ROM Hack Fire Emblem Awakening Same-Sex Marriage (+ More)

nachos11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! First of all love this mod, thanks!
I installed and got it to work (all the support options showing up)
But are there supposed to be actual conversations? Or does the support option just go up?
For example, I got C rank support with Avatar and Emmeryn and it played their support conversation, but C rank support with Emmeryn and Lissa simply upgraded their support level to C with no conversation. Is that a bug or the intended use? Either way thanks!

Edit: And my other question was how Chrom marriage works? Is it the same as vanilla marriage order?

Last edited by nachos11,

yutakk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi! First of all love this mod, thanks!
I installed and got it to work (all the support options showing up)
But are there supposed to be actual conversations? Or does the support option just go up?
For example, I got C rank support with Avatar and Emmeryn and it played their support conversation, but C rank support with Emmeryn and Lissa simply upgraded their support level to C with no conversation. Is that a bug or the intended use? Either way thanks!

Edit: And my other question was how Chrom marriage works? Is it the same as vanilla marriage order?

Some options don't have conversations yet, so if the rank simply goes up without any, that's why. In vanilla, Emmeryn doesn't have any support with Lissa, so the hack gave her one, but no conversation yet.
As for the Chrom thing...I'm not sure actually. I think it's the same as vanilla, and if Chrom marries anyone he normally can't in vanilla, the village girl marriage scene will happen. I reckon UnassumingVenusaur was working on making custom scenes for all the new options, but that was a long time ago and we have yet to have any update. Here's to hoping someone will make them, but for now we'll have to make do with the village girl and pretend it was the character we picked. :')

Reactions: nachos11

nachos11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some options don't have conversations yet, so if the rank simply goes up without any, that's why. In vanilla, Emmeryn doesn't have any support with Lissa, so the hack gave her one, but no conversation yet.
As for the Chrom thing...I'm not sure actually. I think it's the same as vanilla, and if Chrom marries anyone he normally can't in vanilla, the village girl marriage scene will happen. I reckon UnassumingVenusaur was working on making custom scenes for all the new options, but that was a long time ago and we have yet to have any update. Here's to hoping someone will make them, but for now we'll have to make do with the village girl and pretend it was the character we picked. :')
Awesome! Thanks so much for your super quick and concise reply!! I guess now my biggest decision is whether to marry my boy Libra or my dude Chrom.

Thanks again everyone

Reactions: yutakk

Gaerdren

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I’m having a problem with this patch : I followed the luma method but while everyone has it’s supports unlocked, the supports conversations do not appear, even with M!robin/chrom or M!robin/frederick.
Any ideas ? Other mods work fine.

kentoadd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hello. Anyone know how someone would go about installing this mod, but at the same time, also leaving out all the support pairings that don't have actual conversations implemented yet? I have an idea, that is, editing the m/U folder included in the download myself, and removing the pairings which don't have support conversations yet. The only problem is, it's all in japanese, and furthermore, there is no list of which supports actually have the conversations already implemented, unless I'm misreading the main post somehow.

yutakk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello. Anyone know how someone would go about installing this mod, but at the same time, also leaving out all the support pairings that don't have actual conversations implemented yet? I have an idea, that is, editing the m/U folder included in the download myself, and removing the pairings which don't have support conversations yet. The only problem is, it's all in japanese, and furthermore, there is no list of which supports actually have the conversations already implemented, unless I'm misreading the main post somehow.
You'd have to edit the gamedata.bin.lz file itself, since that's where all the support levels are stored. Honestly I wouldn't bother touching that file unless you know what you're doing, or you'll just end up messing up every support in the game. A lot more hassle than it's worth.
There'd also be no need to delete files from the m/U folder, since the files present in there are all conversation files (unless you really don't like a specific support, I guess, then feel free to delete the file, it'll get rid of all support convos for those two characters, but not the support levels).

Reactions: kentoadd

kentoadd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
You'd have to edit the gamedata.bin.lz file itself, since that's where all the support levels are stored. Honestly I wouldn't bother touching that file unless you know what you're doing, or you'll just end up messing up every support in the game. A lot more hassle than it's worth.
There'd also be no need to delete files from the m/U folder, since the files present in there are all conversation files (unless you really don't like a specific support, I guess, then feel free to delete the file, it'll get rid of all support convos for those two characters, but not the support levels).
Oh wow. I didn't expect someone to reply to me so fast.

