ROM Hack Discussion Fire Emblem: Three Houses General Hacking

ARTTTTT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
you will have the SAVE EDITOR update, because the alternate missions of the mission that are with EX00 and not SLOT00 do not work

gh0stslayr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've updated the Fodlan Editor for PersonData editing capabilities. Currently, it is only for the player characters and is fairly limited. I will be continuing to add more enhancements in future updates.

https://gamebanana.com/tools/8215

@TheHegemon, thanks for the comments. I haven't found anything specifically regarding the health bars or spaces for monster enemies. Hope to have find something later down the road.

@ARTTTTT, are you trying to load the Cindered Shadows save file into the save editor? If I recall correctly, I didn't run into any issues on my end when loading it. What are you trying to do with it?

Reactions: neonsolstice

ARTTTTT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
no, the save editor is for the Fire Emblem Three House, if not the save editor when you load the normal game you get the SLOT file that is compatible with the save editor and there it modifies the characters etc etc, but in the expansion when which is like alternate or extra stories when you save you don't get a SLOT file but EX and that file is not read by the save editor, well the EX file changes the name to SLOT and detects it until it detects the amount of money it had in that game so it thinks that it works only by changing the name but when I load the same I don't modify it, that's my problem

gh0stslayr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@EisT, can you clarify on this? Are you talking about the save editor?

@ARTTTTT, no, you can't use the ex file. When you save in the DLC, it's called abyss(slot#). You can open the abyss files in the save editor.

ARTTTTT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
yes, thank you, other question,

in the new game + when I am entering the first mission it bugs and does not load a lot of time and never continues

tabun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it still possible to change difficulty using the save editor? I feel like this is easy edit lol, but my save files still say I'm playing hard.

edit: nvm :) just had to save in game one time to see the change

Last edited by tabun,

neonsolstice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So I'm trying to edit this spawn file in the fodlan editor, but the .bai file for battle of the eagle and lion (97.bai) only contains unit information for the blue lions and golden deer, and has Edelgard set as the commander...

I'm assuming there's a corresponding .bai for each of the houses, but the filelist I have doesn't show the others, and if it's in there it's not located in the same place as the other chapters. I'm lost... Anyone have any ideas?

Also, anyone have any luck editing 117.bai (to war at gronder)? I just see No Character in the ID slots.

Last edited by neonsolstice,

gh0stslayr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ARTTTTT, sorry but I am not sure how much I can help you with this issue. Maybe something happened with your save file?

@eraquus, unfortunately, I didn't add the functionality for multi-path .bai files. It is all under one .bai file but Fodlan Editor only goes through the first 100 entries which is why you see Edelgard as the commander. This is something I'll be revisiting later down the road.

neonsolstice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
@eraquus, unfortunately, I didn't add the functionality for multi-path .bai files. It is all under one .bai file but Fodlan Editor only goes through the first 100 entries which is why you see Edelgard as the commander. This is something I'll be revisiting later down the road.
That explains a lot, thanks for clarifying!

Anyways, anybody know where DLC portraits are located:creep:

neonsolstice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I uploaded a mod to gamebanana replacing some characters timeskip portraits (and their expressions!) with their Three Hopes equivalent -- with some variations like Dedue (keeping some of his scars), or editing stuff like Caspar's scar to stop at his hairline, due to personal preference.

You can find it here:

Kimagure

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I am going absolutely crazy over this, help is MUCH appreciated.

I've been trying to use Sothis as a character, and imported her in all fine but she has no magic spells AT ALL.
I've tried a few things but none seem to work, the easiest/smartest way to do this would be much appreciated. Im relatively new to hacking so this has been very difficult for me

neonsolstice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I am going absolutely crazy over this, help is MUCH appreciated.

I've been trying to use Sothis as a character, and imported her in all fine but she has no magic spells AT ALL.
I've tried a few things but none seem to work, the easiest/smartest way to do this would be much appreciated. Im relatively new to hacking so this has been very difficult for me
Outside of Jeralt and Rhea, non-playable characters don't have an index for spells unfortunately. A workaround for this would be to replace a playable character with Sothis by changing their name, asset etc. with hers using the Progenitor tool. This would additionally allow for her to get some supports with your other characters as well.

Kimagure

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you for the help! I think that that's the best idea then.

So just to make sure, there really is no way of making her have a custom spell list, rather only copy someone elses?

Gamerjin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.....its a little trickier, but you can do it in one of two ways:
1) there is a highlight unit spell and rank code which replace the existing spells.
only 2 problem with it:
a) When you change classes it resets
b) unless you have a custom separate code it applies to the current highlighted unit if you still the button combo.
(ie. sothis has one set, but unless there is a separate code, ashe could also have the same spell list.)

2) note im not entirely confident if i have the right setup but.....
1655260797106.png

if you have access to a hex editor:
0x1AFD4-0x1AFD8 : Faith spell rank
0x1AFD9-0x1AFDD : Reason spell themselves
0x1AFDE-0x1AFE2 : Faith spell themselves
0x1AFE3-0x1AFE7 : Reason spell rank
this is Sothis spell data in the file \patch4\nx\data\fixed_persondata.bin

Last edited by Gamerjin,
Reactions: neonsolstice

neonsolstice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thank you for the help! I think that that's the best idea then.

So just to make sure, there really is no way of making her have a custom spell list, rather only copy someone elses?
Gamerjin's suggestion would be a decent workaround, but might be a tall order if you're not familiar with hex editing.

Also, you can still change the spell list in Progenitor, it doesn't have to be a carbon copy of the character you're replacing.
Screenshot (163).png

just paste her Other data over someone else's address. There are other tabs, like Spells, where you can edit her spell list as you please. After editing the file (fixed_persondata.bin), place it in your mod folder.

The directory should look like this:
010055D009F78000\FolderName\romfs\patch4\nx\data\fixed_persondata.bin

Kimagure

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Kimagure, you can also use the Fodlan Editor to do this as changing persondata was implemented recently.
Thank you for the HUGE help, did it through Fodlan Editor and it's as smooth as butter, I do have one more question though. is the Personal tab not working right now? Or do you have to put in values manually?
1655377107056.png

Attachments

• 1655377043666.png
    1655377043666.png
    30.8 KB · Views: 88

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality