ROM Hack Fire Emblem Fates Expanded Same-Sex Marriage Patch [WIP]

Nirmonculus

Trophies
XP
Country
Check the file names. They might have gotten corrupted by whatever you used to extract the files, which will cause the new convos to not show up.
Most probably.. how do I extract it properly? I only have winrar and 7z... I'm using the ntr version.

Umm can someone send me a non-compressed one? So that I won't have to mess it up when I decompress it... Thanks!!!

Last edited by Nirmonculus,

Puppenspieler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
First of all - this is really, really amazing! The patch is so much fun! I love playing it!*^* ♥

And secondly - I have some questions. I started playing around with adding my own custom support convos (since there's so much wasted potential in those generic mother-child-supports) and I would really like to make a bigger project out of this playing around.
So. My questions are:
1.) Dear UnassumingVenusaur, is it allright if I use your patch as a base for adding them? As far as I understand from all I read if I tried to start from scatch I would need to add all those support options in the first place via... I don't even really understand what exactly. Point is - I couldn't, so I'd really appreciate if I were allowed to use this.
2.) If I am allowed to use it - would it be possible to also get the permission to translate those wonderful support convos you and the others wrote? For the record, they would be translated into German.
3.) Is it possible to add support convos for all existing support options that as of now don't have them? (Like Shura/Saizo and... all the others.) Or, I don't know, are there things I should be aware of? Like when you first needed to make space to add the new support options in the Awakening patch? Do I need to make space for those Supports or does it work either way? So far I tried adding Shura/Saizo support convos and it worked without problems, but yeah. Better be safe than crashing the game in the end...

That's all. And unfortunately I'm too stupid to tag another user if that's even possible, so yeah. I'm sorry, really!

Reactions: Clouded Sun

Clouded Sun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all - this is really, really amazing! The patch is so much fun! I love playing it!*^* ♥

And secondly - I have some questions. I started playing around with adding my own custom support convos (since there's so much wasted potential in those generic mother-child-supports) and I would really like to make a bigger project out of this playing around.
So. My questions are:
1.) Dear UnassumingVenusaur, is it allright if I use your patch as a base for adding them? As far as I understand from all I read if I tried to start from scatch I would need to add all those support options in the first place via... I don't even really understand what exactly. Point is - I couldn't, so I'd really appreciate if I were allowed to use this.
2.) If I am allowed to use it - would it be possible to also get the permission to translate those wonderful support convos you and the others wrote? For the record, they would be translated into German.
3.) Is it possible to add support convos for all existing support options that as of now don't have them? (Like Shura/Saizo and... all the others.) Or, I don't know, are there things I should be aware of? Like when you first needed to make space to add the new support options in the Awakening patch? Do I need to make space for those Supports or does it work either way? So far I tried adding Shura/Saizo support convos and it worked without problems, but yeah. Better be safe than crashing the game in the end...

That's all. And unfortunately I'm too stupid to tag another user if that's even possible, so yeah. I'm sorry, really!
It would be awesome to see this happen. There were a bunch of supports I wish had some convos (especially child-child like Caeldori/Rhajat, which I paired together in Birthright).

Jalathas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as adding goes, the project accepts submissions of new content. In fact, there's a large backlog of completed convos waiting to be coded and put into the patch. (Though if you're writing in German, I suppose that could be an issue in terms of implementing them in the English version.)

UnassumingVenusaur

In All Her Gay Glory
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
top_0233.png
top_0018.png
top_0099.png
top_0062.png
top_0040.png
top_0058.png
top_0000.png

Here's another update for the Gay Fates Hack! Version 0.5.0. I decided to bump up a version number because this update adds in a massive number of support options, most intended to add in A+ supports b/w some first and second gen units to make up for the loss the hack originally created. Hope this in alright solution!

• Dialogue tweaked to accommodate same-sex couples in:
      • Silas/Sophie Parent/Child
      • Paralogue 18
    • Added.......a fuckton of support options (100+), largely for the purpose of giving characters A+ supports again--this time between the first and second generation.
    • Added Support Conversations for:
• M!Corrin x Izana S
• Beruka x Reina C-S
• Ryoma x Scarlet C-S
• Midori/Anna C-A
• Elise/Shura C-A
• Felicia x Scarlet C-S
• Shura x Keaton C-S
• M!Corrin x Asugi S
• F!Corrin x Anna S
• Subaki x Azama S
• Caeldori x Mitama S
• Soleil x Nina S
• Felicia x Hana S
• Subaki x Hinata S
• Rhajat x Caeldori S
• Effie x Mozu S
• Rhajat x Mitama S
• Sophie x Velouria S
• Arthur x Benny S
• Asugi x Dwyer S
• Nina x F!Corrin S
• Shigure x M!Corrin S

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's another update for the Gay Fates Hack! Version 0.5.0. I decided to bump up a version number because this update adds in a massive number of support options, most intended to add in A+ supports b/w some first and second gen units to make up for the loss the hack originally created. Hope this in alright solution!

• Dialogue tweaked to accommodate same-sex couples in:
      • Silas/Sophie Parent/Child
      • Paralogue 18
    • Added.......a fuckton of support options (100+), largely for the purpose of giving characters A+ supports again--this time between the first and second generation.
    • Added Support Conversations for:
• M!Corrin x Izana S
• Beruka x Reina C-S
• Ryoma x Scarlet C-S
• Midori/Anna C-A
• Elise/Shura C-A
• Felicia x Scarlet C-S
• Shura x Keaton C-S
• M!Corrin x Asugi S
• F!Corrin x Anna S
• Subaki x Azama S
• Caeldori x Mitama S
• Soleil x Nina S
• Felicia x Hana S
• Subaki x Hinata S
• Rhajat x Caeldori S
• Effie x Mozu S
• Rhajat x Mitama S
• Sophie x Velouria S
• Arthur x Benny S
• Asugi x Dwyer S
• Nina x F!Corrin S
• Shigure x M!Corrin S
*sees Ryoma & Scarlet* *screams* *dies*

Ningyoplug

Trophies
Website
ningyo.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Italy
• Soleil x Nina S
• Subaki x Hinata S
• Rhajat x Mitama S
• Arthur x Benny S
• Shigure x M!Corrin S
*SCREAMS* BLESS YOU!!! Finally Tsubaki and Hinata support convo ;u; and Shigure! And the popular 2nd Gen lady ships~ also, Harold/Benoit sounds rly cute, I need to try that

littlecloverprince

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ik i need an SD card for this, but i have the new version of the 3DS and it only allows me to access the microSD through my pc and ive been searching it for hours and i can't find anything. help?

RBFloat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gotta love the updates!

Quick Question:
If I Re-do the romfs to get this new update, will it delete my non-extra data save files? It didn't delete the extra data save files when I first added this hack, but it deleted the non-extra data ones.

I'd really like to not lose one of my non-extra data save files. On it, I S-Ranked my Female MU with Flora, started my MU as a malig knight to get up to the trample skill, then switched to nohr noble for the last 5 levels (to get all malig/wyvern knight skills and Draconic Hex/Nohrian Trust). Flora is a Dark Knight. So, as a result, when either one is supporting the other, the lead unit is a god. Flora's skill is maxed out, she does 20 base damage with an iron sword, and she doubles every unit I have come across. My MU does 35ish damage with the Mjolnir tome (Not Forged) and has a 25ish percent chance to crit with every attack.

whitewolf8

Resident Lunatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ik i need an SD card for this, but i have the new version of the 3DS and it only allows me to access the microSD through my pc and ive been searching it for hours and i can't find anything. help?
Well if you have a micro SD adaptor of some form you could do what I do and unscrew and re-screw the back constantly to retrieve and replace the Micro SD. ...although don't be an idiot like me and break one of the screws off.

I'd really like to not lose one of my non-extra data save files. On it, I S-Ranked my Female MU with Flora, started my MU as a malig knight to get up to the trample skill, then switched to nohr noble for the last 5 levels (to get all malig/wyvern knight skills and Draconic Hex/Nohrian Trust). Flora is a Dark Knight. So, as a result, when either one is supporting the other, the lead unit is a god. Flora's skill is maxed out, she does 20 base damage with an iron sword, and she doubles every unit I have come across. My MU does 35ish damage with the Mjolnir tome (Not Forged) and has a 25ish percent chance to crit with every attack.
You could always use that save manager to backup your current extra saves, save your main files over those, and then backup again to be safe, a bit convoluted maybe, but being prepared is better than not. (The save manager's name currently escapes me and I'm super tired so I hope someone else can give the name of it)

Queen of SoS

Story of Seasons Queen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if you have a micro SD adaptor of some form you could do what I do and unscrew and re-screw the back constantly to retrieve and replace the Micro SD. ...although don't be an idiot like me and break one of the screws off.

You could always use that save manager to backup your current extra saves, save your main files over those, and then backup again to be safe, a bit convoluted maybe, but being prepared is better than not. (The save manager's name currently escapes me and I'm super tired so I hope someone else can give the name of it)
u mean jk's save manager

Ningyoplug

Trophies
Website
ningyo.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Italy
GUYS. I still need to test this, but I've had a pretty nice idea that could help everyone!!

This patch provides a gamedata.bin with the child paralogues already unlocked, BUT the only way to have the children recognized as siblings by the game is to manually hex edit, right? So I thought of something.
This method could help anyone who wants the kids (who are recognized as siblings) without having to save, turn off the 3ds, connect the SD to the computer, manually hex edit the gender of one of the parents, marry the charas, and then hex edit once again to turn it back to normal.
The idea is pretty simple, actually:
  1. Decide who you want to marry with who beforehand. You can use a marriage chart or something (just search "fates marriage chart" on google images).
  2. Make a copy of your Gamedata.bin file, and hex edit the gender of one of the parents for each couple you decided to marry later on with the method described here.
  3. Put the edited Gamedata.bin in your SD file but NOT in the correct directory. You can put it on the root of your SD or in some other folder.
  4. Install on your 3ds something like CTRXplorer, which is an app that lets you move around the files that are in your SD (as well as doing lots of other stuff, even hex edit files!).
  5. Just play your game normally. Once you get to the point that you need to marry some characters, open CTRXplorer and move the original Gamedata.bin to any other location, and move the EDITED Gamedata.bin in the correct location.
  6. Marry the characters you want to marry.
  7. Once you're done, just put the original Gamedata.bin back where it was, and the same goes for the edited Gamedata.bin.
This way, you won't even need to take out your SD everytime to hex edit. You can do everything directly from your 3ds.
As I said, I haven't tested this but I don't see why it wouldn't work. Let me know if it works! Tested myself and it definitely works!!

Last edited by Ningyoplug,

~Poke~

Trophies
XP
Country
So I've never played a Fire Emblem game before, but I've had my eye on this hack for a while and I think I'll play it soon.
One question though - what does the "all paralogues unlocked" gamedata mean? Should I play with that activated all the time, if I want them to have kids? Will it have other affects? I'd love to use it if it just makes the children work, but I don't know anything about this game, and if it actually unlocks *everything* in the game that would be pretty broken.

Proto-Bear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've never played a Fire Emblem game before, but I've had my eye on this hack for a while and I think I'll play it soon.
One question though - what does the "all paralogues unlocked" gamedata mean? Should I play with that activated all the time, if I want them to have kids? Will it have other affects? I'd love to use it if it just makes the children work, but I don't know anything about this game, and if it actually unlocks *everything* in the game that would be pretty broken.

It unlocks all the child characters' recruitment missions once you choose your game path. It allows you to get kids with parents in a same-sex relationship, but it also lets you recruit them without their parents getting married.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 👈 Always touching 🍆 +1