ROM Hack Fire Emblem Fates Expanded Same-Sex Marriage Patch [WIP]

Akio-Lord7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hi UnassumingVenusaur, I'm a big fan of your work with the same-sex marriage patches expanded from Awakening and Fates, however my first language is Spanish, a few months ago I started to translate your Fates patch for personal use, it's going well for that reason I wanted to ask your permission to publish it in a forum in Spanish, what do you think? I will make it clear that the translation has nothing to do with you and your work group and also the original patch would be needed to install it. I await your response, whatever it is I will understand.

I wrote this message with the help of Google Translator.

Reactions: NohrNoble-Soleil

Fishmalk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

3dspirate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i followed everything in the video exactly as it says, but i keep getting a "invalid path" error that just leads to a black screen with specks off to the side whenever i try to load the rom.

what am i doing wrong here?

Fishmalk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i followed everything in the video exactly as it says, but i keep getting a "invalid path" error that just leads to a black screen with specks off to the side whenever i try to load the rom.

what am i doing wrong here?
Read your post again, and ask yourself: did you really give anyone willing to help you the information they would need to identify what you did wrong and what you need to do differently?

AnshiAneko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Hi. So, uhm... finished the game and when the ending cards started to roll right after the first lesbian pair the game crashed. Without saving of course. Any idea if I can do something about it?

blarg1111

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason, Paralogue 6 doesn't show up when I have the all Paralogue patch applied.

All the others are there, though.

Marrying Kaze to Silas failed to unlock it, which I kind of expected. Reloading a save from before that and marrying Kaze to Rinkah also failed to unlock the paralogue, however, and that's kinda weird.

Edit: Actually, it seems like Paralogue 6 has just been removed from my game entirely, somehow?? Starting from branch of fates (even without the mod installed): immediately after chapter 7 of birthright, marrying Kaze to any character results in nothing.
Other children seem to work fine. On a file where Kaze/Orochi failed to unlock P6, a pairing of Silas/Hana worked perfectly fine, playing the deeprealms cutscene and unlocking P5.

Last edited by blarg1111,

ValiantChan

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
For some reason, Paralogue 6 doesn't show up when I have the all Paralogue patch applied.

All the others are there, though.

Marrying Kaze to Silas failed to unlock it, which I kind of expected. Reloading a save from before that and marrying Kaze to Rinkah also failed to unlock the paralogue, however, and that's kinda weird.

Edit: Actually, it seems like Paralogue 6 has just been removed from my game entirely, somehow?? Starting from branch of fates (even without the mod installed): immediately after chapter 7 of birthright, marrying Kaze to any character results in nothing.
Other children seem to work fine. On a file where Kaze/Orochi failed to unlock P6, a pairing of Silas/Hana worked perfectly fine, playing the deeprealms cutscene and unlocking P5.

On Birthright, Paralogue 6 won't unlock until after a certain main story chapter.

Reactions: blarg1111

SirFunkalo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having some difficulties with getting children from same-sex marriages. Specifically, I'm using the Luma version and trying to get Forrest and Kiragi from a Leo/Takumi S-support. I think I'm following the guide, but I do have a couple of questions about terms I don't recognize (this hack is my first foray into rom hacking):

1. What do you mean by "dumping the romfs using braindump and extracting the files"? I don't remember using braindump for anything.
2. What do you mean by "rebuild your romfs?" How does one "rebuild" the files?
3. For all versions of the game, does the first byte of the code need to be the number 13, or are we meant to replace it with the first byte of your original version of the code?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sorry for two replies in a row, but I've also encountered an issue where support convos won't show up, and I'll only receive a notification that the two characters ranked up. Off the top of my head I remember Hayato-Subaki and Gunter-Azura receiving this treatment. I'm not sure if they're supposed to have convos or if that's just a placeholder.

blarg1111

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to jump in and say I absolutely love the parent/child supports between M!Kana and Rhajat. It's so cute that he calls her "Rhama," omg

WillowLazuli

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey, I made an account specifically to respond to this thread :') First of all, thank you for making this, it was needed. The same gender options the game gives you were laughable..
I applied the patch to Fates Special Edition (EU region) a while ago thru Luma game patching and it worked wonderfully - recently i had issues with my SD card tho so I reformatted it after backing it up and restored it from the backup.
This seems to have unapplied the patch /specifically only from fates/, though - the Awakening patch is still working fine. This has also unmarried my female Corrin from her perfect tank wife Scarlet, which is really frustrating since I have built up their relationship quite a bit.. any idea on how this could happen and how to fix it?
Luma is updated to the newest version, game patching is turned on and the patch is still in its proper place.. I'm stumped

Last edited by WillowLazuli,

SirFunkalo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Nirmonculus Here are the character block offsets for all the characters you asked for, plus some more. Change the byte at the address. Remember, 00 means male, and 01 means female. You need one "male" and one "female" character in an s rank to initially unlock the child. You can change it back after it's recruited.

