Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fire Emblem: Shin Monsho no Nazo ~Hikari to Kage no Eiyuu~
AKA Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem ~Heroes of Light and Shadow~

The 12th Installment in the Fire Emblem Series

Translation Project

Most of us know that Intelligent Systems created a remake of Fire Emblem 3: Mystery of the Emblem, originally for the SNES, for the Nintendo DS. If you don't know about it, then there's a very good reason--the game seems to have been neglected by Nintendo and has still not made a release outside of Japan, despite being a well-received game by Japan and other fans who have played the game despite not understanding Japanese.

Fans waited and waited in agony, but the wait will soon be over. The Fire Emblem 12 Translation Team has taken up hex editors and compression programs to translate this great game in the stead of those who haven't. So without further adieu, here's our proof that we're actually translating this thing:

FE12trans001.png
FE12trans004.png

MORE SCREENSHOTS Below:

newtitle.png
FE12trans002.png

FE12trans006.png
FE12trans005.png

FE12trans007.png
FE12trans008.png

FE12trans009.png
FE12trans010.png

I'm sure you guys have a lot of questions, but before you whack us with them, make sure they aren't answered here:

Fire Emblem 12 Translation FAQ

README Below:

Version history
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2.01 [Public menu patch created by the FE12 Translation Project Team]
-Congratulation and unlock messages (upon beating the game) translated
-Base conversation messages (not dialogue) translated
-Clock bonus and Training messages (not dialogue) translated
-Miscellaneous minor fixes

2.00 [Beta menu patch created from scratch by the FE12 Translation Project Team]
-All important menus translated
-Name input for My Unit has English symbols enabled
-Dialogue has been left untouched (Warning: Lowercase symbols are not currently supported in dialogue)

-Minor fixes

1.00 [Preliminary menu patch created by Blazer]

Information
~~~~~~~~~~~

Please visit the official blog (link below) if you have any questions or comments. There's also a pretty handy FAQ there.

If have any suggestions or bug reports, please forward them to the "Menu patch version 2" blog post (not yet created at the time of writing).

Links
~~~~~

http://fe12ds.blogspot.com/
Official FE12 Translation Project blog and site

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related
Prologue I trailer (contains preview of the dialogue translation)

[email protected]
Blazer's contact e-mail (we're looking for an experienced graphics editor and assembly programmer)

Credits
~~~~~~~

[FE12 Translation Project Team]

Arch
-Director, Hacker, and Chief of Localization

Blazer
-Hacker and Chief Director

Nintenlord
-Hacker and Chief Programmer

sn0w75
-Chief Translator

VincentASM
-Director, Primary Hacker, and Project Host

[Other]

Nintendo/Intelligent Systems
-Developers of this awesome game

A message to Nintendo of America/Europe
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please put us out of a job by officially releasing this game!

With all that important information out of the way, the FE12 Translation Team would like to present you with our current patch, a menu patch covering most gameplay aspects to allow players to play the game without needing to understand Japanese or use logic to figure out what certain menus say. We've worked really hard on this, so we hope you enjoy it, or at least like it, as this is a sample of what our complete translation will be like (for those of you waiting for us to finish the entire game).

DOWNLOAD LATEST VERSION

Updates

News

A graphics editor has already been found. If everything goes to plan, we should be able to work on the graphical side of text soon. This includes stuff like the opening demo, various headers and the in-battle stats.

Known bugs in 2.0.1

If you go through erasing of all data, the message that tells you data is being erased doesn't show up. Also, because of this, another super rare menu text may not display properly. These issues are easily fixed.

Blazer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are we? We're trying, but I don't know how fast other translation groups generally are. Admittedly, working at this pace is tiring me out kinda fast, heheh.

Also, if anyone wants, there is a poll on the blog. You can go and vote there as we like to have opinions on things! This is a fan translation by and for the fans so we try to please you (when it's convenient for us anyway, heheh) and when you bug us hard enough, so go vote and let your voice be heard
biggrin.gif

Just note that we can't please everyone and so we do a "say your piece, we'll take it, then you live with the result" kind of approach in terms of suggestions, so no flame wars on decisions we make, please. ._.

That is all~

Reactions: nxwing

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome
happy.gif
. Good luck with the translation, i was literally just thinking earlier about how much i wanted this translated
tongue.gif
. (I had downloaded an Incomplete patch that just translated a few stats and stuff, was that you guys work also?)

Blazer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^That was a preliminary patch from about... 1 week after the game came out. We released a new menu patch, currently up to version 2.0.1, which is much better, and has a lot more translated, and better translations, less glitchy translations, etc., although it's still not 100% complete menu patch due to graphical text and I think a couple other things.

We're currently aiming for a full translation patch now, dialog and all.

Reactions: nxwing

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah its quite awesome, downloaded and just tried it
happy.gif
. Not sure if im gonna wait (For a while) for the full version or play through it now. Im such a sucker for the story of Fire Emblem games

amfness20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i found a bug in the 2.01 patch..
not sure if it is one...

after you finished the prologue..
when you click the armory.. you see no Funds/Money/Gold

and if i can remember it should have about 10,000 after finishing the prologue..

=)

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I followed the instructions but while the clean rom is 128mb in size,the patched rom is only 82,1mb.Is this natural or am I doing something wrong?Also,it gives me a white screen using AKAIO 1.8.7.
Any help,please?

Seicomart

Trophies
XP
Country
I hope the "fans" don't ruin another translation project and you take your own good time to finish the thing, maybe a paypal button for coffee n doughnuts donations wouldn't go amiss..

I appreciate your time and effort and look forward to playing this when all is done, whether that's in a year, or 5 years it doesn't matter to me : ) Good luck!

Blazer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^I am not going to work on this past 2012, as I have other things to do than translate this game for 5 years haha

@Toushiro thanks

@panmusic yes, I didn't add extra space to the end of the ROM to make it 128MB, the game's data is really only ~82MB and so that's how large the patched ROM is.

You should be able to run it with Desmume or on a flashcart with the latest firmware, although some flash carts don't support the game without an anti-piracy patch, which, ATM, I cannot help you with.

@amfness20 loooool you wish

@umbra thanks

@dgwillia, I am too but this game had really good music, interesting gameplay, sidequests (something I've been missing ever since about FE7, really, since FE8 only had 1 sidequest and FE11's sidequests were crap), etc., so even without the plot I liked the game a lot, and I'm glad I didn't wait for me to finish the translation to play it, haha. But you can do what you want, I don't think you'll regret either choice.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks blazer for doing what nintendo doesn't want to do
I really appreciate it
bow.gif

btw... @FrozenIndignation why so many penguins??? xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's certainly better than the first but it's not awesome either.