Hacking Finaly... WOOD For TT... REAL and Working!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

animex2k9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kooltilldend said:
animex2k9 said:
Try renaming the TTMENU.DAT of WOOD4TT to these names

_AX_MENU.DAT (MoonShell)
_DS_MENU.DAT (MoonShell)
_DS_MENU.SYS (MoonShell)
_DS_MSHL.NDS (MoonShell executable)

Try one by one. But I think it's _DS_MENU.DAT

I thought R4 Clones cannot replace the original firmware? i.e. it has to be secondary boot...anyways I'll try it nonetheless

cheers for your help mate!

I also got R4i clone and it uses moonshell to boot the firmware. This is what I did and it works.

kooltilldend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
animex2k9 said:
kooltilldend said:
animex2k9 said:
Try renaming the TTMENU.DAT of WOOD4TT to these names

_AX_MENU.DAT (MoonShell)
_DS_MENU.DAT (MoonShell)
_DS_MENU.SYS (MoonShell)
_DS_MSHL.NDS (MoonShell executable)

Try one by one. But I think it's _DS_MENU.DAT

I thought R4 Clones cannot replace the original firmware? i.e. it has to be secondary boot...anyways I'll try it nonetheless

cheers for your help mate!

I also got R4i clone and it uses moonshell to boot the firmware. This is what I did and it works.

hmm not working for me though I'm afraid...changing the other 3 files gives the same old white screens while changing the _DS_MSHLNDS file just boots into a "normal" (?) mode which basically can't play any of the new games

anyhow so for your own setup, are you using MoonShell to boot the DS and then switch to Wood or are you actually booting directly into Wood? (i.e. no MoonShell involved)

bcoz when I do the former, I get two white screens while when I try the latter (as I just did)...it simply won't work

animex2k9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm booting directly to WOOD4TT. I don't have anything else in my mms. I only got the iLL.iL (which is the TTMENU.DAT of WOOD4TT) , __rpg folder and my Games folder. That's all. I've removed my old firmware folders and files.

OT: Have you tried the Mixed YSMenu I gave you?

kooltilldend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
ok then I'll try doing the same thing but with renaming the dat file to moonshell instead

cheers!

p.s. btw how did you find out that iLL.iL is the right name for you? or can you put in any name u want?

oh and haven't tried the mixed YSMenu yet...been too stuck up with Wood sigh
frown.gif

animex2k9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kooltilldend said:
ok then I'll try doing the same thing but with renaming the dat file to moonshell instead

cheers!

p.s. btw how did you find out that iLL.iL is the right name for you? or can you put in any name u want?

oh and haven't tried the mixed YSMenu yet...been too stuck up with Wood sigh
frown.gif

Well, iLL.iL is the default boot loader of my cart. R4i (ndsiLL.net) clone.

kooltilldend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
no I mean is there any method to finding out what the boot loader is? I understand you don't know but if there's something I can do to find out using the DS then I'd def pull it off!

animex2k9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, for R4 it's just one single file. But yours if different. You got 4 files in the root of your mms. Well, you've tried renaming the TTMENU.DAT to those files right? I'm not sure about what to do anymore to know your boot loader.

kooltilldend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
yeah I tried changing TTMenu to each one but no dice

oh well guess it can't be helped...back to YSMenu I go then!

cheers for your help nonetheless!

p.s. I got another q...is there any way I can secondary boot Wood just like YSMenu? that should be a lot more simpler I imagine (if it works that is)

animex2k9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kooltilldend said:

p.s. I got another q...is there any way I can secondary boot Wood just like YSMenu? that should be a lot more simpler I imagine (if it works that is)

No problem. I guess you can now try the file I've gave you. XD

kooltilldend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
animex2k9 said:
kooltilldend said:

You can rename the TTMENU.DAT of WOOD4TT to *.nds (* = any name you want.)

nope still gives me 2 white screens (secondary booting that is)

alright time to try your files then lol

animex2k9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kooltilldend said:
animex2k9 said:
kooltilldend said:

You can rename the TTMENU.DAT of WOOD4TT to *.nds (* = any name you want.)

nope still gives me 2 white screens (secondary booting that is)

alright time to try your files then lol

You can rename the TTMENU.DAT of WOOD4TT to *.nds (* = any name you want.) and just load it from your default firmware (N5) like any other ds games. You can also try the WOOD4M3. Download it here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ETWP22YS. Try and see if that will work on you.

QUOTE(Elvarg @ Mar 4 2011, 11:31 PM)
you guys are going to get nowhere renaming files the whole TTMENU.dat was re-written....

Well, renaming works for me.

animex2k9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, we're talking about the TTMENU.DAT of WOOD4TT. I've renamed it to my default boot loader, iLL.iL.

kooltilldend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
animex2k9 said:
You can rename the TTMENU.DAT of WOOD4TT to *.nds (* = any name you want.) and just load it from your default firmware (N5) like any other ds games. You can also try the WOOD4M3. Download it here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ETWP22YS. Try and see if that will work on you.

Elvarg said:
you guys are going to get nowhere renaming files the whole TTMENU.dat was re-written....

Well, renaming works for me.

no luck still...also I tried using your YSMenu (bit OT but its a solo post so its ok I suppose) and its no better than RGF's 6.52...i.e. it works with Pokemon games fine (but so does RGF's version) however it doesn't work with the currently non-working games (like Combat Of Giants - Mutant Insects which I tried)...am gonna try Jam With The Band and if it works, I'll update in RGF's thread

As for Wood...neither renaming nor primary booting works me...I'm guessing the problem is N5 but then its a 100% DSTT clone afaik so yeah, not sure where the problem lies

oh and M3 version won't work for me...the whole setup of M3 is very different from N5 as even the M3 version of YSMenu do not work for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/rVUjbpqsE_M?si=xx-48GSacwRiKHU_ Hole in Ass