Anna: 0x3818

Arthur: 0x1f28

Asugi: 0x2fc8

Azama: 0x1770

Azura: 0x1348

Benny: 0x2518

Beruka: 0x2350

Caeldori: 0x3228

Camilla: 0x2220

Charlotte: 0x25b0

Dwyer: 0x2cd0

Effie: 0x1fc0

Elise: 0x1e90

Felicia: 0x1050

Flora: 0x29d8

Forrest: 0x33f0

Fuga: 0x28a8

Gunter: 0xfb8

Hana: 0x13e0

Hayato: 0x18a0

Hinata: 0x19d0

Hinoka: 0x16d8

Hisame: 0x30f8

Ignatius: 0x3488

Ike: 0xa2f8

Izana: 0x2810

Jakob: 0x10e8

Kaden: 0x1c30

Kagero: 0x1b00

Kaze: 0x1218

Keaton: 0x26e0

Kiragi: 0x2f30

Laslow: 0x23e8

Leo: 0x2648

Lucina: 0xa390

Marth: 0xa260

Midori: 0x2e00

Mitama: 0x3190

Mozu: 0x2a70

Niles: 0x20f0

Nina: 0x3780

Nyx: 0x2188

Oboro: 0x1938

Odin: 0x2058

Ophelia: 0x3650

Orochi: 0x1640

Percy: 0x35b8

Peri: 0x2480

Reina: 0x1b98

Rhajat: 0x32c0

Rinkah: 0x1180

Robin: 0xa428

Ryoma: 0x11c8

Saizo: 0x15a8

Sakura: 0x12b0

Scarlet: 0x1d60

Selena: 0x22b8

Selkie: 0x3060

Setsuna: 0x1808

Shigure: 0x2c38

Shiro: 0x2e98

Shura: 0x1df8

Siegbert: 0x3358

Silas: 0x1510

Soleil: 0x36e8

Sophie: 0x2d68

Subaki: 0x1478

Takumi: 0x1a68

Velouria: 0x3520

Xander: 0x2778

Yukimura: 0x2940

When I went to change Leo's gender, I found a 28 instead of a 00 at his offset.

EDIT: Okay, apparently I'm incompetent, so I'm just going to lay out the issues I'm having with getting the kids and hope there are still people watching this thread who know how to fix this. If this is the wrong place to ask, I'd appreciate being pointed to the right place.

1. I'm using Luma to apply this hack, so I've never needed to use Braindump. I have no idea how to "rebuild" or "extract" romfs, because I just needed to paste them into a folder.
2. batchlz says that the GameData.bin.lz file is already decompressed, so it won't compress. If I compress and then decompress, some extra code gets stuck at the beginning (5 bytes, to be exact).
3. Less important, but I still can't find Leo's offset. Guess I'll be using Takumi instead.
4. As I've said, recompressing adds extra bytes, and I don't know what to do with that. Also I'm unsure of why I need to repeatedly decompress and recompress the file

Clearly I'm doing something wrong, because there are no paralogues unlocked after Leo and Takumi reach S-rank. I'm just not sure what is going wrong and how to fix it.

Last edited by SirFunkalo,

Koitsune

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey, I did the exact same thing that I did to install the awakening hack here but for some reason the fates one isnt working
Idk what could have caused this, the only thing that comes to my mind is that my awakening is a game that I bought and downloaded from eshop, while fates is a CIA that I downloaded and then installed through FBI
im using luma btw

ValiantChan

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Hey, I did the exact same thing that I did to install the awakening hack here but for some reason the fates one isnt working
Idk what could have caused this, the only thing that comes to my mind is that my awakening is a game that I bought and downloaded from eshop, while fates is a CIA that I downloaded and then installed through FBI
im using luma btw
Double check your game version and the title id you used for the hack. You might be, for example, using the EU title id when you actually have an American CIA, or the special edition title id when your game is Conquest plus DLC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1