ROM Hack Fire Emblem Echoes installed CIA won't load?

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
OP
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
Hello all. I just picked up FE:Echoes today, used Decrypt9WIP (2016/11/13) to dump the cart to CIA, installed it with FBI, but when I try and run it, it hangs on the booting screen with the "Nintendo3DS" logo and the pulsing red icons in the corners. I've never run into this problem before using the same method. I'm using ReiNAND with 11.2.0-35U emuNAND. What happened? Is this a bad dump? Should I try installing the CIA again?

Thanks for any assistance.

froggydarren

Trophies
XP
Country
iv just download the USA version off CIA angel and that works perfect sooooo maybe cut your loss's and just download that?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you updated your version of ReiNAND? Try redumping the cart and installing the CIA. If worse comes to worse, get the CIA from that iso site.

Meteor7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iv just download the USA version off CIA angel and that works perfect sooooo maybe cut your loss's and just download that?
Well, that could certainly work as an immediate solution, but I'd also like to figure out what went wrong. I've also never used CIAngel, so I'd need to figure my way around that new system.

Reactions: froggydarren

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Probably the seed.
Which you can update with FBI.
Carts don't have seeds.
Though if he installed an update it could still be that.
Hello all. I just picked up FE:Echoes today, used Decrypt9WIP (2016/11/13) to dump the cart to CIA, installed it with FBI, but when I try and run it, it hangs on the booting screen with the "Nintendo3DS" logo and the pulsing red icons in the corners. I've never run into this problem before using the same method. I'm using ReiNAND with 11.2.0-35U emuNAND. What happened? Is this a bad dump? Should I try installing the CIA again?

Thanks for any assistance.
Maybe it requires a newer firm version? Try updating ReiNAND and emuNAND to latest (remember to update firmware.bin)

froggydarren

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, that could certainly work as an immediate solution, but I'd also like to figure out what went wrong. I've also never used CIAngel, so I'd need to figure my way around that new system.

load up cia angel (download it via fbi) and type in fire emblem echos and install lol.....but ya man my answer is the easy solution :)

Last edited by froggydarren,

Meteor7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it requires a newer firm version? Try updating ReiNAND and emuNAND to latest (remember to update firmware.bin)
Would updating my emuNAND to 11.4 cause problems if I ever wanted to switch to LumaCFW? It's been at the back of my mind, and I heard a bunch of things got patched with 11.4. Is there any real downside to updating my emuNAND, or is it all in my head?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would updating my emuNAND to 11.4 cause problems if I ever wanted to switch to LumaCFW? It's been at the back of my mind, and I heard a bunch of things got patched with 11.4. Is there any real downside to updating my emuNAND, or is it all in my head?
Updating your emuNAND is fine, as long as you are in emuNAND when you update. Updating your sysNAND to 11.4 will screw yourself over.

Meteor7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updating your emuNAND is fine, as long as you are in emuNAND when you update. Updating your sysNAND to 11.4 will screw yourself over.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/update-emunand-to-11-3-is-it-safe.461160/
This thread says updating ReiNAND's emuNAND to 11.3+ will boot to a black screen. It was made back in February, so is that no longer the case? If it isn't, then I must need to update ReiNAND some way, right? Would it be easier to just take the jump to Luma and A9LH now rather than later?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread says updating ReiNAND's emuNAND to 11.3+ will boot to a black screen. It was made back in February, so is that no longer the case? If it isn't, then I must need to update ReiNAND some way, right? Would it be easier to just take the jump to Luma and A9LH now rather than later?
I personally would switch to a9lh+Luma, but the guide that we link to is undergoing changes or will be undergoing changes later tonight. You can view teh official ReiNAND thread and ask how to properly update it.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Latest ReiNAND supports 11.3+, as confirmed by the latest download on the releases page saying "Added support for 11.3+"

sasha_spb_ru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I also experienced same problem with FBI.
Some .cia installed with it just won't load (stuck on 3DS logo loading screen).
But everything works if downloaded and installed with Ciangel or just installed with Title Manager.
Probably, FBI does something wrong.
I'm on Sysnand 11.2, FBI 2.4.8 (but same problem was also in older versions).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr