Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Hi!

I bought Fire linker from DX few days ago, and I have two guestions:

1. Does it have battery inside it?
2. Is it good to use if I use only one game inside it?

(sorry my bad English)

gba.gif

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These are good cards for the price. I have a few and I use them. There is a battery for sav. files. There are two ways to get a game on it. Someone modified gbaldr so you can load games from a slot one card or you could use the parallel and a GBA with the SPLink loader software. I think Splink supports mutiboot and if you use that program I think the fire linker has better game compatibility.

Shorkio

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Pliskron said:
These are good cards for the price. I have a few and I use them. There is a battery for sav. files. There are two ways to get a game on it. Someone modified gbaldr so you can load games from a slot one card or you could use the parallel and a GBA with the SPLink loader software. I think Splink supports mutiboot and if you use that program I think the fire linker has better game compatibility.

Ok. Thanks
smile.gif

Llama Riot

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I have one of these that I use for NES and SMS, and it hasn't given me any problems whatsoever. Don't use the software that comes bundled with it, as it's purported to be infested with malware. I tried to load pogoshell onto it but it didn't work, I didn't try more than once though so maybe you can get it to work?

Shorkio

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Pliskron said:
You have to patch the pokemon games to use them on the firelinker because that card doesn't have a real time clock.

Oh ok, I will keep that in mind
smile.gif

QUOTE(IceRentoraa29 @ Feb 24 2010, 08:08 PM) Anybody still have the SKU number for this card? (I may get one in the future.)

I send it via PM
smile.gif

Burbruee

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just got one of these today. It works fine, but I wonder if there's a way to clear SRAM on the flash cart.
I've run into issues when changing games. For example on Super Mario Advance 4, I started playing on slot 1 and the world map started shaking uncontrollably up and down and mario never appeared. The only solution was to turn off the GBA as no buttons had any effect.
On slot 2 the game worked fine.

Then I put in Pokemon LeafGreen, and it cannot save. It says save failed and to exchange backup memory.
When I start LeafGreen it says "The 1M sub-circuit board is not installed".

Similar thing if I delete LeafGreen and put emerald on firelinker now.

However, earlier today (when I first got the firelinker) Pokemon Emerald was the first game I tried. Played for 40 minutes and saved. Everything worked.
But now that I've been switching games and savetypes back and forth it behaves weird.

Fortunately, I made a backup of the Emerald save from earlier. And when I restored it, saving seems to work once again. It's my understanding that Emerald uses 128k save type, but SPLINK only goes up to 64k.
Somehow it still worked when all slots were "clean", and I backed it up and restoring it allows the game to save.

So.. Is there a way to clear SRAM and put everything in "fresh" with SPLINK to not have this "mess" even when only putting in one game at a time?

And one last thing. Every time I start for example Emerald, I get "The save file has been corrupted, last save will be loaded" and then "Internal battery has run dry".
The save still loads fine and the second one is because firelinker doesn't have RTC.
I've heard something about patching pokemon games for the second issue though, but also heard it's not possible with Emerald.

Edit: Eh, now I played a while longer on Emerald. Took a break and came back and it said the save file had been ERASED because of corruption.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte