Finished installing Modmii!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by chanbog, Dec 21, 2011.

Dec 21, 2011

Finished installing Modmii! by chanbog at 5:31 PM (402 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. chanbog
    OP

Newcomer chanbog Member

Canada
    Hey guys!

I've successfully installed Modmii! yay!! Thanks A LOAD to the xflak and the Modmii crew for making this so easy to accomplish!

What I really want to do now is take FULL ADVANTAGE of my newly modded Wii! I've put a few games into my 500GB HDD (which works wonders), but I know I'll never use up all the space. My HDD is in FAT32 format. Would it be possible for me to put in a few emulators? Can you guys suggest the best ones for me?

And are there any other applications that I could use?

Thanks everyone!

2. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    go to ModMii's download page 2 and check out the Just for Fun apps

cheers

3. chanbog
    OP

Newcomer chanbog Member

Canada
    Oh, okay, but it's telling me to install the apps on my SD card

Since all of my backups are on my HDD, can I install the apps onto there? I see an "apps" folder in my HDD with USBLoader_cfg inside it.

Can I just start putting all my apps in here from now on? or is there a reason why I need to stay with my SD card?

oh, and I'm loading Cfg off my HDD. That's why Cfg is in there.

4. Lucif3r

Member Lucif3r GBAtemp Maniac

Sweden
    Most apps are in .wad format, and need to be installed with MMM or any other wad manager.
    MMM supports installing from USB if you edit the config file. Not sure about other managers.

5. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    As long as your HDD is formatted as FAT32 u can save your apps to the HDD instead of the SD Card. Just change your drive settings in ModMii to your HDD instead of your SD Card before downloading the just for fun apps.

@Lucif3r,
    That's not actually true. Most apps are not in WAD format. All apps are in boot.dol or boot.elf format and compatible with the HBC. People sometimes inject an app's boot.dol into a WAD which can then be installed as a channel, but that isn't the norm mainly because it's inconvenient (takes up a lot of space and is a pain in the ass to update, not to mention many apps require an sd card or FAT32 HDD anyways in order to load\save config data or other things). What is more common is forwarder channels, basically people inject a small forwarder boot.dol into a channel, and when the channel is launched the forwarder boot.dol loads another boot.dol or boot.elf which is specified in the forwarder's code (ie. SD:\apps\usbloader_cfg\boot.dol).

6. Lucif3r

Member Lucif3r GBAtemp Maniac

Sweden
    Oh ye, mixed it up with channels...