jamesalfred

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hi everyone,

I have a JAP Wii, with 3.3J and Wiikey 1.9s. Well, I looked into wiki.gbatemp.net, and found out thar Fire Emblem NTSC-U was already playable in JAP Wii by applying WBB 1.3 and WGLPv2. Then I tried it.
I ripped my NTSC-U Fire Emblem and then applying the WBB 1.3. After that, I extracted the main.dol with Trucha Signer, and patch it with WGLPv2 (auto-patch NTSC-U --> NTSC-J). Then replacing the main.dol, and trucha signing it. After that, I burned it with IMGBURN (I followed the ripping and burning techniques from tutorial).
I put the DVD into my Wii. After a while, even when I'm still on channel selection, the screen turned black with some japanese characters (saying that I should turn it off?). Why's that??? I've tried making a normal Wii DVD backup (without WBB and other stuff), burn it, and it works! So, why's this happening?? The same case happened with Okami. Please, HELP!!!!!!

iLogeestikz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi,
i had the same issue yesterday. I've burned another backup today and will try it at home.

My system is 3.3J + 1.9s wiikey too. but i didn't rip original fire emblem, just downloaded usa release by ZRY - the one mentioned in wiki.gbatemp.net. Then used WGLP and then WBB. And I've got black screen with some jap text (only OFF was in English) just after inserting DVD. By the way, I've used Verbatim dvd-r.

so, i'll try new copy today and then write a reply here - will it work or not.

QUOTE said:
I've tried making a normal Wii DVD backup (without WBB and other stuff), burn it, and it works!
hm, was the text in japanese or in english?

jamesalfred

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Thanks for the reply

No no, it's not a normal Fire Emblem DVD backup. I'm making a backup of another game, and it works, proving that I've no problem in burning.

Yep, the very same problem with me. I've got some suspicion, perhaps because of the firmware?

iLogeestikz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tried another copy and result - same black screen with some text in japanese (
I'm not really sure that it happened due to firmware version, maybe we'll try to write it without any patches, just a clear backup? It's not a problem if it'll run in japanese language without wglp, but the question is - will it run indeed? USA version of Fire emblem contains some old firmware update (2.2 as i remember), so i almost sure that it will not semi-brick my wii.

maybe someone else had this error with this game? or vice versa - someone with the same jap wii ran this game without this error?

jamesalfred

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Well, a Fire Emblem clear backup will just stop at blank screen after starting the game for a while. The game is readable, but unplayable.
Yep. it has a firmware 2.2 update, but it shouldn't be a matter now, because we have the 3.3J firmware already.

jamesalfred

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
iLogeestikz said:
We've missed one thing..
3.3 firmware update "doesn't allow Trucha Signed discs (modified ISO's and Scrubbed ISOs) to boot directly from the menu" - from here: http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=91499

I'll try it with GeckoOS, or u can try to by yourself.. hope, this will work..

ps. yeah, i'm really displeased that updated to 3.3 (

.........................darn it................ Using GeckoOS means applying Twilight Hack no? I'm quite new on those things. Using GeckoOS, should we patch the DVD again? Thx.

iLogeestikz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, to install GeckoOS channel we need to run twilight hack or run it from homebrew channel, if you have it installed. I think, that we don't need to patch the DVD again, just insert it after GOS loaded.

I've tried to install homebrew channel some days ago using twilight hack and without results ( got some error err=c10000002 - tried serching, but nothing (
So, now i'm looking for some WAD installer compatible with 3.3 to install GOS channel without installing HBC...

iLogeestikz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
jan777,

i've seen you in topic related to GOS channel installing.. can you, please, tell how to install it without HBC? and, btw, what is your firmware?

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
im on 3.2j

you NEED the twilight hack to install the channel

as of now i cannot think of any alternatives except disc installers which would probably need the trucha bug

why dont you just rent/download/buy/acquire a copy of the twilight princess?

then install the channel easy as 1,2,3

iLogeestikz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As i wrote above -
I've tried to install homebrew channel some days ago using twilight hack and without results ( got some error err=c10000002

i've used last twilight hack, wich supports 3.3 firmwares and it run perfectly, but when i reformatted sd card and put main.dol of HBC beta 8 on it and run twilight hack again - then I recieve this error, instead of HBC's disclaimer..

jamesalfred

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Well, I'll try using HBC first. It's better than Twilight Hack right? But will it support most of the homebrew out there? Like WAD Manager, or Installer?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: douche