Fire Emblem Fates: Felicia and Jakob Join Order Switch

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by UnassumingVenusaur, May 17, 2016.

1. UnassumingVenusaur
    OP

UnassumingVenusaur In All Her Gay Glory

Nov 20, 2015
    United States
    top_0012.png top_0014.png top_0020.png top_0026.png top_0016.png
    Here's a simple patch which switches the join order of Felicia and Jakob. That way, you can get Felicia first as F!Corrin and Jakob as M!Corrin, either for strategy or just to spice things up. If I happened to miss switching them in any scenes feel free to point it out, though I'm fairly sure I got everything.

And yes, this is compatible with my gay Fates hack, and is installed in much the same way. You certainly don't have to have that patch installed to use this one, though.

Changelog

Last edited by UnassumingVenusaur, May 27, 2016

2. Olmectron

Olmectron GBAtemp Addict

Dec 31, 2012
    Mexico
    A game
    UnassumingVenusaur likes this.
  3. UnassumingVenusaur
    OP

Nov 20, 2015
    United States
    Olmectron likes this.
  4. foreveryang

foreveryang GBAtemp Fan

Oct 8, 2015
    United States
    thank god i dont really like jakob so im happy i can have felicia instead :D

5. Katsu78

Katsu78 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2016
    United States
    I didn't know I wanted this. Thanks!

6. Katsu78

Katsu78 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2016
    United States
    Reporting a bug:

[​IMG]

I'm pretty sure this isn't supposed to happen, lol. Also this is just an oddity, but when going to My Castle Jakob isn't the default attendant, I have to set it to be him.

7. UnassumingVenusaur
    OP

Nov 20, 2015
    United States
    Huh. I could've sworn I'd fixed that. And yeah I don't know how to fix the default attendant problem.

8. UnassumingVenusaur
    OP

Nov 20, 2015
    United States
    @Katsu78 Alright, fixed that, there was one byte I'd forgotten to paste.

9. alpselon

alpselon Member

Newcomer
    May 6, 2016
    United States
    Hi! really like this patch! one thing i noticed was that in Paralogue 1 it's still Jakob in the cutscene when using F!Corrin.

10. UnassumingVenusaur
    OP

Nov 20, 2015
    United States
    Ah, okay! I'll get on fixing that, forgot he appeared there.

11. UnassumingVenusaur
    OP

Nov 20, 2015
    United States
    @alpselon Done, that was a pretty quick fix thankfully. Tell me if you run into any more I've neglected to do!

12. missy06

missy06 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2016
    Canada
    This might be a stupid question, but is this for HANS or NTR CFW? And does this work on the NA special edition?

13. Dylan the Tactician

Dylan the Tactician GBAtemp Regular

Jan 12, 2016
    United States
    Denied
    KICKASS! NOW I DON'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH A MAGICAL MAID THAT DOESN'T START WITH ANY MAGIC WEAPONS! THANK YOU, VERY MUCH.

14. guedesbrawl

guedesbrawl GBAtemp Regular

Sep 6, 2010
    Brazil
    She makes up for that via Demoiselle and her high res. And also doesn't start lagging behind everyone in the lategame.

Maybe this will be useful if i do a F!Corrin run, so i'll keep it in mind.

...um, I one time wondered how well would the games play with your units switched around. Like, screw story or cutscenes, just gameplay. Would it be possible to accomplish this switch? For example, having Xander joining in Birthright 14 instead of Ryoma? No enemies/ally changes, tho....

15. UnassumingVenusaur
    OP

Nov 20, 2015
    United States
    Yeah, you could have Xander join instead of Ryoma.

16. Prince who brought sleep

Prince who brought sleep Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2016
    Netherlands
    Despite having the hack installed, in the first chapter, despite using Jakob, it still has Felicia's dialogue, and Kamui still says Felicia... Did I do something wrong? I have the EU version, btw.
    Also, does this only work on the copy you have a cartridge of? Say, I got birthright cartridge and Conquest download, does the hack not work then?

17. UnassumingVenusaur
    OP

Nov 20, 2015
    United States
    Take the contents of the download pack's m/@E folder and paste them into your game's m/@U on euro versions. If you bought birthright and downloaded conquest, it'll work 100% fine in Birthright, and you should still have Jakob be the one recruited in Chapter 6, but any cutscenes in the Conquest-unique (or revelation-unique for that matter) for Ch 6 or later will still have Felicia, because it's reading from the DLC there.

18. geddanof

geddanof Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2016
    Otoko no Ko
    Japanese Fire Emblem If player here!

I can confirm this mod DO seem to work in the Japanese version, though there are some extra steps involved:

- You will need to move out the content of "@E" folders (3 of them) within the "m" folder of the patch (basically all the files within "@E" folders need to on the same level as the folder they originally are in). Finally, delete the empty "@E" folders.
    - In order to make the Revelations story scene dialogues play out correctly; you need to manually extract your Fire Emblem If DLC (with IK), replace the " m > C " folder yourself & then rebuild the DLC. Luckily, I have done a similar process before, and I have documented my steps here.

Beware that a side effect of installing this mod is that the early levels that are Felicia-Jakob-swappable will have the localized script.

Good job, OP!

Last edited by geddanof, Feb 8, 2017
    Akrosmex and KunoichiZ like this.
  19. fretful

fretful Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2016
    United States
    I tried to paste the files into the gay fates NTR plugin folder. It asked if I wanted to replace join.bin.lz. I did that. I got Felicia as F-Corrin, but all of the dialogs are still Jakob.

It would be nice to have a version of this combined with gay + paralogues for NTR. I cannot use hans, and now I have a game that's kinda broken. :(

Last edited by fretful, Dec 20, 2016
  20. fretful

fretful Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2016
    United States
    Just noticed the post about the conquest dlc being what messes it up. carry on.

Also, thank you UnassumingVenasaur for everything you do!