Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Emblem: Three Houses will feature same-sex romance options for certain characters

D1Hv61iU8AEa61W.jpg

The latest Fire Emblem game is almost here, as fans only need to wait more two weeks until the game's launch, on July 26th. Spoilers and information are beginning to spread, as people get their hands on review copies or find retailers that break street date. Series fans will know that Supports are a major part of previous Fire Emblem games, with more modern entries fully allowing you to play matchmaker with every member of your army. This new Fire Emblem title will have that same feature, though with a rather significant addition; Nintendo has confirmed that Fire Emblem: Three Houses will allow your player character to romance certain other party members, particularly of the same sex. This isn't the first time that the series has allowed for same-sex romance options--Fire Emblem: Fates gave players two party members that you could romance, regardless of your player character's gender. Not every unit will be compatible, but an initial list of some of those specific characters can be found in the source link, below.

Considering the reception and popularity of a well-known Fire Emblem: Fates romhack, hosted on this very site, this choice could be a very welcome and long-awaited one.

:arrow: Source

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cue people screeching about literally nothing that hasn't already existed before.

and has literally no bearing on anything you do in the game.

Wait... but don't you get children that can be recruited and have their own classes or something? >_> So it does affect gameplay?

KyleHyde

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Wait... but don't you get children that can be recruited and have their own classes or something? >_> So it does affect gameplay?
Technically yes (at least in some of the previous titles), though I've seen a couple of people mentioning that the children units/mechanics don't exist in Three Houses at all.

Granted, I'm not an FE buff, so I'm not entirely sure.

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Technically yes (at least in some of the previous titles), though I've seen a couple of people mentioning that the children units/mechanics don't exist in Three Houses at all.

Granted, I'm not an FE buff, so I'm not entirely sure.

Ooh Ok, interesting.

Reactions: THYPLEX
D

Deleted User

Nintendo , add more lesbians pairings please !
Sincerely , a fan of yours.

2nd this, but also recommend that they consult JadenKaiba of Deviant Art... He has done some "tasteful" work of this type of coupling, I have no doubt he would be a great asset to them, if you catch my drift ;P.

Reactions: THYPLEX

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I'm no expert but I don't think having children with same sex couples will be an issue. :unsure:

Reactions: Chary

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Well the issue with it being optional is that it makes the character confirmed gay even, and it makes people who know it's wrong who follow what the Bible says on the matter angry with the character(s), and makes them disconnect with the character(s), because they know a male or female shouldn't be in love with his/her same sex.
As a Christian, this has always confused me. Why would you want to be angry towards someone for their choices? We're supposed to be caring and supportive towards everyone--love thy neighbor, etc. Even if they're not "in line" with the Bible, neither is stealing or adultery, and yet many devout Christians won't condemn them half as strongly as they would a gay person.

Would you be angry with a player character that murders, because killing is wrong in the Bible? Does that cause a disconnect, because people shouldn't kill each other?

I think, considering Fire Emblem's "modern" core audience, many, many players are going to be very happy with this choice, and I don't see anything wrong with that. Let people enjoy things, is how I see it.

Kadji

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I am totaly fine with this and can't understand why some people are outraged by the possibility to have a same sex romance in the game.

Seriously guys/girls, what's the problem?
Some people on the internet are behaving like the game is throwing down a d*ck their throat, as if it is impossible *not* to see any same sex romance...

To those people: You have to specifically work towards the goal of having a same sex romance in the game, it's not something that 'just happens' by the story.
I welcome more choices. It's not my cup of tea, so I won't use it, but I am glad that the option is included.

Also, you can't get children in this game as far as we know, so you are not hindering yourself by having a same sex romance in your playthrough.
Heck, since I have to play through the game 3 times I might as well try to get one of the same sex romances just for fun (Looking at you Dimitri :D )

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well, I'll have to make sure to avoid flags with said the not so straight dudes. :O

Sadly I can't build a harem... I need a FE harem route, it's always hard to choose the best wife in these games. :'(

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I need FE:Awakening's Miriel in this FE!

I want to have virtual kids with her and send them to their possible death in combat.

Gayness doesn't bother me.

Nevermore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So did anybody bring up yet how all the same-sex options are mostly yaoi/yuri pandering to mainly straight males? Especially while the female options are really hot, and the male options are lackluster (places like ResetEra are screeching how Claude ISN'T an option).

It always bugged me how people label it as "LGBBQT Pairings" instead of yaoi/yuri like it is. The same was true with Fates with both of their options lol.

But it really makes me miss when Fire Emblem fanbase wasn't about this "omg muh shipping" and instead about the niche series itself. And people treat it like it's a sin that every character isn't bisexual or whatever.

Last edited by Nevermore,

Borjitasstoi

Trophies
XP
Country
i dont want be rude but it feels this game put this thing as agenda and you know what this is a good signal because fire emblem considers same sex options

this gonna be interesting because that means i you touch the code you can make all character with all options possible it takes time but if you want a complete experience and dont stick depend character preferences looks like will be a mod in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    dammit that thread got moved from offtopic to edge, well since that happened
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Aeiou backwards
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    ?tuw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yltcaxE
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ¡¡¡ tttoN
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ssssey ioBtneicnA@
    +1
    :angry: ¡¡¡¡¡ oooooooooooooooooooooooN
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ?draeh ton uoy evaH
    Gives you "The 🖕 BIRD" :tpi::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:
    +2
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Gives you "The 🖕 BIRD" :tpi::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2: +2