ROM Hack Fire Emblem: Fates - Revelation Unit Buff patch

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
After a long time in the making and testing, here it is!

A patch that shows some love to the not so great units in Revelation that in some way or another require too much effort to be worth using, or are just plain flat out bad (Hello Odin!).

tumblr_inline_o7wmbh0Dmj1u0fe1d_400.png

Most of the changes can now be seen here!

JZ6adfi.png

1MX7H6G.png

f0b5HDY.png

8c4ORZK.png

This has since been updated to no longer make any changes to GameData, this means that this should now be compatible with almost every other hack!

The changes are also now 100% self contained and in should no way, shape or form affect other routes like the very first version.

With that said, not every change can be seen in the photo album, there's also a few hidden surprises!

To play, just select Branch of Fate and select the 3rd option! (You can also just start from chapter 1 if you so desire, but this is not necessary.)

Without further ado, have fun!
tumblr_inline_o7wmkfkxhY1u0fe1d_540.png

However, if you have already reached endgame, then I have good news for you!

Since Chapter 28 was very lacking in difficulty, I have decided to add in 2 more deploy slots (to tie in with the amount of 27) and also gave some love to the boss battle, just a small advice, there are 16 Deploy slots, you’ll need to fill every single one of them, Oh, and Bring at least 3 staff users with Rescue, you’ll need it :3

Without Further ado, the download link is here, this is for both EUR and USA SE, for USA NON SE Copies, sadly we still can't use NTR or HANS to patch DLC assets unless you patch the DLC itself before installing, for HANS, just go the usual way of rebuilding your romfs, as for NTR CFW, just drag’n drop the files appropriate to your game version.

Special Thanks to @unassumingvenusaur for being my guinea pig!

If you find any bugs or strange events that you think shouldn’t be happening, be sure to report them so they can be amended!

And with that, have fun!

(Note: If you find any bugs/crashes, please report them!)

Last edited by DeathChaos,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You said on reddit/tumblr (can't remember which) that this patch wouldn't work with Revelation bought as DLC. Would this work with the .cia of the US/EU SE or just the actual cart since it comes with Revelation unlike the Japanese SE?

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
You said on reddit/tumblr (can't remember which) that this patch wouldn't work with Revelation bought as DLC. Would this work with the .cia of the US/EU SE or just the actual cart since it comes with Revelation unlike the Japanese SE?
Well, if the .cia has all the Revelation content already installed (which it should if it's the cia of the SE) then it should work just fine, since unlike the Japanese SE all the Revelation content is already on the romfs.

Doomsy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If we play this on hard, will the last boss be just as hard as lunatic or did you edit Lunatic specifically?

Doomsy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Different question. I'm a little confused on if I installed something incorrectly, but when I leveled up Rinkah on chapter 4, her text was "...!" and she didn't have a voice clip. Is this normal, or is this something I messed up with the patch? I applied your Kana patch and this revelation patch to a same-sex gamedata.bin.

Edit: and on chapter 5 the only thing she comes with is an HP Tonic (she was holding a vulnerary, her axe, and a goddess icon in chapter 4). ._.

Last edited by Doomsy,

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Different question. I'm a little confused on if I installed something incorrectly, but when I leveled up Rinkah on chapter 4, her text was "...!" and she didn't have a voice clip. Is this normal, or is this something I messed up with the patch? I applied your Kana patch and this revelation patch to a same-sex gamedata.bin.

Edit: and on chapter 5 the only thing she comes with is an HP Tonic (she was holding a vulnerary, her axe, and a goddess icon in chapter 4). ._.
You should look at her lv on chapter 5, that should answer a few questions.

Doomsy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should look at her lv on chapter 5, that should answer a few questions.

Does she come back with the goddess icon? I saw the level and I figured that'd explain the axe being gone, but idk what to do about the healing item (which honestly isn't that big of a deal) and the goddess icon.

The Iron Rose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgive me for bumping such a long dead topic, but I'm having a bit of an issue when combining this hack and the gay fates hack. When I combine the two and patch the gamedata.bin.lz via lunarIPS, every time I launch the game I get a crash and restart. I'm using NTR on a9lh on 11.1.

Any advice? Or are the two simply incompatible right now? I imagine due to the IPS patch writing to areas which have been repointed in gamedata.bin.lz.

guedesbrawl

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Nice job! I'm currently "working" on a balance patch for Birthright (as in, jotting down ideas because i have ZERO skills with hacking) and I appreciate you doing this for these characters!

The one thing i dislike is the units that already come promoted. I dunno if you are able to change enemy inventories, but i frankly would just leave the 5 promoted people as level 19 Base class, and work master seals and relevant drops near where they spawn. Odin, for example, makes a much better Dark Knight than Sorceror in my opinion, and since Hinoka's magic isn't that good i just go kinshi so that she can ACTUALLY kill mages on a counterattack (ok, with dual yumi, but still). All that, and i also disliked Nyx starting with Robin's primer isntead of a normal tome--it just bugs me.

I haven't played REV just yet, so i dunno if changing those things is feasible. most likely others wouldn't care much tho. Good job either way!

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
So, after a long time, I decided to update this!

The main post was also completely updated to match the new update!

So I'd suggest reading through it again, most notably, this hack no longer uses a GameData.bin file, and all changes are now 100% self contained to Revelation and should no longer bleed onto other routes (like previous Rinkah), this also means that you can no just do a Branch of Fate and play this hack!

There's also a few small undocumented surprises here and there!

Thalant

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi!
Does this hack change the growths of the units as well, or just the bases? Cause otherwise Rinkah might still suck :P

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to use this on a region free special edition CIA?
1. Update Luma to v7.0 or higher, enable "Enable game patching" in your Luma settings.
2. Download the zip in the first post and make this folder path: SD:/luma/titles/TITLEID/romfs.
3. Then navigate to (I'm assuming you're using the US SE despite it being region free) NTR CFW Version/USA Special Edition/fefatesSE.
4. Copy the GameData and Scripts folders to your romfs folder.
5. Start the game.

Replace TITLEID with the Special Edition's title ID.

Reactions: GermanTacos

GermanTacos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Update Luma to v7.0 or higher, enable "Enable game patching" in your Luma settings.
2. Download the zip in the first post and make this folder path: SD:/luma/titles/TITLEID/romfs.
3. Then navigate to (I'm assuming you're using the US SE despite it being region free) NTR CFW Version/USA Special Edition/fefatesSE.
4. Copy the GameData and Scripts folders to your romfs folder.
5. Start the game.

Replace TITLEID with the Special Edition's title ID.
You the real MVP.

Reactions: KunoichiZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.