Oops, guess I totally missed the mark there. I probably would have started messing around with it against my better judgement and despite knowing squat if I hadn't read your advice haha. Alright, I guess I'll just have to take the good with the "bad". The m/U folder has so much already just from a glance, I wouldn't want to miss out. Many thanks friend, for how quickly you answered, for actually taking the time to answer in the first place and for the help. I really do appreciate it.

yutakk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Oh wow. I didn't expect someone to reply to me so fast.

Oops, guess I totally missed the mark there. I probably would have started messing around with it against my better judgement and despite knowing squat if I hadn't read your advice haha. Alright, I guess I'll just have to take the good with the "bad". The m/U folder has so much already just from a glance, I wouldn't want to miss out. Many thanks friend, for how quickly you answered, for actually taking the time to answer in the first place and for the help. I really do appreciate it.
No problem! I just looked at my notifications at the right time haha. x)

Sophrates

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen a couple things around about having gender neutral terms for relationships instead of husband and wife but is there any way to actually get that in my game? I have the latest version but I still have characters being assigned the wrong term. It's just something that would be really nice to know if it's able to be fixed.

Kedarui

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do i use this with citra? i have absolutely no understanding of 3DS file modding ;;
EDIT: nvm i figured it out LMAO, you just right click on FE:A in citra and open the mod folder then slap the contents of the Luma folder into it based on what region you're using

Last edited by Kedarui,

lifsylph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!

I made a guide in Spanish on how to apply the patch in citra, it is in PDF format, and publish it in the Fates thread, but it has some steps that should not be applied normally, so I will publish the necessary steps here, I am using the translator from google, sorry.

Download "HackingToolkit9DS by Asia81" (Version 9, other versions will not work)

Unzip and Install (SeptuUS.exe) found in PackEnglishV9 \ PackHack

Run HackingToolkit3DS.exe from PackEnglishV9 \ PackHack

Choose option D (type D and press ENTER)

Drag your .3DS File (ROM) to the command window, then delete the .3DS extension

Press ENTER and then choose option Y (Type Y and press ENTER)

Wait for the Extraction to finish

Copy the contents of the m and GameData (Data for Awakening) folders of the patch:

----------------------------------------------
For Fates:

Gay Fates \ v 0.6.2.1 \ HANS version \ EU

Gay Fates \ v 0.6.2.1 \ HANS version \ NA

Or

Gay Fates \ v 0.6.2.1 \ HANS version \ JP

-------------------------------------------------
For Awakening:

Gay Awakening\V 0.3.1\HANS\EU\romfs

Or

Gay Awakening\V 0.3.1\HANS\NA\romfs

-------------------------------------------------

It will depend on the version of your Game.

Paste the m and Gamedata folders into: PackEnglishV9 \ PackHack \ ExtractedRomFS

In HackingToolkit3DS Choose option R (type R and press ENTER)

Drag your .3DS file to the command window and delete the .3DS extension

Wait for it to finish rebuilding the files.

Run the new file with Citra at the end of its name: _Edited.3DS

And that's it. I hope it helps.
Thank you SO MUCH!! This was an absolutely perfect and wonderful guide. You are a hero :)

kentoadd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hello. Is there a way to play this together with the "unit select voice" mod or are they incompatible? This mod and the "unit select voice" mod come with their own static.bin.lz, so I know they're not compatible out of the box. I think. I'm using the luma method and the game runs fine with just the "same sex marriage" mod, but I don't know how to merge them together.

nvm, solved

Last edited by kentoadd,

ClemVgC

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have installed the mod on my 3ds, with the european version and in the luma folder, and when I'm in game, I can have the rows between for example chrom and Cordelia but I don't have the dialogues. is there a solution to have them?

DieselbloodDoc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m having an issue where chrom and Nowi just won’t gain support ranks. I know they don’t have any conversations implemented but they should be able to rank up regardless right?

Deleted member 598242

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Is there an updated version? It's a very old post and the download looks too complicated. Not sure if I can install it, because its not clear if the version is stable.
well, I am glad it exists, so thanks :)

brainrotter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This project is cursed, I swear. Every time someone picks it up they immediately drop off the face of the earth

Gay Fates is doing great though, the person that picked it up is actually committed to it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all