Gaming Fire Emblem Awakening: Noob question about Seals

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I bought Fire Emblem awakening a few days ago, and I'm loving it. However, this is my first Fire Emblem game, and no matter how many guides I look up, I can't quite grasp the concept of Seals or how to properly use them. Can anyone explain them to me (in a way that would be understood by a FE noob)?

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can answer when your a base class (never class changed) at lv 10+ you can use a master seal to class change to a stronger class ex Chrom is a lord class at the start if he reaches lv 10 or higher he can class change via the master seal to Great Lord i think he can weild spears as well as swords.....now if you have an advance class unit (class changed once or more) you MUST use the second seal to class change same lv requirement

Mirby

BDFF Hype~ :3
Trophies
Website
mirbystudios.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Master Seals: Used to promote a unit from a base class to a promoted class once they reach level 10.

Second Seal: Used to
- Reclass a unit to another base class once they reach level 10 in their base class.
- Reclass a unit to any possible base class when below level 10 in a promoted class
- Reclass a unit to any possible base class or promoted class (not counting the class they currently are) when between levels 10 and 19 in their promoted class
- Reclass a unit to any possible class, base or promoted (even the class they currently are) when they are level 20 (max level) in their promoted class

You'll be able to find both from various merchants on the map.

A few things to note.
- Special classes such as Taguel, Dancer, Manakete, etc, cannot use Master Seals to promote as there is no promoted class. As such they have a higher max level of 30 compared to the 20 other classes cap out at.
- It is important to judge the best time to reclass with a Second Seal. Base classes learn skills at levels 1 and 10, special classes learn them at 1 and 15, and promoted classes learn them at 5 and 15. If you want those skills, keep this in mind before reclassing once reaching level 10.
- If you constantly reclass at the earliest opportunity, you'll miss out on up to 10 levels worth of possible stat gains. However, being as those are based on a random number generator that is just as likely to help you as it is to screw you over, it's sometimes a necessary sacrifice.
- Each unit has 2 base classes they can reclass into using a Second Seal (not counting the one they start out as). There are also 2 classes each base class can promote into. Note that the Avatar unit can reclass into ANY class (barring ones exclusive to the gender opposite the Avatar or special classes such as the ones listed above).

Hope that helps!

frogboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Optimally, when should I use Master and Second Seals? I know some people say there can be a downside to reclassing too early.

Mirby

BDFF Hype~ :3
Trophies
Website
mirbystudios.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
You have to be careful though. Since you can reclass as many times as you want provided the requirements are met, you can keep growing in new classes. The game keeps track of a unit's internal level, which is the sum of all the levels they've gained in all classes. If you level to 20 each time in each class, it's gonna be hard to gain experience later one.

For instance, my Avatar's internal level is 76. She barely gains any experience anymore, because she's gained so much already. That's 20 Tactician, 15 Grandmaster, 10 Mercenary, 15 Hero, 15 Great Knight, 1 Dark Knight. If I'd gone to 20 in all those, I wouldn't be gaining experience anymore at all. Or not enough to matter.

If you want those skills, you might need to promote and/or reclass before 20.

frogboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently have one Master Seal, and I'm considering using it on MU right now since he's already at Lv. 20. Should I use it on him, or is there someone else I should reclass before him? Does it matter?

I guess I should've included all of my questions in the OP :wacko:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I could claw back 14tb by only doing 2 parity disks but I feel like with 13 disks in the RAID...