Gaming Fire Emblem questions..

Ubuntuの刀

:^D
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so for starters, I've been looking around for more 3DS games to buy online from japan, considering my N3DS is from there(I bought it like a week or 2 ago).
Now, I have 2 games so far and I'm looking for a 3rd and possibly a 4th game. I came back to this forum since you guys have great taste and wanted some opinions.
I saw a lot of people overall from other websites(including this forum) recommend Fire Emblem Awakening in a lot of the "Top 5 must have 3DS games" or something along that idea. Looking up the Fire Emblem series, the games go as far back as 1990, only released in japan, etc.

This game looks very interesting, but I'm a little concerned. As of June 2015, Intelligent Systems released another Fire Emblem game only in japan, and since my N3DS is from there, should I buy that or buy Fire Emblem Awakening? The game being in Japanese doesn't bother me as I'm learning it, but with Fire Emblem Fates, there were some things in it regarding permanently changing the game to this and then requiring dlc to get the 2nd road and then there being a 3rd path for those unchosen... Anyways, it was a lot. So my question comes down to this.

Should I buy Fire Emblem Awakening, buy Fire Emblem Fates, or is there something else you guys recommend I do?

I understand that my post could've been polished better, but I'm on my phone, so... 手伝ってください?(^ν^)

Last edited by Ubuntuの刀,

olshrimpeyes

Your question is bad and you should feel bad
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So there are three games that currently out for the 3DS:

Fire Emblem: Awakening
Fire Emblem IF: Byakuya Oukoku (Fire Emblem: Fates: Birthright)
Fire Emblem IF: Anya Oukoku (Fire Emblem: Fates: Conquest)

The two IF games are despite having the same name vastly different! So, here is my advice get awakening first if you really like it and are comfortable with that get Byakuya Oukoku. If you really like awakening, but want something a bit more challenging go for Anya Oukoku! You can always play the other later. There also a third game available only as DLC to the others!

Hope I explained that well.
http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Fire_Emblem_if
Here's some info on the differences between the two IF games.

Reactions: Ubuntuの刀

mar789

Master Italian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd say get both of them. They are both great games.

With Fire Emblem Fates you can get the special edition which has both campaigns. You would have access to both stories right away. Then you could buy the third story as DLC from the eShop if you wanted.

Ubuntuの刀

:^D
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I actually decided to get Fire Emblem IF via Nintendo eShop since I didn't want to wait for an imported physical copy, and I must say I'm glad I did so. Thanks for the info guys! I'll consider getting Fire Emblem Awakening at a later date >;o

Reactions: olshrimpeyes

olshrimpeyes

Your question is bad and you should feel bad
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I actually decided to get Fire Emblem IF via Nintendo eShop since I didn't want to wait for an imported physical copy, and I must say I'm glad I did so. Thanks for the info guys! I'll consider getting Fire Emblem Awakening at a later date >;o

They are all great games! I imported the special edition, but... my japanese is pretty weak so i'm having a hard time with it! So now I'm patiently awaiting the Fates localization!

Reactions: Ubuntuの刀

Redhorse

Warehouse 13 Curator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good Luck finding ANYWHERE that has not already SOLD OUT (Gamestop, Best Buy, Walmart etc...) of the Special Edition Pre-order, well except Ebay, the lowest is being SCALPED at $150 + USD. that's twice the price N is asking for it.
And if you DO find somewhere; Let me know, please.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end