ROM Hack Fire Emblem Fates Birthright - Banned streetpass?

def0rm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

I should have looked up the risks of using an NTR before hand but I didn't.

I downloaded a plugin and used it with my legitimate Birthright cart. I turned on the infinite moves cheat and the 100xp a a turn.

I already had 160 hours into the game so I felt I might level up some of my unused characters.

Problem is, now I don't get any street passes. I tried reverting my save (JKSM), uninstalling the game and all content every other little tweak I could find on the internet but no luck.

I put my game cart into my sons n3DS and the street passes work just fine (coming in from Spillpass2). But no matter what I do, they don' work on my n3DS. I get street passes on every other installed game but Fire Emblem.

Most obvious answer is that I'm shadow banned. Question is, anything I can do? Some articles said I could do a 'wipe all data' but I tried that and reloaded my saves with JKSM but no luck.

If I try and play online, my n3DS says 'waiting for participants'. Other sites have said you can't even access this menu if you are banned. Not sure if I can't get a match cause of the time of day, troop level or location.

I bought all the DLC yesterday so if I've buggered it after one day, damn.

cercity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Shadow bans in Fates effect the Save File itself, so you upload a different save file to one prior to the changes to get around it. You can tell if you're shadowbanned if no one can visit your castle or if you get disconnected immediately after going to the battle menu on PvP just after your opponments name comes up.

Australia is PAL region right? If you PM me your castle code I'll check to see if I can get to it.

def0rm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had the saves from the legit cart loaded and that's what I edited. I copied the cart saves back over the ones I edited when street pass stopped working. I don't think it's to do with saves. I read about a glitch with street-pass where it won't sync properly but I tried the fix where you wait 5 minutes and do a battle and no change. I can't PM yet, looks like I need 10 posts.

Last edited by def0rm,

cercity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got to your castle with no issues, the only think I noticed was the characters seemed from quite early in the game. Was that your main save file?

def0rm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got to your castle with no issues, the only think I noticed was the characters seemed from quite early in the game. Was that your main save file?
Yeah, I had been trying out an old save file to see if street pass would work on it. I've done an update data from my newer save file so it should now load later in the game one. I had a spotpass notification for Fire Emblem overnight and one streetpass but no visitor showed up. I can see it in my inbox though so it figure it was you visiting with the castle code.

def0rm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Succes! I deleted street pass from two games using the data management screen in the settings menu. After that, I added Fire Emblem and then the game I deleted so that Fire Emblem is now in the second slot and the other game is in the first slot.

I don't know why it works, but the street passes are coming in via SpillPass2 (10 this morning already).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse