Apr 14, 2008

Fire Emblem by Satangel at 7:29 AM (3,260 Views / 0 Likes) 21 replies

1. Satangel
    OP

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    I've tried chapter 22 in Fire Emblem around 10 times now, but I always lose one of my characters, and I don't want to lose them.
    I can kill all the easy characters, but the bosses Jasmine and Paul are just too strong for me.
    Especially because my strongest characters are on a horse, and they can't move good in the sand.
    Any tips on beating the bosses?

2. xcalibur

Member xcalibur Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear

United Kingdom
    Gamefaqs?

Also, make sure you have a lot of vulneraries.
    Have one of your knights be a tank and lead the main attack while you have others heal him.
    And take on the bosses one at a time.

3. Satangel
    OP

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    I've tried GameFaqs several times.

I don't get the chance to use the potions. When its Enemy Phase, he attacks a person (strong person that is in his range) and he kills him with 2 blows.

4. abaddon41_80

Member abaddon41_80 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I haven't played in a while but that is the one with Pent, correct? If I remember correctly he will go around and kill all the weak units so you should just get all your ranged and swords units within range of the bosses and then send them all in as soon as you have found all of the items buried in the sand and gotten Hawkeye. I remember I beat the bosses with Matthew, Eliwood, and Lyn because they have great speed and use swords so they wouldn't get hit by axes

5. Satangel
    OP

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Yeah its that level.

How the hell can I defeat a boss with Matthew? He's one of the weakest characters in the game.
    And Eliwood and Lyn are too weak, one hit of the boss and they are dead.

6. abaddon41_80

Member abaddon41_80 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It takes a while to do it with those three but since they are so fast they should dodge the bosses' attacks and slowly get him down. Equip them with Killer weapons if you have any at that point. Like I said, it has been a while since I played it

7. FireEmblemGuy

Member FireEmblemGuy Finally hit 1000 posts

United States
    I hate to do this, but I have to go GFAQs on you. Most of the tier lists, if I recall, put Matthew in the highest tiers, if you raise him and get decent level ups he's pretty good. I do believe that the Hector's hard mode tier puts him in the top tier.

Back on topic, it sounds to me like you haven't leveled up your units as well as you should've. Get Hawkeye(that's the chapter he comes in, correct?), give him vulneraries, and have him tank his way out to wherever Pent is. Once Pent is safe, or at least where your other units can get to him, and send Hawkeye and another strong unit or to off towards the bosses.

8. PlooBloo

Member PlooBloo GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Maybe I over-leveled everyone, but I had Raven tank since nothing could hit him and sent in my 3 magic users after. Raven took down Paul and Jasmine pretty easily with a sword. I also used Heath to grab Pent for Mission 22x. Have a high leveled healer tag along, too.

9. Satangel
    OP

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    My strongest units are Markus , Erk, Hector and Rebecca.

And its impossible that Matthew can beat them in my game.

10. zoharmodifier

Member zoharmodifier GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If you don't mind a "little" cheating, you can use the mine glitch if you still have a mine. It's described in the GF codes section. Personally I've only used this to get the uber Spear, but I guess if you absolutely can't get pass this chapter, it's worth a shot.

11. Satangel
    OP

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    I completed this level now, but I didn't get enough XP to get to the bonus level...
    But I was too tired to try it again, so thats why I just played through.

12. apprentice57

Newcomer apprentice57 Newbie

United States
    Matthew, leveled to assasin can easily best Marcus, the reason being the one hit kill with a critical, and the fact that marcus is a terrible unit (one of the worst in the game), as he is a premote, he is strong in the early game, but terrible stat advances make him a terrible unit. Assassin Matthew, can easily OHKO many strong units.

Have you ever leveled Matthew up to the level that your Marcus, Erk, Hector, and Rebecca are? I doubt it, and because of that, your statement is utterly useless.

13. Satangel
    OP

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    I can't train Matthew, if an enemy hits him two times, he's dead.

14. zoharmodifier

United States
    You could say that about a lot of characters like the mages or archers. But they're still good because they dodge well (well, some of them). If you haven't trained Matthew up till now though, he's pretty much useless. And... I agree with the other poster, I don't think you should have trained Marcus...

15. FireEmblemGuy

Member FireEmblemGuy Finally hit 1000 posts

United States
    Fail. Topic over.

Seriously, just because a character starts out way too overpowered doesn't mean that you use him to clean up the map for everyone else. Bad idea.

16. gizmo_gal

Member gizmo_gal QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!

United States
    Hmm I've been wanting to play this game for a while but the only thing stopping me from getting it is that--even thought I like the tactical element of it, I dont know if I will enjoy 40 hrs of tactics. Is it possible to switch the battle mode to just plain turn based?

17. Satangel
    OP

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Okay, sorry, I will remember it for my next play of FE [​IMG]
    I'm thinking of starting over, tnx to this topic.

18. EJames2100

Member EJames2100 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    huh you really think that, make him assassin(if you can by this point, not sure) stick a killing edge on him and watch him wipe out entire maps [​IMG]

Marcus = Big Flop, don't even use him at the start unless you really have to.

Train up the 3 lords, especially Hector as he is amazing, Lyn is like a swordemaster when she hits lvl 20 and Ephraim just cause you have to use him and he's not too bad a character [​IMG]

19. DarkSpace

Member DarkSpace Custom member title

United States
    Starting over would be your best bet, juding from what I read.

20. zoharmodifier

United States
    You mean Eliwood, not Ephraim. Ephraim is from FE8. [​IMG]

Also, I disagree with the idea of starting over. Yes, you chose a few bad characters, but I say the game is still beatable, especially since you are on normal mode (I'm assuming). Like I said, as a true last resort, do the mine glitch.