1. AkiraKurusu

AkiraKurusu GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I've wondered this myself, since raising a unit's Skills to A (the maximum needed for exams) takes time. Oh, sure, you can set a unit's earned Skill EXP to be one short of a raise using the editor, and then use the Max Action Points code to instruct each and every student, but the editor only maximises the Skill EXP for the current letter grade.

For example, say I maximise Dimitri's Skills when he's got a bunch of Ds. Sure, he'll be one EXP away from D+ for each, but if I want him to have straight-As, then (since you can only save at the end of each week, not during Instruct time) I'd have to button-mash my way through D+, C, C+, B, and B+. Either that, or settle with the D+ grades for each Skill, get to the end of the week, save, use the editor to maximise Dimitri's Skill EXP again, get to Instruct again just to give him the 1 EXP per Skill needed to reach C, and repeat.
    Repeat this with every single unit, save Byleth, and it quickly becomes extremely tedious, regardless of the method chosen.

A way to instantly raise (or lower) a unit's Skill grade would've been quite appreciated, had I not just button-mashed my way through.

2. supersemantic

supersemantic Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Unfortunately with Falo gone, we're kinda stuck, unless somebody else can take it up. Hopefully the release of DLC wave 4 will revive the save editor.

AkiraKurusu likes this.
  3. Merwolf

Merwolf Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hey, im new here!

I dont much know what I'm doing but im trying to get started.

First big question: how does one "Export their 'byleth' or anything at all that this point?"

At first when it can to opening save data on HxD editor I was under the impression that you opened it via MicroSD card. "Seeing as the Nintendo Switch isnt compatible with USB drives. But im not quite sure even my Fire Emblem Three Houses save data is even being opened up as all im seeing are 2.files in the "Nintendo" folder. Both of which are just. 0000000000 and 00000000024 or something.

Please help im super new at this

4. AkiraKurusu

Australia
    Surely there's a way to reverse-engineer the program and get the source code?
    There's even a 'src' folder.

I know nothing about reverse-engineering, so I'd have no clue how to do it, but it should be possible.

5. Adventurer

Adventurer Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    There's nothing to reverse engineer, that is the source code, it would just have to be modified to accommodate new versions.

The source code we have available doesn't work for New Game+ saves, that would have to be fixed. Unfortunately the person who fixed it didn't provide a source for the fix.

6. AkiraKurusu

Australia
    Assuming the current save editor, available via the link on the first post, has New Game + compatibility, then I'm guessing that's the only thing people will have to reverse-engineer?

7. Adventurer

Newcomer

United States
    That's not what reverse engineering means. No one has to take it apart to see how it works, the source is already provided.

The one in the OP does not have NG+, it would have to have its code updated to support NG+, as well as compatibility fixes with future patches and DLC.

8. chaxelos

chaxelos Member
    Newcomer

anyone have the updated character pack that works with the recet 1.1.1 update? cant inject characters with the new editor its giving me an error

9. Nevermore

Nevermore GBAtemp Fan

United States
    It's funny cause there's been a fixed Save Editor that addresses the wiping of New Game Plus data and has worked fine since then: https://gbatemp.net/threads/fire-emblem-three-houses-general-hacking.544144/page-122#post-8867849

supersemantic likes this.
  10. Gamerjin

Gamerjin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    @chaxelos , it appears to working to me, so....
    what injectable characters are giving issues, and what save editor are you using?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
  11. Turtle00

Turtle00 Member
    Newcomer

United States
  12. supersemantic

supersemantic Member
    Newcomer

United States
  13. Adventurer

Newcomer

United States
  14. Shiiouri

Shiiouri Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Anyone here have the updated version of Gender-Locked on Classes Removed Mods that works with the recent 1.1.1 update?

15. Turtle00

Turtle00 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    What's this about Save editor Beta V3 fixed breaking new game saves?

I already used it, but the save loads fine.

I still have a couple backup saves before using it, what do I do?

16. KenshoEisner

KenshoEisner Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    When I try to use the slot00 for Save Editing, it tells me: System.notsupportedexception. Current Save Data 13 is not supported!

Is this due to the update not being compatable, or do I simply need to use a different Slot for my editing here?

17. RenegadeTarna

RenegadeTarna Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I'm only getting that error when loading up non NG+ saves. Probably the same problem

18. Adventurer

Newcomer

United States
  19. konomaru

konomaru Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Are there any battle music mods? since you can add amiibo music and change it in options..

20. pofehof

pofehof Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hmm, that is very creepy. According to malwarebytes, that IP is associated with randomware:

https://blog.malwarebytes.com/detections/208-100-26-251/

Maybe @nhannaruto, the one who created a fix for that file:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/fire-emblem-three-houses-general-hacking.544144/page-122#post-8867849

Might have info on it?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - General, Hacking, Emblem