Misc Fire Emblem Engage freezing upon loading Ryujinx save data transferred to Switch console

Koko210

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Edit: Solved, check my last reply.

Hello. I've been having this odd issue with the new Fire Emblem Engage, where upon loading up my perfectly fine save from Ryujinx onto my Switch and restoring it via either Checkpoint or JKSV, the game recognizes the save data properly within the save file selection screen, however it fails to load. It does not come up with the usual "Failed to load save data" message either, the spinning circle indicator on the "Loading save data..." screen simply stops spinning, leaving me with a frozen game.

There doesn't seem to be an issue with the game loading its own save data that is created on the console itself, I have double and triple checked Ryujinx to make sure the save data is loadable on it and I have transferred it over to my console multiple times as well, to be certain it was not a failed file transfer. All done on version 1.1 of the game too.

In general I like playing my Switch games on Ryujinx when at home and loading my save data onto the Switch when I need to travel. I am not certain what causes this issue. Would anyone have an idea what might be going wrong?

Last edited by Koko210,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I've been having this odd issue with the new Fire Emblem Engage, where upon loading up my perfectly fine save from Ryujinx onto my Switch and restoring it via either Checkpoint or JKSV, the game recognizes the save data properly within the save file selection screen, however it fails to load. It does not come up with the usual "Failed to load save data" message either, the spinning circle indicator on the "Loading save data..." screen simply stops spinning, leaving me with a frozen game.

There doesn't seem to be an issue with the game loading its own save data that is created on the console itself, I have double and triple checked Ryujinx to make sure the save data is loadable on it and I have transferred it over to my console multiple times as well, to be certain it was not a failed file transfer. All done on version 1.1 of the game too.

In general I like playing my Switch games on Ryujinx when at home and loading my save data onto the Switch when I need to travel. I am not certain what causes this issue. Would anyone have an idea what might be going wrong?
Try deleting all saves from the game (keep your backup of course), start the game on each platform, create a save on each, compare the two files and see if there are differences?

Koko210

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
After pretty much giving up on the issue for a month and a half, I randomly thought of the solution in an eureka moment today. For anyone interested or having the same issue, the problem was the 60FPS patch I had applied in Ryujinx. I disabled it, loaded up the game in the emulator again, saved again with the patch off, transferred the save data to the Switch again and boom.

Maybe it was stupid of me not to think of that earlier, since patches like that are cheat codes that hex edit the save data too. Definitely keeping it in mind moving forward.

Last edited by Koko210,
Reactions: Hayato213

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1