ROM Hack RELEASE Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Three Useful Overlay Utils

MegaMagikarp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
I recently wrote some overlays for FE3H, thought I'd share them here.

unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

## Item Trainer
items.gif

## Class Edit
class.gif

## Support Edit
support.gif

# Credit
**Jacien** - for being the benefactor of this project as well as providing info and testing. This project would not have taken place without him.
@Falo - for info from his work on the save editor

# Download Link:
https://github.com/3096/feth-overlays/releases

Happy anniversary everyone!

Last edited by MegaMagikarp,

Khalyus

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I recently wrote some overlays for FE3H, thought I'd share them here.

unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

## Item Trainer
items.gif

## Class Edit
class.gif

## Support Edit
support.gif

# Credit
**Jacien** - for being the benefactor of this project as well as providing info and testing. This project would not have taken place without him.
@Falo - for info from his work on the save editor

# Download Link:
https://github.com/3096/feth-overlays/releases

Happy anniversary everyone!

That IS an amazing work!

Does this infinity durabilty work like the cheat? Cuz the cheat may glitch some missions that u need to get dropped itens from enemy. Its Just a good thing to point out.

Last edited by Khalyus,

MegaMagikarp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
That IS an amazing work!

Does this infinity durabilty work like the cheat? Cuz the cheat may glitch some missions that u need to get dropped itens from enemy. Its Just a good thing to point out.
I'm not sure what that item is or what mission. But considering my overlay selects items I don't imagine it would be an issue. I'm not sure how the cheat does it

Reactions: Khalyus

Khalyus

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm not sure what that item is or what mission. But considering my overlay selects items I don't imagine it would be an issue. I'm not sure how the cheat does it
One fresh exemple i have in mind, is a house of Wolves mission, where unfight some statues to get a Key, the cheat breaka the mission.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
nope they were just hidden and I wasn't able to see them thanks
They were not hidden, but either Mac OS or linux distro treated dot in ".overlays" folder name as hidden attribute, because you had configured system that way. First time seeing folder like this?

GayRPG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
They were not hidden, but either Mac OS or linux distro treated dot in ".overlays" folder name as hidden attribute, because you had configured system that way. First time seeing folder like this?

yes, first time, also the firs time using the overlays on the switch

TheMageBlood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@MegaMagikarp
This is fantastic! Thank you so much for working on this!!
Pokemon Sword corrupted my SD so I had to reinstall all my applications and FETH Save Editor was no longer working. So this is great!

Question for you (and/or for anybody), is there any reliable way to edit (even if I have to toggle every play session or replace) spell lists? For example, I made Byleth a Dark Bishop but S/he has no black magic spells. I tried adding in Miasma Δ [item ID 4014, durability 10, number 1] to see if maybe it would give the spell as an item but I cannot get that to work. There use to be an option in the Save Editor, but that isn't working for me atm.
*EDIT: I now see that there is a note on the GitHub page that says to only use Weapon/Equipment/Item ID's and not magic as it will only take up an invisible space in the inventory. Apologies, should have been more thorough. I was excited that I found an Overlay that works! If anybody knows of a way to accomplish this task [editing a character's magic list] please let me know and point me in the right direction!

Regardless, this is amazing! Thank you so much!

Last edited by TheMageBlood,

MegaMagikarp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
@MegaMagikarp
This is fantastic! Thank you so much for working on this!!
Pokemon Sword corrupted my SD so I had to reinstall all my applications and FETH Save Editor was no longer working. So this is great!

Question for you (and/or for anybody), is there any reliable way to edit (even if I have to toggle every play session or replace) spell lists? For example, I made Byleth a Dark Bishop but S/he has no black magic spells. I tried adding in Miasma Δ [item ID 4014, durability 10, number 1] to see if maybe it would give the spell as an item but I cannot get that to work. There use to be an option in the Save Editor, but that isn't working for me atm.
*EDIT: I now see that there is a note on the GitHub page that says to only use Weapon/Equipment/Item ID's and not magic as it will only take up an invisible space in the inventory. Apologies, should have been more thorough. I was excited that I found an Overlay that works! If anybody knows of a way to accomplish this task [editing a character's magic list] please let me know and point me in the right direction!

Regardless, this is amazing! Thank you so much!
iirc magics are stored in different location from items. there are probably ways to support that, but I'm busy working on other projects at the moment.

TheMageBlood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iirc magics are stored in different location from items. there are probably ways to support that, but I'm busy working on other projects at the moment.

I just figured out how to dump the files and use an editor to alter the magic lists, so now I have the best of both both worlds!

Thank you so much for all your hard work with this! The overlay is super smooth and easy to use?

While I have you, do you happen to know how the materials are stored? Like seeds, smithing stones, food, etc. It would be nice to toss in some food to make some of the nicer dishes.

MegaMagikarp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
I just figured out how to dump the files and use an editor to alter the magic lists, so now I have the best of both both worlds!

Thank you so much for all your hard work with this! The overlay is super smooth and easy to use?

While I have you, do you happen to know how the materials are stored? Like seeds, smithing stones, food, etc. It would be nice to toss in some food to make some of the nicer dishes.
Can't say I've looked into that yet, lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: