Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys,
Finally ordered a d2ckey with wiiclip from techsick. The good thing is, they solder the Wiiclip and d2ckey for you, bad thing is it cost me 100bucks, but it's garanteed for a whole year so if anything happens(eg:burns out) I can replace it!! Any ways, I wanted to know if there is anything bad about d2ckey(Don't say it cant update cause it can!check d2ckey.com), and if super mario galaxy and other games work on it perfectly without any patching of some sort(eg:just burn the iso on the dvd with imgburn). Also I downloaded 1iso till now(my internets sooo frickin slow it took me a week), metroid prime 3. Does it work without any patching?
Thanks in advance
grog.gif

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, considering it's only 100 US dollars ... the US dollar being weaker than a kitten on chemo ... and they did all the soldering for you ... all you are going to have to do is open the Wii ... hope you have a tri-wing ... and clip the thing in ... and you say they have given you a 1-year warranty on parts ... I don't think you did too badly.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
superrob said:
D2CKey requires 30 wires to install. And many is installed directly to the IC unless he uses a FlexPCB.
Anyway its not an ripoff.

Apparently he's using a WiiClip.

I think it's a ripoff though, but if you can't do it yourself...

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you can't solder at all , then I wouldn't get too happy about d2ckey team saying if needed ,a update could be done for it using the d2prog , there is no connectors on the chip at all , apart from the jtag ones on the bottom. So even if they came out with an update , then you'll need to solder to use it.

pokemongalaxy

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Armadillo said:
If you can't solder at all , then I wouldn't get too happy about d2ckey team saying if needed ,a update could be done for it using the d2prog , there is no connectors on the chip at all , apart from the jtag ones on the bottom. So even if they came out with an update , then you'll need to solder to use it.
well therere installers nearby, so if anything happens ill bring it to them for help. Hopefully I wont need to cuz it'll cost me big bucks...

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
pokemongalaxy said:
Hey guys,
Finally ordered a d2ckey with wiiclip from techsick. The good thing is, they solder the Wiiclip and d2ckey for you, bad thing is it cost me 100bucks, but it's garanteed for a whole year so if anything happens(eg:burns out) I can replace it!! Any ways, I wanted to know if there is anything bad about d2ckey(Don't say it cant update cause it can!check d2ckey.com), and if super mario galaxy and other games work on it perfectly without any patching of some sort(eg:just burn the iso on the dvd with imgburn). Also I downloaded 1iso till now(my internets sooo frickin slow it took me a week), metroid prime 3. Does it work without any patching?
Thanks in advance
grog.gif
Good choice paying more for guarantee, I did the same

finite

Trophies
XP
Country
Personally I wouldn't of bought one now that alternatives are available

d2ckey.com "However, due to the way that D2CKey interacts with the drive, there is not much that can be changed via an update"

pokemongalaxy

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
finite said:

d2ckey.com "However, due to the way that D2CKey interacts with the drive, there is not much that can be changed via an update"
well good point, but all I care about is that it CAN update. Mainly, what do you guys use your mod chips for?(region free,backups...etc.)

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
pokemongalaxy said:
finite said:

well good point, but all I care about is that it CAN update. Mainly, what do you guys use your mod chips for?(region free,backups...etc.)
Actually that wasn't a good point
When Nintendo patched Modchips using Mario Galaxy they where also able to fix it with an update

pokemongalaxy

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hit said:
pokemongalaxy said:
finite said:

Actually that wasn't a good point
When Nintendo patched Modchips using Mario Galaxy they where also able to fix it with an update
?Hey can you please give me more info about nintendo patching mod chips with mario galaxy?Cuz I didnt understand... Thanks in advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1