Hacking [FINDINGS] Guaranteed block all connections on standby and still use quick start

D

Deleted-379826

Yep I guess I'd have to agree. I'd probably use haxchi but I don't wanna spend any money xD

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EXACTLY and people are saying '' useless thread shut it down '' I'm trying to show them how useful the bug can be

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
That bug in my opinion, can I don't know, break the Wii U in the long run? I have no idea but that yellow blinking light is not good... lets just avoid it by turning off the stand by options....

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
Will this still work if I have Quick Start disabled on both NANDs and I enable it on SysNAND? In other words, I have Quick Start and Standby disabled when I set up RedNAND and I enable it on SysNAND while RedNAND has it turned off.

KevinX8

Proud user of The Dark Theme
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
That bug in my opinion, can I don't know, break the Wii U in the long run? I have no idea but that yellow blinking light is not good... lets just avoid it by turning off the stand by options....
It means standby mode is basically going in loop trying to start but it cant so it's effectively frozen, it won't have any long term effects it's no different then standby switching on and off normally while the wii u is off. This method allows you to use quick start without getting updates meaning you can play online as DNS blocking is no longer required

KevinX8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Will this still work if I have Quick Start disabled on both NANDs and I enable it on SysNAND? In other words, I have Quick Start and Standby disabled when I set up RedNAND and I enable it on SysNAND while RedNAND has it turned off.
I personally use wup cfw so I wouldn't know how to achieve the glitch on REDNAND exactly but I would say SYSNAND definitely needs to have standby on for quick start to work and REDNAND might need to achieve the blinking light glitch

75mak

Trophies
XP
Country
plugging in and out the power cord IS NOT a recommendable solution, I can see a lot of people having problems with this 'method' down the line. There needs to be a real solution for the yellow/blue freeze problem after running rednand or sysnand with patches.

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
plugging in and out the power cord IS NOT a recommendable solution, I can see a lot of people having problems with this 'method' down the line. There needs to be a real solution for the yellow/blue freeze problem after running rednand or sysnand with patches.
True, we all know that sudden shut down of power may cause serious damage to electronics...

KevinX8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh this is just detailing and exploit we can achieve using it, to prevent it just use the ios ROP reboot homebrew but obviously you cannot use this new cold boot method

Masterwin

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Dns do not block the online system, they only block updates.
Er what DNS settings are you using? All the ones that are recommended block online pay as well so I wouldnt know

Everybody knows that in the scene, good luck

Last edited by Masterwin,
Reactions: huma_dawii

Afraidium

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Er what DNS settings are you using? All the ones that are recommended block online pay as well so I wouldnt know

The two top choices for DNS suggested by this very community allow online play. One is currently down, or was when I last checked, the other albeit a little slow, works as well.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It means standby mode is basically going in loop trying to start but it cant so it's effectively frozen, it won't have any long term effects it's no different then standby switching on and off normally while the wii u is off. This method allows you to use quick start without getting updates meaning you can play online as DNS blocking is no longer required

DNS blocking IS required, the Wii U WILL download a System Update if one exists later on and it WILL apply it on next boot. All I can see is the Wii U attempting to start an update once it goes to standby then bricking because it tried to update before freezing.
I had my Wii U (Standby Off) download 5.4.0 (was on 5.3.2) when I was using it and it installed it automatically the next time I booted. I did not make that mistake again.

Last edited by driverdis,
Reactions: AboodXD

KevinX8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
DNS blocking IS required, the Wii U WILL download a System Update if one exists later on and it WILL apply it on next boot. All I can see is the Wii U attempting to start an update once it goes to standby then bricking because it tried to update before freezing.
The loop prevents it from even trying to download the update nothing will happen it has about 2 seconds in between each loop like I said effectively frozen. It cannot install it automatically it prompts you to install albeit the only option is ok buy if you power cycle you can get around this

Last edited by KevinX8,

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The loop prevents it from even trying to download the update nothing will happen it has about 2 seconds in between each loop like I said effectively frozen

The Wii U will download an update while using the Wii U (not in standby) and will attempt to apply it upon next successful boot (which will be the next successful boot after breaking the loop)

Reactions: AboodXD and Garro

75mak

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh this is just detailing and exploit we can achieve using it, to prevent it just use the ios ROP reboot homebrew but obviously you cannot use this new cold boot method

it's not a new coldboot method.... and i wish you stopped championing it like it was. You need to chill out with the big titles and new "hax".

Yes this is one solution to boot up straight into patched homemenu or rednand.... but it's not new hax and it certainly isn't a solution especially if you have to plug/unplug power cord for quick rebooting.

IMO, most people would just be better off loading haxchi directly from their vc ds app for now.... until a real coldboot solution is found, along with a way to prevent yellow/blue light freeze. This would be good as well as knowing for certain once and for all - if enabling quick start prevents tubehax/chkdns from being activated

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's not a new coldboot method.... and i wish you stopped championing it like it was. You need to chill out with the big titles and new "hax".

Yes this is one solution to boot up straight into patched homemenu or rednand.... but it's not new hax and it certainly isn't a solution especially if you have to plug/unplug power cord for quick rebooting.

IMO, most people would just be better off loading haxchi directly from their vc ds app for now.... until a real coldboot solution is found, along with a way to prevent yellow/blue light freeze. This would be good as well as knowing for certain once and for all - if enabling quick start prevents tubehax/chkdns from being activated

Standby will use the console set DNS (tubehax/chkdns) as if it did not, networks that require a custom DNS setting would not work for Standby mode at all.

KevinX8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

You can get sound the bug like I said with thd ROP ios homebrew so avoiding it is not a problem. I just thought of good use for it but never thought of all the caveats of using it so I guess it's not the best ever but the best we got ATM. At least people who are paranoid of secret updates can be rest assured this bug will stop it from happening

KevinX8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Standby will use the console set DNS (tubehax/chkdns) as if it did not, networks that require a custom DNS setting would not work for Standby mode at all.
I've been telling people that all over but they keep denying it and saying their wii u's secret updated. This finding is really for them if they want to use quick start without standby update option

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended