Sogdiana
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Right now I'm in a huge financial crap... I have no money in my bank, and I am expected to pay a $500 rent in the next week. I do have a $9 per hour job, but the cheque does not come in until 3 weeks. I don't have a credit card, I was a student. Is there anyone who know how to get a load of a quick emergency loan? Thanks.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
First things first do not go to a loanshark.

That over jaxxster already did the loan from bank line and it is a route I suggest you go down (if you can go overdrawn below the interest generating limit and take less loan). 3 weeks is a bit much for most payday advance places as well.

Might I suggest speaking to the landlord (I do not know yours but they are usually got about these things, especially recent or current students) and offering to pay whatever you can as well (unless of course you already did that either this time or recently), I am guessing $500 is a month or else I would say try and split it.

Finally keep it cool and try tightening your belt, very rarely do these things go south if you do that.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't know how it is up there, but around here, landlords can't boot you out without a LOT of lawyer work. Especially not for a late payment of the rent. You may have to pay a late fee, but two weeks is not so bad in most landlords eyes that I've dealt with. I'd contact the landlord first, or if he's faceless, contact "his" office, and explain the situation in minor detail, tell them when you will have the money, and make sure the payment after this on is on time. As long as this isn't habitual, you should be granted a little grace period... I'd think, anyway.

Mehdi

Lemonade by Psyfira
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
dude 500 for rent alone?!?!!? wtf thats hellla expensive. I suggest you do what Fast says and afterwards find a cheaper place.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
As FAST6191 said don't go to a loan shark. If you need to borrow use your bank to get a loan, don't get a credit card either. Going to other places for a loan they may charge you more interest, or if you get the loan protected they may only pay it for 12 months if you loose your job or become ill. The bank will pay it for the life of the loan.

The landlord can't just chuck you out on the street if your paying your rent late, its against the law. Explain your situation and tell him when hes getting his money. If he doesn't understand, you should have a few weeks to find somewhere else to live and let him whistle for his rent money.

Xeijin

Trophies
Website
www.xeijin.org
XP
Country
dude 500 for rent alone?!?!!? wtf thats hellla expensive. I suggest you do what Fast says and afterwards find a cheaper place.

Its $500 CAD that's less than USD I think, that's not so bad for rent.

As the others said, I'm sure you'd be able to get some kind of grace period as long as you don't make a habit it of they should be fine. 9/10 they'd rather have the money off you then boot you out and go through the process of finding a new tenant etc.

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Be sure to check the interest on any borrowing you do - don't get caught out with stupid rates, you'll just dig yourself deeper and deeper into the..... mire.

I'm sure most landlords will be agreeable to a "one-off" late payment of rent - just make sure it doesn't become a habit and if you manage to get an agreement to make a later payment, make sure you keep to it.

While you're in the poop, cut back on EVERYTHING that isn't essential, I mean really essential.

I sympathise with you, I have been there several times myself - sometimes for thousands and thousands of pounds. With a little bit of hardship and self-denial now hopefully you will pull yourself out of the hole without sinking any deeper. The trick after that is not to let yourself fall into another hole (like I did).

Good luck - hope you manage to sort yourself out soon.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
there is one word of advice i have for you, budget you money! it's not hard to do and you will always have money in your pocket! always put money aside for situations like this.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
there is one word of advice i have for you, budget you money! it's not hard to do and you will always have money in your pocket! always put money aside for situations like this.
Not only is that advice vague, but it's more than one word.
nyanya.gif

You know you can easily live off less than $1 a day in food expenses. Rice, instant noodles, and beans are really cheap in bulk.

ShoFly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow won't get a pay check for 3 weeks? Hope you have enough money with that to cover next months rent as it will be right around the corner! You had to have just gotten paid recently, where did all that money go if you knew rent was upcoming?
Make sure your priorities are in line and manage your money better. Could look into a credit card for future backup. And if needed, Ramon noodles are the poor boys savior
smile.gif

Westside

Sogdiana
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Holy crap, thanks guys. I didn't expect this many replies. I might wait till the pay day. The reason that the pay is late is because I just got employed... I've been out of the army for sometime and was homeless for 4 days (I quit recently cuz of the news of the 6 dead Canadian soldiers, yes I'm a wuss...
cry.gif
) I rented motels for some time, but it was $100 per night even at a rather crappy one
wacko.gif
wacko.gif
wacko.gif
. Also the $500 includes all utilities and $200 of the $500 is a deposit. The rent is $300 including all utilities. In Toronto, a usual rent for one bedroom is actually $1000. I might test the patience of my landlord. Also the last option is always join the mafia.

I absolutely hate instant noodles (I don't hate normal Ramen), but if that's the only way to go. I haven't eaten in 3 days as I ate one compressed bread I took from the army 3 days ago. 1 compressed bread (size of a cookie) = 1 loaf of bread, inreturn, I won't have to go to bathroom for a week. Also the new job pays $1400 a month so once I get started, I will start living like a celebrity. Just thinking about the beautiful food made me drool in front the public computer's screen...
drool.gif
now everyone is looking at me....
frown.gif

Also, CIBC was a jerk in giving loans. I needed to have a slary of over $36,000 a year. Dude, I was a militant in University...

Also, I think the landlord will be somewhat racists against me... He might treat me differently as I'm a Muslim and he's a Jew.
frown.gif

Westside

Sogdiana
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Thanks. I will explain. For the next week I will be working my ass off, I will disappear from this board. However, in one week I will update my status and tell you guys if I'm alive or not.
smile.gif

Also I don't have any new underwear or socks... I will stink for a week or so. My presence will offend.
frown.gif
... Especially ladies who will stare at me and say "ewww...."

modshroom128

Trophies
Website
modshroom128.imgur.com
XP
Country
United States
Right now I'm in a huge financial crap... I have no money in my bank, and I am expected to pay a $500 rent in the next week. I do have a $9 per hour job, but the cheque does not come in until 3 weeks. I don't have a credit card, I was a student. Is there anyone who know how to get a load of a quick emergency loan? Thanks.
hehehe, im 15.

i live with my parents.
they buy my food.
they pay for my house.
life is good.

Whyamiy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
hehehe, im 15.

i live with my parents.
they buy my food.
they pay for my house.
life is good.

hmmmm, I was like that just 4 years ago, however I'm now 19 and :-

I live with my parents.
I Buy there food
I pay for my house
I get yelled at daily by my gf for letting them stay so long
Life is ------- strange...
huh.gif

They got in a financial rut too and I gave them all the spare cash I had but it wasn't enough, they never really 'managed' their money too well, I was self empolyed until this happened, now I'm a partenership with my gf and I employ my Mam and dad! talk about role reversal
rofl2.gif

Digeman

Trophies
XP
Country
Right now I'm in a huge financial crap... I have no money in my bank, and I am expected to pay a $500 rent in the next week. I do have a $9 per hour job, but the cheque does not come in until 3 weeks. I don't have a credit card, I was a student. Is there anyone who know how to get a load of a quick emergency loan? Thanks.

hehehe, im 15.

i live with my parents.
they buy my food.
they pay for my house.
life is good.

Totally uncalled for
rolleyes.gif

Anyways dude i wish you the best of luck and remember, don't stop fighting!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: happy birth +1