Hacking Finishing modding using Modmii! Can I now install Wiiware games?

chanbog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys!

I just finished modding my Wii using Modmii, and I was hoping you guys could help me install Wiiware. I already have the .wad files for the Wiiware, I just don't know how to install them.

Here are my files:

So I have 3 questions:

1) How do I install them? Is it safe?
2) Can I install them using my external harddrive? It's the one I load backups off of.
3) Will I be able to remove the game/uninstall the game from my Wii if I don't want it anymore?

Thanks for the help guys :P

chaosdarkneo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) You can install them using Multi Mod Manager or any other WAD Manager (MMM being recommended by me). The safeness however, can be questionable, as WADs could just as easily contain a malicious file (Stubbed System Menu IOS for one) as the actual game. Verify that where you got them is credible, and make sure the sizes are consistent with the game's original size.
2) Yes, you might have to tell the WAD manager to load from the USB instead of the SD, it's simple enough though.
3) Yes, providing you keep the original copy of the WADs stored somewhere. You'd just go through the same process with the WAD manager and instead of installing, you'd select to uninstall. If you lose the original copies of the WADs, you could use AnyTitleDeleter, HOWEVER, if you do not know how to properly use the tool and what not to delete, you have a good chance of bricking your Wii, so I recommend keeping the original copies safe somewhere. (i.e. Your computer, your external hard drive, etc.)

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
1. They may be safe, they may not be. Make a nand backup before you install them in case they are malicious.
2. Yes. Just use MMM or another wad manager.
3. Yes. The safest way to remove them is through Data Management in the System Menu.

chaosdarkneo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right, I totally forgot about a NAND backup, do that as well, it's very important.

Also, Data Management doesn't always detect WADs installed illegitimately, but if it does for you, you can use that too.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Right, I totally forgot about a NAND backup, do that as well, it's very important.

Also, Data Management doesn't always detect WADs installed illegitimately, but if it does for you, you can use that too.
Please give me an example of when data management does not 'detect' pirated wads. I think you are mistaken by that remark. The only thing that Data Management does not show is hidden channels, everything else always shows up as it should, as far as I am aware. Basically, if it shows up in the SM then it should show up in DM, and DM is the most noob friendly way of deleting an installed WAD file.

chaosdarkneo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, right, I'm sorry.

I was being stupid there.

I was thinking about things like IOS WADs and other such things, not games, but you're right, the OP only has games in that list, and IOS can be uninstalled other ways.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Ill just sneak in with a stupid question here. To delete a wiiware/vc game, you simply go into data management and delete the channel?

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
Ill just sneak in with a stupid question here. To delete a wiiware/vc game, you simply go into data management and delete the channel?
If you do that the ticket will remain in the wii and can cause problems if you install another wad of the same game

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys.... since we are talking about installing wads here. Im making customs forwarders with customizemii. I have only priiloader and bootmii as ios (no as boot), so my birck protection isnt optime. Im testing all my channels on sneek (they work so far), so I was wondering if that should be safe enough to install it on my Wii's nand.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
If you do that the ticket will remain in the wii and can cause problems if you install another wad of the same game

okay, so the best way is simply relaunching the .wad and chose uninstall instead of install then?

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
priiloader is enough to recover from a bannerbrick or a themebrick, so it's safe to test on your real nand even without bootmii @ boot2. Just know that if a channel ever stops u from loading your system menu, use priiloader to load a wad manager (via the HBC or w.e) then uninstall the problematic channel\wad.

Also, the ticket stayin behind after deleting a channel from Data Management is not an issue. If you were to reinstall a same WAD (or even a different one) with the same title id, the ticket will be overwritten.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte