Fire Emblem Awakening is coming to the United States.

• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 3,287
  • Replies 34
  • Likes 1

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most of the DLC for getting older Fire Emblem characters reuse the same base map over and over (I've seen about four choices being used), while the optional side-missions seem to be a bit more original. Almost all the old-character DLC uses their official art from their games, which can be a bit jarring, as it really stands out aesthetically, and also makes the units feel really generic and unimportant. But these are pretty small problems compared to how much fun people have been having with the game so far.

Fire Emblem X Advance Wars X Super Robot Wars!

But it has to be Originals only, else it'll never get localized.
According to Iwata asks, this Fire emblem was originally going to be set in a modern setting on Mars. The planet, Mars.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Also, the DLC is cheap and rather worth it, you pay like 1€ or 2€ for a char with it's own map and quest (from what I recall).
A map such as COD would be like $15 dollars.

Yeah, I think so. I think there like 4 or 5.Maybe I'll actually get some (be my first time buying dlc), if not, I hope for a dlc special pre-older. :P
The prices actually vary from char to char, some are cheaper while others are more expensive (the most expensive one so far was Micaiah from what I recall), most range the 300yen price, although I'm assuming they'll just price it in europe and usa with the same numbers, like 3€ or 3$, which is what they usually do...

Besides that, there's plenty of free characters and maps to earn via spotpass, some really awesome ones are included on that list. *-*

Daemauroa

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
so, A new fire emblem game. too bad the game doesn't have a release date yet, at least not shown in the twitter post soulx mentioned.
it is just one more reason to get a 3ds later this year :lol:

Blazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AWWWWWW YEAAAAAAAH

Indeed

I've been pumped up quite a bit by the news and don't know how to adequately expend my energy XP

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FE: Shadow Dragon was pretty much the last traditional SRPG I played. That being said, there's a reason I haven't played SRPGs since, they don't interest me any more.

So this kinda just passes by me without a care. Kinda wished they had a Fire Emblem spin off that wasn't a SRPG or something. It'd be neat.

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
FE: Shadow Dragon was pretty much the last traditional SRPG I played. That being said, there's a reason I haven't played SRPGs since, they don't interest me any more.

So this kinda just passes by me without a care. Kinda wished they had a Fire Emblem spin off that wasn't a SRPG or something. It'd be neat.
That's actually a neat idea. SRPGs do get pretty boring sometimes.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
But changing the style of the game is changing the franchise as a whole. It's like making Advance Wars into a real time war game, it would just be Battalion Wars on a portable.

By the way, why u no announce new Advance Wars, Nintendo? I kind of expected an announcement, I liked Days of Ruin quite a bit even though it didn't have the characters we came to love in the previous 3 Advance Wars games.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But changing the style of the game is changing the franchise as a whole. It's like making Advance Wars into a real time war game, it would just be Battalion Wars on a portable.

By the way, why u no announce new Advance Wars, Nintendo? I kind of expected an announcement, I liked Days of Ruin quite a bit even though it didn't have the characters we came to love in the previous 3 Advance Wars games.

Well that's why I said a spin off. I mean Mario has been in everything from racers to RPGs to typing games but he's still Mario. Just market a Fire Emblem game as a clear spin off. Like make a Wii U Fire Emblem and make a companion 3DS spin off that plays differently.

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
A Fire Emblem game along the veins of a Dynasty Warriors title could be fun. You could select a team of warriors to go into battle and freely switch between all of them, with different enemy types being either weak to or strong against specific characters, thus encouraging diversity and character swapping.

Reactions: 2 people

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Fire Emblem game along the veins of a Dynasty Warriors title could be fun. You could select a team of warriors to go into battle and freely switch between all of them, with different enemy types being either weak to or strong against specific characters, thus encouraging diversity and character swapping.

That's a pretty solid idea, even something like Battalion Wars but with Fire Emblem would be neat.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Also another 70TB going in the front mount drive bays of this server. 182tb raw, going to...