Discussion Fire Emblem: Three Houses General Hacking

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by Ultimos54, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Blackmonster

Blackmonster GBAtemp Regular

Oct 7, 2016
    Netherlands
    i really dont want to update to 9.0, afraid ill mess evrything up since now all is workin perfectly except fe wave 2 dlc.

simsimsim likes this.
  2. FellDragonGrima

FellDragonGrima GBAtemp Regular

May 1, 2017
    United States
    I’ve a question. Does anyone know of a proper way to skip to a different chapter? Especially with the "current map/ID" value?

3. simsimsim

simsimsim GBAtemp Regular

May 16, 2018
    Canada
    try setting the map ID to 0, and choose which chapter you want to change into. If you're not in the monastery (for example on battle selection screen), return to the monastery and the effect should take place.

4. FellDragonGrima

May 1, 2017
    United States
    Oh. Okay. So pretty much just go to the battle screen, backup my save from there, then set id to 0 along with which chapter number, and return to monastery? Is that the gist?

5. simsimsim

May 16, 2018
    Canada
    What I said before about being on the battle selection menu is just an example, I don't think your save doesn't need to be anywhere in particular. But you need to have a loading screen for the effect to take place, that's why I think it's good to be somewhere other than the monastery, so when you go back, you automatically go through the loading screen to have the chapter changing effect to occur.
    That's basically it in my experience, but I only played around with this feature once or twice, so maybe someone here with more experience can provide a more thorough guide.

6. nowaaru

nowaaru Member

Newcomer
    Sep 8, 2016
    I'm thinking about downgrade my game to 1.01 version to use the working cheat codes. Just delete the game then install again and install patch 1.01 is correct? My save file is 1.02, do i need to to extra thing to make it work with version 1.01?

7. Blackmonster

Oct 7, 2016
    Netherlands
    there are workin cheat codes for 1.02 posted on page 103, not all work but important ones do kinda. and update 1.02 gets u maddening. and btw if u got goldleaf u can just uninstall the updates 1 by 1.

i think pretty much evry1 moved on from this game thats why no1 is really updating cheat codes, dlcs etc

Last edited by Blackmonster, Sep 16, 2019
  8. ApolloJustise

ApolloJustise Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2019
    United States
    What a shame I was just trying to get mine to work but nothings showing up for me. I have not tried the ones on page 102 but im at a dead end if that does not work. do you have any that work for you?

9. MagnesG

MagnesG GBAtemp Lurker

Sep 11, 2016
    United States
    Some of them do work on page 102, and you could always use the save editor if you're pretty desperate.

10. Blackmonster

Oct 7, 2016
    Netherlands
    Did any1 here actually managed to use the wave 2 DLCs with update 1.02 + firmware 9.0??

11. FellDragonGrima

May 1, 2017
    United States
    How does one use Goldleaf anyway? That’s new to me.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Okay. Thanks.

12. asofd

asofd Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 17, 2018
    United States
    where can we get the new 1.0.2 save editor?

13. simsimsim

May 16, 2018
    Canada
    I haven't even found the wave 2 dlc online lol. But honestly it might not even be worth updating to firmware 9.0 just for this DLC unless you really want those auxiliary battles, items or attire.

Ningyoplug likes this.
  14. FellDragonGrima

May 1, 2017
    United States
    I was thinking similarly. Lol.

I’m curious though, does anyone know a link to a thread on how to downgrade system firmware? Or is that no longer possible?

15. BlackwingAngelx

BlackwingAngelx GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 7, 2013
    United States
    I have the DLC installed fine, but yeah, it won't even show up in game unless you're on 9.0. Totally not worth it right now as 9.0 breaks a lot of homebrew functionality.

16. MagnesG

MagnesG GBAtemp Lurker

Sep 11, 2016
    United States
    You can check what contents had been installed in SD/Internal, their info like IDs, and you can uninstall them one by one. Even the tiniest Update/DLC can be tracked and deleted individually.

I think it's in 'Manage Contents' section. I'm not sure about the latest Goldleaf, but I use the 0.5 ver.

17. sephyphypai

sephyphypai Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 18, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Anyone got any codes for class exp on 1.0.2?
    Thanks

Blackmonster likes this.
  18. veekay

veekay GBAtemp Regular

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    Still doesn't show up for me even after updating to 9

19. Zate

Zate Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 29, 2019
    United States
    @Falo Hey with the save editor where are the files you need to change located and what program do you use?

20. Blackmonster

Oct 7, 2016
    Netherlands
    guys i keep gettin this error now on my game :

"The software was closed because an error occurred"

any1 else gettin this too?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted