ROM Hack Fire Emblem Fates ROM Hacking Issue (HANS)

HD PIZZAS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think I'm posting this in the right place, so if I'm not just let me know.

Earlier today I finally got Homebrew on my New 3DS because of browserhax. I attempted to ROM hack through HANS, but I ran into the issue where it freezes whenever I try and load it. It doesn't load through HANS whether the .romfs file is applied or not. All of other games (SSB4, Pokemon AS) all load through HANS without an issue. My FE Fates is a downloaded copy, and all my other digital copy games and cartridges work. I included a picture to show where it freezes (it freezes there every time I try it)
I appreciate any help I can get. :)

http://imgur.com/a/AiiTT

(Side Note: The picture of the 3DS is the best pic I ever took!)

MsMidnight

part time fe modder
Trophies
Website
camilla.hostfree.pw
XP
Country
I think I'm posting this in the right place, so if I'm not just let me know.

Earlier today I finally got Homebrew on my New 3DS because of browserhax. I attempted to ROM hack through HANS, but I ran into the issue where it freezes whenever I try and load it. It doesn't load through HANS whether the .romfs file is applied or not. All of other games (SSB4, Pokemon AS) all load through HANS without an issue. My FE Fates is a downloaded copy, and all my other digital copy games and cartridges work. I included a picture to show where it freezes (it freezes there every time I try it)
I appreciate any help I can get. :)

http://imgur.com/a/AiiTT

(Side Note: The picture of the 3DS is the best pic I ever took!)
Are you loading a romfs ? Maybe it's corrupt

HD PIZZAS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I personally use LayeredFS as it's smaller than a romfs. Also you don't need to dump because you can get a .cia or .3ds from the ISO site and extract it
To my knowledge (I'm new at 3DS homebrew so correct me if I'm wrong) I can't get stuff like that because I'm running 11.0.0-33U. But I'm not too sure

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To my knowledge (I'm new at 3DS homebrew so correct me if I'm wrong) I can't get stuff like that because I'm running 11.0.0-33U. But I'm not too sure
That's true. But you can still download the CIA/.3DS file and extract the files frim that.

HD PIZZAS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's true. But you can still download the CIA/.3DS file and extract the files frim that.
I would like to try that, but I don't think the issue I am having with HANS is related to that. Even if I don't apply .romfs file it still won't run

ValiantChan

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Some newer digital games don't work with HANS, and Fates is one of them. I think this fixes it, but I don't use HANS so I can't vouch for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr