Finding Nemo Prequel

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did Finding Nemo really need a prequel? I want to see it but I don't know how it will turn out obviously.
Monster University on the other hand looks great.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did Finding Nemo really need a prequel? I want to see it but I don't know how it will turn out obviously.
Monster University on the other hand looks great.

I'd argue that the only series Pixar should have never continued (or made for that matter) is Cars, yet that film was their second series to get a sequel, which is just ridiculous. But I have no issue with more Finding Nemo.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I read that Brad Bird doesn't want to make it, and being forced to do it will probably not result in a good movie.
But it really needs one, they left it open to a sequel. It's not like they haven't made a sequel to a movie no one even wanted in the first place
220px-Cars_2_Soundtrack_cover.jpg

Reactions: Silverthorn

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But it really needs one, they left it open to a sequel. It's not like they haven't made a sequel to a movie no one even wanted in the first place
View attachment 2218

I agree, but I wouldn't want the movie to be forced, that would suck. I'm sure one day there will be another Incredibles movie, but probably not anytime soon. In the meantime, I'd like to see more of some of the other franchises that haven't yet had an announcement for a new movie, like A Bugs Life or Wall-E.

Very excited for more Monsters. And I'm sure Finding Dory will be fantastic.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
"AHMAGAHD FINDING NEMO DOESN'T NEED A SEQUEL BLARGH!"

Let's clear up a few things:

1. Plenty of people loved Finding Nemo (My son is almost 3, and he knows all the characters by name)
2. Plenty of people payed to see Finding Nemo
3. Finding Nemo was made 10 years ago. (Holy fuck I feel old) So there are people who were born when this first came out that are able to enjoy this movie now. They are the target audience.
4. If you have the critical thinking skills to consider that it doesn't need a sequel, you are NOT the target audience.
5. Sequels aren't made for the hell of it. They are made with the expectation of it selling as well if not better than the previous movie. Bottom line: They make sequels because you will pay to see them.

Yes, I know, folks have their own opinion, but consider the target audience, and consider that you may not fit that target audience.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
...i really wish this was a sequel. dorys past didnt exactly seem all that nice.

one way or another, this will still be better than 'planes'

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free