ROM Hack Discussion Fire Emblem: Three Houses General Hacking

Khalyus

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, so I'm unsure if anybody's able to help me here, but I've been stuck on this for a while and I can't seem to find a way to fix it and it's giving me a serious headache LOL. I've asked around Discord as well, yet I cannot seem to find a way to fix this.

I was doing a playthrough using this mod: ( gamebanana(dot)com(slash)mods(slash)51514 ) (I only really cared for unrestricted access to the main classes, not the special classes), and it worked perfectly fine so far. However, I reached the chapter for the White Heron Cup and had Flayn win the dance competition. I was assuming the option to reclass to dancer would show up as normal, but it hasn't.

I tried using a save editor to manually edit her class, but the editor doesn't seem to have the option to change classes of a character. Strangely enough, the Dancer class is flagged -- meaning she has the class in her reclass options, but it just won't show up in the reclass menu. Unfortunately as well, Progenitor doesn't have the option to mod the fixed_classdata.bin file just yet. I've tried contacting the creator of the mod, but I haven't received a response and they seem to be inactive.

From what I'm seeing in the pictures from Gamebanana, it looks as if the Dancer class is listed under "Special" classes next to the DLC classes -- however, I have no idea how to install DLC on CFW without pirating.

Since I'm relatively new to modding, hex editing is really daunting for me and I can't get myself to understand it and manually fix things from the root. Is there anybody that can help me out ?
If you want to chance acess to class, you do It on fixed_persondata.bin, not on class data. Bin, y Can make a character have acess to class on the class tab.

I can't say for sure If It Will work on a character already in your party.

izayoixx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Anyone know why the ten elites' model won't show up in battle even with their appropriate classes? This results in them not having an attack animation too. They worked in cindered shadows but not in the main story. I tested nemesis and his model shows up properly.

jstatic46

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ve been up and down this discussion and can’t find an answer. Is there a way to edit the characters’ “Learned Magic” in the Save Editor tool?

Reactions: Khalyus

izayoixx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I’ve been up and down this discussion and can’t find an answer. Is there a way to edit the characters’ “Learned Magic” in the Save Editor tool?
No. You need to edit fixed_persondata for this. But I remember having codes for this but the changes will reset if you reset the game.

Khalyus

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
No. You need to edit fixed_persondata for this. But I remember having codes for this but the changes will reset if you reset the game.
The persondata.bin changes only affect the spell list you Will learn, not the ones you already have.

izayoixx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
The persondata.bin changes only affect the spell list you Will learn, not the ones you already have.
No it affects both. You will only have spells that is on the persondata. If you change your old spells then your old spells will be gone regardless if you learned it and will be replaced with what you changed. That's why changes on spells don't stick and also why you can't change it in the save editor.

Do I use the “save editor” for that?
No. You use the progenitor tool (it is on gamebanana) on a dumped ROM. If you are on yuzu it is very easy to do.

jstatic46

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. You use the progenitor tool (it is on gamebanana) on a dumped ROM. If you are on yuzu it is very easy to do.

Oh. I was asking is there a way to change it for Switch version where you can inject characters into your roster using the Save Editor tool. Is there a way to hack specific spells on characters and then re-inject their “character file” using Save Editor tool?

izayoixx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Oh. I was asking is there a way to change it for Switch version where you can inject characters into your roster using the Save Editor tool. Is there a way to hack specific spells on characters and then re-inject their “character file” using Save Editor tool?
No. Save editing won't work because the game resets the spell list according to what you can only learn. I think you can change them ingame though by a cheat. But again, the changes will reset upon restarting the game.

Khalyus

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
No it affects both. You will only have spells that is on the persondata. If you change your old spells then your old spells will be gone regardless if you learned it and will be replaced with what you changed. That's why changes on spells don't stick and also why you can't change it in the save editor.

Really? I toughtbit was like skills.

jtenma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a code to unlock all battalions since we cannot edit the saves with the save editor? Looking to put a dlc only battalion on a character. I missed my chance :'(

7hornadus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
any Cheat code here work in ryujinx? the game play better in ryujinx IMO
in Yuzu there are this weird sound glitch even in newest build/EA

I had this "weird sound glitch" when I used "All Gifts x9" code. When I removed this code the glitch disappeared.

izayoixx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I had this "weird sound glitch" when I used "All Gifts x9" code. When I removed this code the glitch disappeared.
Weird sound glitch probably just means your pc can't handle the code being enforced over and over again. For the gifts just edit your save. Get a better pc or just use codes for exp multipliers

7hornadus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Weird sound glitch probably just means your pc can't handle the code being enforced over and over again. For the gifts just edit your save. Get a better pc or just use codes for exp multipliers

As I said, I had this issue when I used this code, I don't have it anymore and I'm not asking about it. If you need help to interpret things go to school. By the way, if you're so worried about my PC give me the money to buy a new one. I'll be waiting.

izayoixx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
As I said, I had this issue when I used this code, I don't have it anymore and I'm not asking about it. If you need help to interpret things go to school. By the way, if you're so worried about my PC give me the money to buy a new one. I'll be waiting.
I just said that your pc is the problem not the code. Weird sound happens on all codes spanning more than a few lines. Stay mad kid.

HatSlapper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, this has probably been asked before, but is there a way to edit model and map textures in-game? I know about Toolbox, but I'm not sure how to find the map and model textures from the rom itself.

john2003

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
[Byleth Male]
580F0000 01ABAF60
780F0000 00000668
610F0000 00000000 00000000

[Byleth Female]
580F0000 01ABAF60
780F0000 00000668
610F0000 00000000 00000001
hi i am a new gut to this. i use yuzu emulator and i have the save file but when i open it in HxD it doesnt look like that. where do i put this code in order for that to work? thx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats true, personally I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really only games I play on the PS3 (You know me, I'm more of a Xbox junkie)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps3 really has no titles worth going online
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    what is nps?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, what about GTA v onl... O Yea the PS3 versión got discontinued
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I feel like the world's cheapest pc build can play gtaV
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In modern standards
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then why mine can't?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 What is nps you mentioned?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because your pc has a hamster innit
    +3
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    R.I.P. LittleBigPlanet PS3 servers
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    LBP2 still the goat tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That can be played on ps5 iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy +2