Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia "Two Armies" trailer

Nintendo has released another trailer for the upcoming Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. This time, the trailer goes into details about the story, as well as new gameplay changes. A point-and-click segment was shown, where players can investigate areas for items, while mages were confirmed to use health to cast magic, archers can attack adjacent units, or from more than 2 spaces away, and the "pair up" mechanic is gone. Casual mode and classic mode will be included, which notes a removal of Fates' phoenix mode. A special edition was also announced, which will include a CD, artbook, pin set, and reversible game cover that mimics how the boxart looked on the Famicom release. The special edition will retail for USD 59.99. Fire Emblem Echoes launches for Nintendo 3DS on May 19.

Fire-Emblem-Echoes-NA-LE-Ann.jpg

Last edited by Chary,
D

Deleted User

Can't wait for This game! Looks so much fun and alot more unique! (even if it is a remake)

Sadly this and Monster Hunter Double Cross are gonna be the only games I'm hyped for on the 3DS due to the Switch games like Mario Odyssey, Fire Emblem Switch, etc. (Heck, there have even been rumors of MH Double Cross coming to switch as well.)

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This, Pikmin, The Snack World, and the other Fire Emblem (Warriors) game are enough to make me definitely keep my 3DS away from the clutches of G$. And all the other games I still didn't finish.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Honestly the 3DS has more interesting titles yet to come than the Switch does in 2017--is shot
It would be very easy to port over most 3DS stuff to Switch, but I think it's too early in the console's lifetime for Nintendo to risk pissing off 3DS owners by giving Switch graphically-superior versions.

Hopefully that Advance Wars-Fire Emblem crossover game from the Starbound devs makes its way over to Switch.

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
So excited for this. I loved the original Gaiden and a remake with a more fleshed out story sounds fantastic.
Realllly hope this means they'll remake more FE titles. I know I would cut someone for an FE7 remake.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh, why is this (only) on 3DS...
wish Nintendo could cut the line already and port such games to the Switch.

Nintendo already stated that an exclusive Switch Fire Emblem is in development and will come out next year. Prior to that though, Fire Emblem Warriors will be released on the 3DS and the Switch. So it seems to me that Nintendo is slowly transitioning the Fire Emblem series from the 3DS to the Switch.

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
this looks like fates all over again
Why? It looks a lot like Gaiden if you ask me but I dunno that might be a coincidence and not due to the fact that is in fact a remake of Gaiden.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I can't wait to play this, it looks so good. I love how they openly scoff at newer mechanics such as pairups.
Also, is the third pixel figure Seliph? It looks like him but idk why it would be him. It's probably Marth although that wouldn't make sense either because Marth isn't in Gaiden. Guess it's just fanservice.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I kinda hope they keep the marriage system but i highly doubt it....
They won't and I'm glad

myangel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The main couple are lock anyway only some side character has slightly change in they ending ( maybe i'm mistake ) since it too long since i play this game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol