• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 3,828
  • Replies 18
D

Deleted User

OP
Hi... xbox 360 noob here. :unsure:
I've been keen to hardmod an x360 to get backups and homebrew for quite some time now, but I have two things troubling me: the first thing is where to actually get an exploitable xbox 360 from (in the UK), and the second thing is where to get the JTAG/RGH hardware from.

A better question is would I be better off just buying a pre-hardmodded 360 instead of wasting money getting all the soldering ,flashing, and hardware materials? Because it looks like I'd have to go through a lot of shit if I do it myself. :O

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All xbox 360 consoles are hackable.
Mine is a 360 E slim. Bought 2/2015. Corona v6 to be exact. I had a Phat but it took a major dump.
One of the issues you will face will be to mod online or not to mod online???
Pre modded consoles are great if you don't want to got through the hassle. But honestly for me half of the fun was putting it together.
I think I bought my rgh2 and postfix stuff from ozmod's.
If you plan on going online then you will probably want to make sure you get a dual nand setup. This way you can boot unmodded for online and modded for offline....(not how I do it but everyone else seems to get banned when they go online)
I have had my own stealth server going for over a year now and have yet to have my KV banned. <<---Interesting huh? Maybe just real lucky.
Or maybe because I don't really enter any public lobbies while doing it.

Honestly @DinohScene is probably the best person to talk to about this......Pretty sure there is a sticky thread about modding your xbox there somewhere.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
All xbox 360 consoles are hackable.
Mine is a 360 E slim. Bought 2/2015. Corona v6 to be exact. I had a Phat but it took a major dump.
One of the issues you will face will be to mod online or not to mod online???
Pre modded consoles are great if you don't want to got through the hassle. But honestly for me half of the fun was putting it together.
I think I bought my rgh2 and postfix stuff from ozmod's.
If you plan on going online then you will probably want to make sure you get a dual nand setup. This way you can boot unmodded for online and modded for offline....(not how I do it but everyone else seems to get banned when they go online)
I have had my own stealth server going for over a year now and have yet to have my KV banned. <<---Interesting huh? Maybe just real lucky.
Or maybe because I don't really enter any public lobbies while doing it.

Honestly @DinohScene is probably the best person to talk to about this......Pretty sure there is a sticky thread about modding your xbox there somewhere.
Thanks for the info.
I don't really go online with my 360 anymore, anyway.
But what about the dashboard version? I also have a Slim E, but my dashboard version is the most recent version. Does that affect a hardmod?

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by FaTaL_ErRoR,
Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
I don't remember which version is the latest but I am pretty sure I am using the latest dash. I dunno, I am not at home at the moment, I'll check and let you know....But pretty sure the latest version is ok.
Thank you. :)

Did you say you used rgh2 to hardmod your xbox?

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah, before you buy better check to make sure you don't have a winchester board. As there is currently (and probably never will be) no way to rgh that board.
So I guess there is one type that cannot be exploited.
A good bit of consoles manufactured after august of 2014 have the winchester board.
Although, mine was a 500gb console purchased january of 2015 has a corona v6 board. So, I guess that is why I never heard of the winchester board before.
I am using a demon dual nand chip Pretty sure I am on v2.0.
Anyway, check that console before you buy stuff. If all is good then buy away. If not, sell yours and buy one already modded. Easy enough right?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I haven been out of the hacking scene for a few months now due to some private issues tho.

But baseline is, Xenon and Zephyr, better throw those in the wheelie bin.
Falcon is doable.
Jasper/Kronos and Trinity are the preffered.
Corona v1 to v6, prepare to spend more money.
Winchester, it's exploitable, same price as the Corona v5 etc (no 4GB kits)

Arpit1

Trophies
XP
Country
India
I haven been out of the hacking scene for a few months now due to some private issues tho.

But baseline is, Xenon and Zephyr, better throw those in the wheelie bin.
Falcon is doable.
Jasper/Kronos and Trinity are the preffered.
Corona v1 to v6, prepare to spend more money.
Winchester, it's exploitable, same price as the Corona v5 etc (no 4GB kits)
Bro I bought an Xbox dated 15/9/15 and it probably has Winchester, so how can it be modded?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still waiting on my damn 1.5tb card
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I could probably add more PS1 games hmmm
    Ken I seen some 2TB cards on Amazon for like 30 bucks you should order one lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By the time my 1.5 card arrives they'll have 2tb sd
    The company was iScam or something
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sold by xdjfwhwjehsbau 80% feedback?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or jeyjong inc
    I watched a YouTube video the guy bought a couple of them
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just buy used flash storage run drill disk for fun
    They show up as 2TB in windows but really like 128GBs just reporting the space wrong lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fbi open up
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember my high-school teacher letting me break old floppy was fun I was like what's the students name ma'am
    Lol I remember in tech school the teacher challenged me to get into his system in class I used Hirens and while he was making a speech about how hacking was not like the movies I told him "I'm in" lol he turned around in absolute shock
    +1
    He thought he had like 20-30 minutes it took me a reboot and deleting the SAM file a reboot and that is it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Should've said hack into the schools internet
    I miss when security was an absolute joke lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah now we gotta actually ask people for wifi passwords
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    frfr
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Lol I've done that. Got around the school's WiFi.
    +1
    You can still crack WiFi it just is more work than it used to be lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Madden 04 is finally worth $2
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Madden 04 is finally worth $2 +1