GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
ROFL this looks like a clone of Advance Wars XD JK. Nice game. Hope it arrives at U.S. shores.

I can see this will hit Top 10 DS Games when it arrives.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
oh my god! look at those animated sprites in the combat scene! Holy shit that's nice!
biggrin.gif

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Hmm... I guess I'm the only one that's gonna miss the 2D sprites in battle? I kinda liked those better... I don't really think the DS is meant for 3D. >__>; But that's just my opinion!

PS: OH LAWD IS DAT SUM MARTH?!

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume you mean the GBA sprites. Personally, I hated those things, and preferred the style used in the fourth and fifth games. This time around is mixing both the cartoony GBA and realistic movement of the the other two--it looks rather fluid, and makes up for the crap the GBA had, in my opinion. I would have preferred for the artstyle to not look so prerendered though :/

Glad Rhythm Tengoku Gold comes out a week before this. Hopefully it'll get FFTA2 off my chest long enough for Fire Emblem to feel brand new, rather than just new :/

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It looks and plays exactly the same as ever. Why would you buy this when you can pick up any of the three titles on the GBA at a used price?

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Actually, it doesn't look the same as ever..It does look similar, but graphics are improved, and it shows!
And what's the third title, I wasn't aware of it?!?!
I know of Fire Emblem and Fire Emblem - Sacred Stones..What is the third title?

And I loved both GBA titles, Sacred Stones felt bit shorter, but nicely worked out..

Sir Spanky

Trophies
XP
Country
The game itself looks really cool, but I hate how the basically completely copy the Advance Wars engine. I really hated the newest AW game (loved the others), so that is disappointing.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
The game itself looks really cool, but I hate how the basically completely copy the Advance Wars engine. I really hated the newest AW game (loved the others), so that is disappointing.
Intelligent Systems created both Fire Emblem and Nintendo Wars. If memory serves, Fire Emblem came first--if anything, Nintendo Wars copies its sister rather than the other way around :/

QUOTE said:
It looks and plays exactly the same as ever. Why would you buy this when you can pick up any of the three titles on the GBA at a used price?
That's one of the reasons why there's fans of this game: the games remain the same, yet are always different. Not to mention, a majority of non-Japanese fans pro'lly haven't played the original, and the ones who have, actually played the remake from the third game, which removed some stuff.

It's a new Fire Emblem game. That's why.

And what's the third title, I wasn't aware of it?!?!
Fire Emblem 6 covers Roy as the Lord going agains the invading nation of Bern, or something like that. It has never seen release outside of Japan--from the American translation of the next game, it looked as if NoA was intending to bring it over, but as NoE removed all allusions to FE6, and time was ticking, this game was getting no younger, and it fell out of grasp. It's the first of the three that were on the GBA, the first time the series were moved to the handheld.

Fire Emblem 7 is the first one to come to foreign shores. It has Eliwood, Hector, and Lyn. Then FE8 has Ephraim and Eirik. And so on, we've been getting the series worldwide.

SylvWolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Famicom Wars was released two years before the original Fire Emblem in Japan, so technically, the gameplay was copied, but it was made by the same company, so it's kind of expected. And it is different: the Wars series focuses on making new units and having greater numbers while the FE series gives you a smaller group of stronger soldiers than the enemy. Also, no character ever comes back after they die.

And on the note of FE6, while it has not received an official translation, the fan translation of it is excellent and I've played through it a few times. It's a great game and offers a more realistic approach than FE7 - there is more involvement in the wars between the countries and the dragons really only get involved near the end.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?