Hacking [FINDINGS] Guaranteed block all connections on standby and still use quick start

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's an issue that we can take advantage of, if it weren't there sleep mode would work correctly and so would secret updates the whole point of this is you have quickstart without secret updates

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Quick start works with the WiiU blocked from internet via your router. Can't you simply disable auto updates in the settings? I don't remember an update ever installing without my say so...

KevinX8

Proud user of The Dark Theme
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Quick start works even when the console is powered off (not in standby) and yes this is another click bait thread
Erm you do have to enable standby to enable quick start.... Also I asked the mods to change the title still nothing

KevinX8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Quick start works with the WiiU blocked from internet via your router. Can't you simply disable auto updates in the settings? I don't remember an update ever installing without my say so...
You can't but blocking them should work fine on standby it's just some people think they can't be blocked in standby so I just showed them a way that guarantees no updates in standby but retaining the ability to use quick start

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
Erm you do have to enable standby to enable quick start.... Also I asked the mods to change the title still nothing

I'm pretty sure my console has a red light after i power it off and I still get access to quick start when I push the home button on the gamepad. And tbh mines been setup like that since it was on 5.3.2

KevinX8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok this has went from a sort of useful finding to a finding only useful for paranoid people. I get it '' it's useless, just use DNS blocking XD'' dont need to point it out for the 50th time I was not aware you could block updates and still use multiplayer when I made this thread. I leave this thread at the mercy of the internet

KevinX8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm pretty sure my console has a red light after i power it off and I still get access to quick start when I push the home button on the gamepad. And tbh mines been setup like that since it was on 5.3.2
Yellow light just means its trying to do something while in standby, it will be red when there is nothing to do

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I didn't, and it wasn't.
Well, whatever. What can I do about it? :/
LOL exactly the mods here remove our supposed off topic posts but won't remove this totally pointless and lets not forget misleading thread we are powerless.

Last edited by AmandaRose,
Reactions: AboodXD and peteruk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.