• Thread starter Deleted-171178
  • Start date
  • Views 4,442
  • Replies 50
D

Deleted-171178

OP
MSN Movies said:
WENN -- Production on the new "Harry Potter" movie was thrown into jeopardy on Friday when a blaze ripped through the set.

Firefighters were called to Leavesden Film Studios in Hertfordshire, England after explosives, used in a battle scene in the upcoming "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," ignited scenery.

It took 40 minutes to bring the blaze under control -- but much of the set was badly damaged, according to Britain's News of the World newspaper.

A source tells the publication, "We were shooting the scenes where Hogwarts gets blown up in battle. But fire managed to catch hold of the set and it went up in flames. It was completely out of control at one point.

"The special effects guys involved are devastated. There's always a risk when there's shooting involving fire and explosives but this shouldn't happen."

The movie's top stars Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson were not on set during the blaze.

The first part of the film is due for release later this year, while the second installment is set to hit the big screen in 2011.

Source: MSN Movies

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
good maybe they won't make it now
38650_lmao.gif

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
That's a shame... I certainly hope they'll be able to release it on time. I've promised myself not to watch the first part until the second one is released. Then I want to watch them all in full HD glory.

Summer of 2011 is far away though...

Matt140

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Good to hear, the latest films have been just awful, so lets hope they cancel it
biggrin.gif

..Although the likelihood of this happening is severely small..

D

Deleted-171178

OP
To be honest, I thought the last Harry Potter movie was crap.
I have read the book, and when comparing it to the movie there were important sections missing, and a whole side story about their lovelife added.
Book was 8/10, movie 4/10.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Hold on here, folks, hold on. The recent movies have been lackluster, I agree. But that's only because they had to fit waaaaaay too much content into around 2 hours. So half the character development and whatnot gets cut. Whereas the earlier films were based on books that were much shorter, so they could fit just about everything in.

Which is precisely why you should be upset about this fire, the final book in the series is being adapted into not one, but two films specifically so that they can fit the entire thing in. Even if you've disliked the more recent films in the series, the 2 part Deathly Hallows films should more than make up for that. As such, I view this fire as a negative thing.

D

Deleted-171178

OP
Why not just make the movies longer?
Its A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World did it.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the real reason the last book is split into two films is so that they can sell two films and not one.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
beegee7730 said:
You're preaching to the choir. I understand why they don't do it, because the target audience, children, cannot sit through 3 - 4 hour movies. Lets face it, this is the ADHD generation after all.
tongue.gif
However, what gets my goat is that they can't even release extended cuts of these films because they don't film the extra scenes. So those of you waiting for a LotR style extended cut some day, like myself, well, you're out of luck I'm afraid.

QUOTE(Hadriano @ Mar 23 2010, 01:22 PM) I think the real reason the last book is split into two films is so that they can sell two films and not one.
I'm sure that's part of it. But another factor is that every single scene in the final book is important. The only element they can cut down is a few of the "camping" scenes. There's nothing in that particular book outside of that that could be cut without heavily damaging the narrative.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ace Gunman said:
beegee7730 said:
You're preaching to the choir. I understand why they don't do it, because the target audience, children, cannot sit through 3 - 4 hour movies. Lets face it, this is the ADHD generation after all.
tongue.gif
However, what gets my goat is that they can't even release extended cuts of these films because they don't film the extra scenes. So those of you waiting for a LotR style extended cut some day, like myself, well, you're out of luck I'm afraid.

QUOTE(Hadriano @ Mar 23 2010, 01:22 PM) I think the real reason the last book is split into two films is so that they can sell two films and not one.
I'm sure that's part of it. But another factor is that every single scene in the final book is important. The only element they can cut down is a few of the "camping" scenes. There's nothing in that particular book outside of that that could be cut without heavily damaging the narrative.
camping!! blah, blah, blah. I dont wanna hear, no more spoilers!!!......just kidding. i guess that kinda sucks...i kinda like the movies. Its not like i pay to see them.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hadriano said:
I think the real reason the last book is split into two films is so that they can sell two films and not one.
I think they're probably rich enough already to not care about that.
It's a good thing that the movie is split, that way nothing will get left out; however judging from the trailer, they still gimped this movie pretty badly.
I hope this blaze won't delay the release too long.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually they do film the extra scenes. They even play the extented cuts on tv. I have even seen two "ultimate editions" in stores for the first two movies. They come with the extended cuts!

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
chartube12 said:
Actually they do film the extra scenes. They even play the extented cuts on tv. I have even seen two "ultimate editions" in stores for the first two movies. They come with the extended cuts!
They film some extra scenes, but not all of them. Not even most of them. I used to know of a site that covered everything they cut from the films.

The first two were more or less spot on, not everything made it into the film but they did film most of the other scenes as extras. The third cut a little bit more, but was still fairly accurate. Starting with Goblet of Fire the list became extremely extensive.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Can't say I feel sorry for them, the Harry Potter books are/were good, films 1 to 3 were good too, but the rest is just more and more crap like Twilight.

"Ooh, I love you Harry!" "I love you too, Ron."
"Ooh, I love you Ron!" "I love you too, Hermione."
"Ooh, I love you Hermione!" "I love you too, Harry."

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.