finally, the English Version of Digimon Masters Online announc

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by lenitao, Aug 4, 2011.

1. lenitao
    OP

Member lenitao GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Check this game out everyone, it's really great. More or less something like a Pokemon MMORPG but with Digimon. The 1st game was awesome and the English version of the sequel is coming soon, so check this out if you like MMORPG's or Pokemon.

official site: http://www.joymax.com/dmo/

trailer:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7ocVLsa15Q[/youtube]

It all started when a team of Korean digimon fans (Digitalic) decided to make a Digimon MMORPG on their own, called ''Digimon RPG''. The beta became so popular in Korea and Japan, that Namco Bandai and JoyMax decided to make the game official and develop an English version called ''Digimon Battle''. The game got a sequel about 1 year ago, Digimon Masters which is coming out in English in just a few days. Game is more or less free, but you pay real money if you want some extra storage room for Digimon and items, faster leveling up and access to special characters. Another special thing is the challenging capture rate of the Digimon, which is like 0.1%.

[​IMG]

Digimon Masters Online is fully based on the original story and characters in the TV anime series and includes over 1,000 characters in the original work. You will choose one of the characters and a partner Digimon to begin your game, and you can collect new digimons as you progress. Different to Digimon Battle, Digimon Masters features real time combat system and better 3D graphics. More information about Digimon Masters Online can be found at the official site.

[​IMG]

source: IGN and mmoNEWS

2. 1234turtles

Member 1234turtles GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    it actually looks good

3. Ikki

Member Ikki GBATemp's grumpy panda.

Uruguay
    I'm so getting that game when I buy my new PC

4. Narayan

Member Narayan desu~

Philippines
    is this game limited to a region or it's international?

5. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    I'll think about it, never liked the show but always liket the "World" games, excluding the DS ones.

6. lenitao
    OP

United States
    there is a Korean/Japanese/Chinese version which was released much earlier, like 1 year ago

English version is for the rest of the world and it's coming in 4 days or smth

at least that is the case with the previous game, English players could not meet Japanese players in the game, like 2 independant versions

7. Narayan

Member Narayan desu~

Philippines
    ah, i see thanks.

btw, i know about not meeting other players. since the Philippines has it's own servers for imported mmorpgs. (eg. RFO-Ph, RO-Ph, Gunbound-Ph)

8. Valfore

Newcomer Valfore Advanced Member

Australia
    could this mean actual hope for an English release of Dragonball Online also, being both bandai games?

9. FireEmblemGuy

Member FireEmblemGuy Finally hit 1000 posts

United States
    The site goes by Korean Standard Time, so the beta is open starting today (servers may not be up yet to join the game). Just go to their site (http://www.joymax.com/dmo/), register an account, and download the client.

Also, the specs required are pretty low despite how lood the previews look. Basically, if you've got a computer with half gig of RAM, a Pentium 4 or newer processor, and a video card capable of DX9 (the site only recommends a Geforce 6200 or higher), you're good to go.

Surprised we got this so fast, really; Digimon Battle only came out here about a year and a half ago.

10. lenitao
    OP

United States
    the game was supposed to be playable until now, but from what I understand they have some problems with their serves so people couldn't log in

the said they'll fix it as soon as possible so we can play, sounds stupid though : P

it's true that graphics are really great for the specs, wonder how they do that