1. vayanui8

vayanui8 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    4's ending isn't as sad as 3's however, I feel like pointing out there is an event near the end of the game that is extremely sad, and you will feel like shit if you get the bad ending.

2. InuYasha

InuYasha Professional Coke Fiend

United States
    I honestly never bother with with doing a max Slink run because the rewards are never worth it...

3. BORTZ

OP BORTZ The Amazing
    Supervisor

United States
    I just want to squeeze out all the social stuff out of the game in the first go, so I dont feel obligated to play again too soon.

4. InuYasha

United States
    Kinda funny I just beat the game again yesterday(been awhile since I played P3fes) and for some crazy reason decided to torment myself by playing "The Answer".

BORTZ likes this.
  5. emigre

emigre i am a free i am not man a number

United Kingdom
    I didn't like Persona Q at all. Shocking I now.

6. aofelix

aofelix GBAtemp Advanced Fan

P3 was better than P4.

P4 corrected everything P3 did wrong but the lack of "tiredness" at night meant I could just marathon a dungeon and grinding time was virtually unlimited. The apprehension and fear of a shadow coming up was never really realised.

Also I feel like P4 was way too scooby doo rather than Persona 3 which held a more mystery/dark tone.

Next persona, I hope the individual storylines and social links actually INTERTWINE with the main plot. Like the creators should actually sit down and try to make a fucking awesome story which intertwine all the links together. Right now half the bullshit filler stories of social links just make me yawn. Its really not all that hard to do and could offer a shit load of potential replay value to see different elements to the story.

The plot twists at the end of P4 were also pathetic whilst P3 I thought was very very well paced near the end. Also P4's introduction of "guard" pretty much meant you could just steam roll the game with one team. In P3 I was constantly changing due to party members weaknesses.

Both titles really lack in the gameplay department, specifically early game.

I really really really want to do more than:

Party member 1: buff
    Party member 2: heal
    Party member 3: attack
    party member 4: attack/heal

rinse and repeat.

PLEASE ADD MORE ELEMENTS TO THE GAMEPLAY AND BATTLES OR SOMETHING.

Also RPG elements are really dated compared to current RPGs. I want a more personalised protagonist now. Maybe I'm being unfair since P4 is a PS2-era game.

7. BORTZ

OP BORTZ The Amazing
    Supervisor

United States
    I am into August 2011 in Persona 4 already. I like almost everything about it more than I liked P3.

vayanui8, MegaAce™ and weavile001 like this.
  8. InuYasha

United States
    Gotta love Yosuke he cracks me up...

9. BORTZ

OP BORTZ The Amazing
    Supervisor

United States
    Yosuke and Junpei would get along great.

Also the beach scene omg

10. roastable

roastable GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I found P4 to have a lot less twists than P3, but that's not to say I think one story is better than the other. Both are definitely a good experience, but P3 felt more intense whereas P4 was more lighthearted, as others have already said. The choice really is up to the individual playing the game.

Also, dat Gekkoukan High throwback in P4.

11. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

United States
    Indeed. That Chihiro sure aged well...

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - obviously), (spoilers, Finished