Fire Linker 128Mb Re-flash ROM Help

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Monty Kensicle, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Monty Kensicle
    OP

Monty Kensicle Yay!

Aug 4, 2008
    United States
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    I acquired a Fire Linker card with an original GBA a few days ago and I know it's not a good cart but I thought I could put it to use as a cartridge for my Pokemon Platinum's Duel-Slot mode.

So I'm writing the Leaf Green ROM I dumped and my stupid cat decides to jump up on the desk and yank down the GBA in the process, disconnecting the system and interrupting the program.

Now the Fire Linker cart isn't detected by the Splink software but still Boots with the Gameboy logo with Nintendo text to a white screen, and it still plays the little chime signifying it's going into Linker Mode when you hold down Start & Select.

Looking at the cartridge in a DS with GBA Backup Tool I see the file name has changed from Fire Emblem to Pokemon Leaf Green but that's about it.

Does anyone know a possible way to fix it so it boots again? Is there some software I can perhaps run on my DS to link with the GBA cart like that one for the EZ-Flash 3-in-1?

Thank you for your time.

2. DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    Georgia
    Note that I know practically nothing about that card at all so this advice may not help. My two recommendations would be to look at FAS1 for the DS at https://code.google.com/p/fas1/ (unlikely to work) or try using Mootan's FlashManager program on your computer instead of the Splink software (has support for tons of various cable/card combinations)

3. Monty Kensicle
    OP

Monty Kensicle Yay!

Aug 4, 2008
    United States
    Commonwealth of Virginia

Sorry for the late reply. Been busy with work and illness. As expected FAS1 didn't work and FlashManager wouldn't detect the cart in linker mode with any combination I tried. Later I'm going to try a different computer with a parallel port to see if that might be an issue.