Fire card will not save games and some wont load

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Zanzi3636, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Zanzi3636
    OP

Newcomer Zanzi3636 Newbie

United States
    I cannot save any game (either it will say its saved and when i restart its gone or it will flat out say save failed depending on the game) and some games give me a cannot wright error. I have tried reformating several times and it still will not work. I have 3 cards and i noticed the card I have the problems with does not have the following files autorun.bin, autorunpad.bin, and global.ini. I cannot copy the .bin files so i think that may be the problem any advice would be much appreciated

I have tested loading and saving the games on my other card and they work just fine

2. bog500

Newcomer bog500 Member

Canada
    did you "full format" or "quick format" ?

If you "full formated" and still can't copy files your card is most likekly defective.

3. Zanzi3636
    OP

Newcomer Zanzi3636 Newbie

United States
    yeah I full formated with no results other than me become enraged. I am talking with the place I bought it from now trying to get a replacement card. but if anyone can think of anything I would be happy to know either so I dont have to wait a month for the replacement or for future refrence I would love to hear it

4. bog500

Newcomer bog500 Member

Canada
    here is a little trick :

buy a new one from DealExtreme
    when you receive it contact them and told them your new FireCard is defective
    send it back (your old one, not the new)
    get whatever you want with the store credit

5. Firecard_master

Newcomer Firecard_master Member

United Kingdom
    I Pmed you, that is masters work!