Not open for further replies.

thewannacryguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
This game originally used a different voice actor for Blyeth and a support conversation was shortened to remove offensive content. Is it possible to restore this content? Game cartridges containing version 1.00 will have the content somewhere inside them.

chaoskagami

G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
This game originally used a different voice actor for Blyeth

The guy caused a huge controversy, they didn't want to contract him for smash and associate further. This is also irrelevant if you're playing with the original (read: Japanese) voices.

and a support conversation was shortened to remove offensive content.

That was actually a translation they took liberties with. It was both WAY too descriptive AND didn't match the Japanese version.

To answer your question, nobody will "restore" this because it's neither censorship nor negative changes. If you really care that much, reinstall without updating and go without the DLC.

supermariorick

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The guy caused a huge controversy, they didn't want to contract him for smash and associate further. This is also irrelevant if you're playing with the original (read: Japanese) voices.

That was actually a translation they took liberties with. It was both WAY too descriptive AND didn't match the Japanese version.

To answer your question, nobody will "restore" this because it's neither censorship nor negative changes. If you really care that much, reinstall without updating and go without the DLC.
that just sounds like poor excuses not to give advice and to be lazy. the least that can be done is to tell OP to use nxgamedumptool to dump the game's assets and set the flag so it doesnt use the update data. that way the files from the romfs of the v1.00 game can be extracted which has the very few original English voice for Byleth before they changed voice actors and the lines that were shortened. The only real effort is digging through the game files and finding the voice files for Byleth and the files that contain that very specific shortened English lines amongst the gigabytes of data. I too am playing the game with Japanese voices but English text however I think someone that is willing to play the game with English voices shouldn't have to put up with all the drama and bs the dub goes through and should be able to at least learn how to "partially undub" it themselves. No one is entitled to their experience but then again as you said the people localizing these games in English tend to take liberties with it and can affect how we get it in English. I have heard claims that even though Byleth barely has any actual voice lines to begin with that it is supposedly better than who they replaced him with in English. Well anyway, ignorance never solved anything. It's not anyone's right to just shut someone down if they want to try to restore some content in spite of the controversies that brought the content changes in the first place. This should be a chance to learn. Not to just dismiss what someone has asked about.

whateverg1012

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game originally used a different voice actor for Blyeth and a support conversation was shortened to remove offensive content. Is it possible to restore this content? Game cartridges containing version 1.00 will have the content somewhere inside them.

which support conversation was changed? I want to see the japanese one and see if there was actually any major changes

Triforce141

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
which support conversation was changed? I want to see the japanese one and see if there was actually any major changes
Bernadetta's B rank support with Byleth [More info here]
berniebsupportinfographic.png

chaoskagami

G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
that just sounds like poor excuses not to give advice and to be lazy.

I wanted to point out that the changes he wants are not a restoration, and that no fire emblem hackers are going to have any interest in this since most are purists who play with Japanese audio and want translation accuracy. That is all.

the least that can be done is to tell OP to use nxgamedumptool to dump the game's assets and set the flag so it doesnt use the update data that way the files from the romfs of the v1.00 game can be extracted which has the very few original English voice for Byleth before they changed voice actors and the lines that were shortened. The only real effort is digging through the game files and finding the voice files for Byleth and the files that contain that very specific shortened English lines amongst the gigabytes of data. I too am playing the game with Japanese voices but English text however I think someone that is willing to play the game with English voices shouldn't have to put up with all the drama and bs the dub goes through and should be able to at least learn how to "partially undub" it themselves.

Are you kidding me? He probably wants a pre-made layeredfs zip. I don't think OP would know how to do what you just described themselves even if given step-by-step instructions, no offense intended. Have you seen the percent of users here who are incapable of following instructions for simple things?

Why should I waste my time producing something I have no interest in? That's just entitled. I'm not obligated to do anything for anyone.

It's not anyone's right to just shut someone down if they want to try to restore some content in spite of the controversies that brought the content changes in the first place. This should be a chance to learn. Not to just dismiss what someone has asked about.

So I shouldn't reply at all and should just let the topic be buried in the forum index, got it.

Look, I'm with you on opportunities to learn. However, it's a virtue to be able to detect losing battles when someone is not looking to learn. You waste less time that way, and time is a precious limited resource.

He could have gone through the FE3H General Hacking thread or asked in there.

Last edited by chaoskagami,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: