ROM Hack Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest Character Recruitment Swap

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
After learning how to create dynamic new blocks that mean we do not have to edit GameData, I now bring you, the Conquest recruitment swap!

What does this do?

Simple, you get Hoshidans while playing through Conquest!

tumblr_inline_oa4qhtLSfF1u0fe1d_400.png
tumblr_inline_oa4qin7usW1u0fe1d_400.png
tumblr_inline_oa4qiyMO6C1u0fe1d_400.png
tumblr_inline_oa4qj8irFv1u0fe1d_400.png
tumblr_inline_oa4qkuX2xx1u0fe1d_400.png
tumblr_inline_oa4qlgvlgU1u0fe1d_400.png
tumblr_inline_oa4ql55ngc1u0fe1d_400.png
tumblr_inline_oa4qmct4lV1u0fe1d_400.png

Here's an example video of chapter 10 recorded with NTR

Download HERE;

(This will most likely not work if Conquest was downloaded as DLC, feel free to try it though)

NOTE: This is NOT a story swap, it just swaps who you get with their Hoshidan counterpart, so some cutscenes will make no sense (or function properly), also note that for European versions, this was only done in English language, so on some other languages characters will have the incorrect portraits and voice clips during their join dialogue.

By default, Hoshidans cannot support in Conquest and Vice versa, I have included a GameData.bin file with the support lock patched out, but if you run another patch that patches this out and allows everyone to support on any route (Such as @UnassumingVenusaur Expanded Same Sex Marriage hack) then you don't need the GameData file provided with this patch.

Last edited by DeathChaos,

MsMidnight

part time fe modder
Trophies
Website
camilla.hostfree.pw
XP
Country
After learning how to create dynamic new blocks that mean we do not have to edit GameData, I now bring you, the Conquest recruitment swap!

What does this do?

Simple, you get Hoshidans while playing through Conquest!

tumblr_inline_oa4qhtLSfF1u0fe1d_400.png
tumblr_inline_oa4qin7usW1u0fe1d_400.png
tumblr_inline_oa4qiyMO6C1u0fe1d_400.png
tumblr_inline_oa4qj8irFv1u0fe1d_400.png
tumblr_inline_oa4qkuX2xx1u0fe1d_400.png
tumblr_inline_oa4qlgvlgU1u0fe1d_400.png
tumblr_inline_oa4ql55ngc1u0fe1d_400.png
tumblr_inline_oa4qmct4lV1u0fe1d_400.png

Download HERE;

(This will most likely not work if Conquest was downloaded as DLC, feel free to try it though)

NOTE: This is NOT a story swap, it just swaps who you get with their Hoshidan counterpart, so some cutscenes will make no sense (or function properly), also note that for European versions, this was only done in English language, so on some other languages characters will have the incorrect portraits and voice clips during their join dialogue.

By default, Hoshidans cannot support in Conquest and Vice versa, I have included a GameData.bin file with the support lock patched out, but if you run another patch that patches this out and allows everyone to support on any route (Such as @UnassumingVenusaur Expanded Same Sex Marriage hack) then you don't need the GameData file provided with this patch.
So is there documentation on this ?

MsMidnight

part time fe modder
Trophies
Website
camilla.hostfree.pw
XP
Country
Well I was thinking of completing Conquest on Lunatic. I wouldn't mind using Birthright characters instead of Conquest. I like to visit castles to gain easy skills.
Or use FEFTwiddler. Either way you shouldn't be using this online

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Because he can. :)
But its pointless if he just wants skills. Just use feftwiddler :/

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Nice! Any risk of getting shadowbanned?
Iunno, try it out and let me know :3

That said, all this does is basically give you characters from one route in another, their character blocks and data is completely untouched, so I don't think there should be any conflicts or cause for shadowbans, that said, I am not responsible for any bans caused by this.

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
To anyone who has downloaded this, redownload the files again!!!

There was a crash on the ending cutscene of chapter 11, this has been fixed and the files reuploaded, so pleas redownload and replace your old files!

guedesbrawl

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Awesome!

I have three questions:

1- What are the recruitment swaps for the people without retainers? like orochi and rinkah?

2- do you think these units can clear conquest on lunatic? If not, perhaps a change of bases and starting weapons could fix it?

3- Will there be a "nohrians defend hoshido against, uh, nohr? WTF" version as well?

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Awesome!

I have three questions:

1- What are the recruitment swaps for the people without retainers? like orochi and rinkah?

2- do you think these units can clear conquest on lunatic? If not, perhaps a change of bases and starting weapons could fix it?

3- Will there be a "nohrians defend hoshido against, uh, nohr? WTF" version as well?
1- Rinkah joins alongside Kaze, her stats should be the same as the ones from chapter 11 on normal, since that's the block I used for her to join you, Reina and Orochi swap for Charlotte and Benny, and Scarlett swaps for Gunter.

2 - No idea, I've only done BR and Rev in Lunatic, but not CQ.

3- I dunno, only time will tell.

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
To anyone who is using the GameData provided with this download, it has been updated so that Hoshidan kid paralogues can unlock now, just redownload to update.

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
To anyone who is using the GameData provided with this download, it has been updated so that Hoshidan kids can actually support now, also Scarlet's internal level was lowered from 20 to 15, hopefully she won't have too much trouble getting exp now.

guedesbrawl

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is there a tutorial to how to make this work? I am a complete newbie to 3ds hacking and have no idea of what to do... or how to undo it later on, as I want to play CQ!Lunatic in the original game one day.

Oh, another question: If i make this hack work in a file that already has conquest, it will wreck it, right?

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Is there a tutorial to how to make this work? I am a complete newbie to 3ds hacking and have no idea of what to do... or how to undo it later on, as I want to play CQ!Lunatic in the original game one day.

Oh, another question: If i make this hack work in a file that already has conquest, it will wreck it, right?
Nope, this file will work on an already running CQ file, however it will not swap or give you units that were already recruited, so if you already did 7 and recruited Effie, Arthur and Elise, this would mean you would keep them and be unable to get Sakura, Subaki and Hana.

If you already have access to homebrew you can follow this tutorial, the only outdated part is the one where it says to delete the first 0x100 bytes of romfs, that has no longer been necessary for a while.

Last edited by DeathChaos,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pump the chocolate into my veins