Hacking [Fire Emblem: Fates] Bond Units & Heart Seal Editing?

Flannoit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this is the wrong way to go about doing this, I don't really use gbatemp ever ^^;

I'm trying to figure out how to edit what a unit's Heart Seal class is, as well as figure out how to create bond units without access to online.

I have FEFTwiddler, but I don't really know how to hex edit, and I tried comparing FEFT's hexes over multiple characters to see where on earth Heart Seal could possibly be with absolutely no luck. The reason I want to do this is that I want a Wolfskin Corrin. Which is actually very easy to do! ...If you're far enough in to lift Corrin's ban on stone-type weapons. (Thanks, Azura!) So I want to try to edit it so Corrin's Heart Seal class is Wolfskin instead of, well, whatever it was previously set to. I'm going to keep playing around with the FEFT hex editor to see if I can't figure it out myself, but if anyone has any answers to this, I will be ecstatic.

As for bond units, I want to do a different kind of run, without the OP-ness of support tier buffs, since the buffs from high-rank support are DEFINITELY a bit overpowered at low and even mid-levels. Granted you'd still be able to get overpowered thanks to Nohrian Trust and Quixotic, but that's a little more involved than "hey i like you so i'm going to beef you up :)". Plus I wanted to do closer to a 3- or 4-man run using the protag (Wolfskin/Wolfssenger Corrin) and 2-3 support units. (Butler/Maid Bond-Corrin, Songstress Bond-Corrin, and maybe a dedicated skill shuttle to support real corrin with)

If anyone can tell me how to do either of these, I'll be very thankful! Preferably via FEFTwiddler if at all possible, as any hex editing I've seen is using an entirely different program and I don't know where to begin translating that into FEFT's as the tools for looking at decomped files makes the hex look different enough to where I don't know what to do anymore.

UPDATE: I FINALLY figured out how to do with with Heart Seals!

With FEFTwiddler, it's RawEndBlock Type 04, under Row/Column 10/0C.

Even tested in-game with a Chapter 6 Branch of Fate save and changing Corrin mid-mission to a Wolfskin - it works! Downside is for some reason beaststone got erased from Corrin's inventory on injection fsr, so I'll need to try to fix that and also prepare a work-around.

UPDATE 2: Further testing has been done.
Looks like Corrin's inventory is hardcoded to clear out ANY weaponry that it shouldn't have? I tried giving Corrin 2 beaststones an I've tried replacing the dragonstone with a beaststone, and the game still just up and deletes it for some reason. Seems like it'll only accept changes that give you consumable items, likely due to being given a few over the last 2 or 3 chapters. I don't think Azura and Felicia/Jakob's inventory are safely editable at all since Felicia/Jakob's inventories show as empty in Ch6 and Azura's weapon changes from Brass Naginata to Bronze Spear (for some reason) at least if you pick Revelations. Very odd.

At least this is easily worked around by injecting a Beaststone into the convoy.

Last edited by Flannoit,
Reactions: fantasyvn1190

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you doing @K3Nv2