Hacking [FINDINGS] Guaranteed block all connections on standby and still use quick start

KevinX8

Proud user of The Dark Theme
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If you are afraid your DNS settings will be ignored in standby and you will get a nasty secret update fear no more! Using the newly discovered bug in REDNAND /wup cfw you can still use quick start while guaranteeing no connections to any nasty update servers while on standby. The infamous blinking lights glitch can be used to freeze standby mode and prevent it from making any updates or any connections to anything as when it is frozen it effectively off but if you leave your wii u plugged out longer than 24 hours then standby mode will auto disable itself and so will quick start be disabled. With proper DNS settings and using this bug to freeze standby mode you won't have to worry about your wii u updating and still can use quick start without any problems

Old post below for details on my findings
[HIDE] If you all remember correctly if you were running wup cfw or rednand when you powered off with standby mode enabled this will trigger the infamous yellow/blue flickering lights. During this time the wii u is frozen rendering sleep mode useless. You may be asking why is this a good thing? This is good because that means we can still have quick start but we will not have to worry about surprise updates from nintendo as the wii u can't update when its frozen! Basically at the end of the day this means:

QUICK START (essentially coldboot) - SURPRISE UPDATES + ONLINE PLAY

to begin you must install haxchi from this thread here
to trigger this simply:

1. boot redNAND/wup cfw
2. power off
3. finished!
to boot up again simply:

1. Hold power button
2. press power
3. launch haxchi title from quick start

4. finished!
This is the best coldboot method upto date and it those not require modifying any system files and is therefore brick free! It those not even require you to modify internet settings as standby is completely frozen therefore your able to play online from coldboot WITHOUT changing internet settings!
hope you enjoy my findings!
Welcome to the brick free world of quickstarthax!
[/HIDE]

Last edited by KevinX8,

Informix23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
:grog: good work! this could help to people who doesn't have patience and "need" a fast start :rolleyes:

I'm fine loading iosuhax from web browser :gba:

D

Deleted-379826

You have to plug in and out to start the wii u again because the sleep mode freeze glitch freezes your whole wii u rendering it dead until you plug in and out

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
I was always fine?

KevinX8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
... this is an issue, not coldboot xD
It's an issue that we can take advantage of, if it weren't there sleep mode would work correctly and so would secret updates the whole point of this is you have quickstart without secret updates

Xuman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regardless of the OP's title choice, I have been saying that using quickstart is the best method to begin with. It's literally a 2 second wait from pressing the power button, then the game itself. Then multiboot haxchi lets you pick what you want to do from the jump. I have no qualms with having to get up and physically touch my console (i've been doing that since the snes), and if this glitch really does prevent the wii u from booting in standby to do an update, then i see that it cancels each other out.

Quick start is the best coldboot.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What is this drivel about "secret updates"? It's well known that a very smart move is setting up custom DNS as soon as possible...

KevinX8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
What is this drivel about "secret updates"? It's well known that a very smart move is setting up custom DNS as soon as possible...
This also lets you play games online and still avoid getting updates even better than a custom DNS

D

Deleted-379826

I'm not sure what you mean? You read what I was talking about yes? If you do not have RedNand or wup cfw this is no use to you

I always had RedNand I just meant I never ran into that problem :P

D

Deleted-379826

Never got the yellow/blue blinking light glitch when powering off? You sure you have standby mode enabled and quick start?

I did get the blinking light glitch but if it happens that just requires holding the power button. And a trick I found was if you close the Wii.U with the console itself and not from the gamepad that will not happen :P

KevinX8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I did get the blinking light glitch but if it happens that just requires holding the power button. And a trick I found was if you close the Wii.U with the console itself and not from the gamepad that will not happen :P
Yea but when it THOSE happen it means standby mode is frozen preventing any and all updates which is a GOOD thing. I know there are ways to get around it that's not my point I just found a very good use for it

Reactions: Deleted-379826
D

Deleted-379826

Yea but when it THOSE happen it means standby mode is frozen preventing any and all updates which is a GOOD thing. I know there are ways to get around it that's not my point I just found a very good use for it

Oh cool!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: does WiiVC injector script work on aroma wiiu?