Hardware Finding sound pin/connection for reactive LED on o3DS?

KevAqn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty serious about this idea seeing as how I'm planning on picking up a 3d printer some time and will use it for transparent buttons and such. Where would I find a connection that I could make on the main board that would be usable for a sound reactive LED?

olku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
I would try the speaker connection, because headphone socket might not be active when headphones are not plugged in.

blax722

Trophies
XP
Country
Umm, hey, look at this, especialy at the step 20. Personally I would try to solder the LEDs directly to the point where are speakers soldered to the flex cable (that would on 99% mean the LEDs won't work if you connect the headphones to it), or try with multimeter continuity mode to find pins (if there are any) on the main board where the speakers or headphones leads through the flex cables and so.

olku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
Yes, leds wont work when headphones are connected, to counter it, you have to run led wires to both, speaker and headphone jack.

KevAqn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess the main issue I'm having would be how the hell would I get the system to run while not in a shell such that I could test all the ribbon cables in that little corner?

As for the headphone jack, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't leave that running without something plugged in, and it alone wouldn't have a great enough voltage :(

Last edited by KevAqn,

KevAqn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found the connections I needed to light up an LED, until I get some transparent buttons printed I won't be doing anything.
i2FxO7O.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.