Hardware Fire Emblem N3DSXL firmware?

Shadx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Fire Emblem N3DSXL gets released on February 19. Any idea what firmware would be on there? Definitely 10.4? Is it worth getting?

Zlyphor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Most likely 10.3. It takes time to assemble the N3DSXL so it's unlikely it will be 10.4 but you never know.
As for if it's worth getting. That's up to you. If you're a fan of Fire Emblem and were already looking to buy a N3DSXL then I'd say go for it.

Reactions: Shadx

HyeVltg3

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for making the topic, googled that exact think....AFTER I hit Pre-Order and realized, oh crap what if I cant cfw it.

Unless I'm worrying for nothing, mostly only finding people dowgrading from 10.3 and keep seeing people bricking...should I be scared or are the people sharing their bricked n3ds a small percentage of everyone else that downgraded successfully...?

Shadx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for making the topic, googled that exact think....AFTER I hit Pre-Order and realized, oh crap what if I cant cfw it.

Unless I'm worrying for nothing, mostly only finding people dowgrading from 10.3 and keep seeing people bricking...should I be scared or are the people sharing their bricked n3ds a small percentage of everyone else that downgraded successfully...?
I wouldn't worry. I downgraded a few so far from 10.3 all successfully. The safe sysupdater checks to make sure you have the correct files before you downgrade anyways. I haven't tried since the new updates. If you really want the Fire Emblem console don't let the risk of not being able to put cfw dissuade you. Eventually, someone will release a solution. If not, just know you have a desired console that you can still sell for profit ^_^

HyeVltg3

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wouldn't worry. I downgraded a few so far from 10.3 all successfully. The safe sysupdater checks to make sure you have the correct files before you downgrade anyways. I haven't tried since the new updates. If you really want the Fire Emblem console don't let the risk of not being able to put cfw dissuade you. Eventually, someone will release a solution. If not, just know you have a desired console that you can still sell for profit ^_^
Yes very true, it was just that I'm upgrading from O3DS to N3DS, kept seeing reasons to support the upgrade and reasons that made the upgrade moot...but then I saw the FEF Edition it just screamed "Pre-order me now or be stuck with crappy Black and Red N3DS variants", so I listened to the voice.

Just saw the Hyrule Edition, $400(in Canada) (283.50 usd) ... I can see what you mean by profit if FEF Ed does come with 10.4+ pre-loaded, I can either hold on to it till it becomes cfw-able or a collector's item.

Sad/Side Note: I did not realize the FEF Edition doesnt come with FEF the game! D= so the price is just White N3DS w/ FEF Case pre-installed.

Shadx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes very true, it was just that I'm upgrading from O3DS to N3DS, kept seeing reasons to support the upgrade and reasons that made the upgrade moot...but then I saw the FEF Edition it just screamed "Pre-order me now or be stuck with crappy Black and Red N3DS variants", so I listened to the voice.

Just saw the Hyrule Edition, $400(in Canada) (283.50 usd) ... I can see what you mean by profit if FEF Ed does come with 10.4+ pre-loaded, I can either hold on to it till it becomes cfw-able or a collector's item.

Sad/Side Note: I did not realize the FEF Edition doesnt come with FEF the game! D= so the price is just White N3DS w/ FEF Case pre-installed.
I hear ya. Some Hyrules included the game, others didn't. FEF still looks very nice, especially compared to the Pokemon Ed. Maybe you'll get lucky and it will be on 10.3 already. Really though don't worry much. There will be solutions.

ayanekochan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

wouldn't that be the deal of the century if it came with all 3 paths xD...

the white interior is really pretty though, I'd get one if I didn't get my jp n3ds way back in aug for those colored buttons.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Special edition systems usually have a firmware that's about 3 months old.
Chinese manufacturing isn't instantaneous.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Most likely 10.3. It takes time to assemble the N3DSXL so it's unlikely it will be 10.4 but you never know.
As for if it's worth getting. That's up to you. If you're a fan of Fire Emblem and were already looking to buy a N3DSXL then I'd say go for it.
There is 0% chance it will be 10.4.
10.3 was current as of 10 days ago lol.

It amazes me people still think the turnaround times for electronics are about the same as fresh produce.

HyeVltg3

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok my bad in assuming that, I do not know when every single update came out. I just recently got back into Portable gaming, been a PC and Console gamer for a long while now. I got my 3DS way back I think Aug.2012, only updated/played it till 4.3U and put it away as I became a PC and Console gamer.
Various reasons had be pulling out my 3DS and Vita past weekend, noticed that Hacking scene had grown for the 3DS (havent checked Vita, dont really want to hack/risk PSN) so now Im rocking a O3DS 9.2 w/ EmuNand 10.5 all of a sudden, barely gotten my feet wet when I realized I maybe want the N3DS since we are "kind of" starting fresh with Nintendo.
Alls I know is people are soft bricking downgrading from 10.3, havent heard any bad news for <10.3, didnt even know 10.3 just came out 10 days ago...makes me wonder why 10.4 so fast, I know 10.5 is to resolve the SD corruption issues 10.4 brought, so....yup that should justify why I'm "scared" the FEF Edition N3DS I just paid lots of molas for is going to end up just sitting there as my main goal is to use cfw.

Slight bit-o irony with zoogie's sig haha.

But great news if this special edition is manufactured just like past special editions and Nintendo doesnt step in to make sure it ships with 10.4+ (or was it 10.3 that patched the kernel exploit). >.< I have my reasons to worry.

Last edited by HyeVltg3,

HyeVltg3

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just bumping this, for anyone that did grab the FFE N3DSXL. can you please just post the Firmware the system shipped with.
Thank you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: