Wiiwu

OP
Trophies
Website
mmm4wii.posterous.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I think this deserve to be highlighted specially for people gaming from the USB drives this is big news.

Now thanks to the latest just released v46 of Configurable USB Loader, we don't have to partition our USB hdd to WBFS anymore. or mess aroung with all the WBFS managers.

We can now store the games as single files on a normal reliable FAT partition, being on FAT we can use Windows Explorer, or any management tools we like, we can also defragment or backup it easily.

If you haven't already know, check it out at http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147638

NReale3370

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the installer automatically divides game into 2GB segments, I've been using it since the alpha and it works flawlessly, even with dual-layer games!

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
going on what markehmus said, are the games scrubbed?

and the title of the post says no more managers, i guess this isnt really true if you need an installer to copy the games on, and as such, off.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WBFSDriive driver can also eliminate need for managers too. I'll take the space saving features of WBFS over reliability/ease-of-use of FAT/NTFS any day when it comes to wii backups.

Wiiwu

OP
Trophies
Website
mmm4wii.posterous.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
People in this case, change is for the good. We just need to do a 1 time conversion of games to our fat partition and now we can resize the partition with any tools, we can just grab that 1 game file and pass it on or back it up.

The tools are there in the release thread, and the file in your FAT partition actually takes up the same space or smaller than in the WBFS partition. This has been tested and confirmed.

WBFS partiton format is still has its problem, look at the threads related to WBFS issues. Over here, http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=185...t&p=2348304, developer have study it and found issues with it and the library supporting it.

FAT partition has been around for ages, choose a reliable file system to keep your games.

NReale3370

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I can confirm that the games are scrubbed...as I understand it each game is in its own little wbfs filesystem in each file

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm hoping this ends up being more a proof of concept. Through what I can see this would work on any filesystem that the ehci module supports, so in the long run this might work on a decent fs or NTFS (which would be much more convenient).

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
loading games from ntfs should be just the same as from FAT. the issue being now that there are still bugs in the ntfs library. once it works right, you should be able to use it easily.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The main issue that stops NTFS from being used is that no one has written an IOS compatable with that system yet. Hermes 222/223 cIOS supports Fat32 which has allowed this development to take place.

transam81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i own 31 games, once i have them backed up on wbfs i delete them off my PC. meaning i only have them on my wbfs hdd. if i can't get them back onto ntfs or fat, how wiill this help me?

Posts merged

i'm all for change and reliability is always a good thing, but....

i own 31 games, once i have them backed up on wbfs i delete them off my PC. meaning i only have them on my wbfs hdd plus the retail. if i can't get them back onto ntfs or fat, how wiill this help me?

it would really be a long drawn out pain if i have to dump each game all over again.

NReale3370

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
transam81 said:
i own 31 games, once i have them backed up on wbfs i delete them off my PC. meaning i only have them on my wbfs hdd. if i can't get them back onto ntfs or fat, how wiill this help me?

Posts merged

i'm all for change and reliability is always a good thing, but....

i own 31 games, once i have them backed up on wbfs i delete them off my PC. meaning i only have them on my wbfs hdd plus the retail. if i can't get them back onto ntfs or fat, how wiill this help me?

it would really be a long drawn out pain if i have to dump each game all over again.

You can indeed! If you check in the configurable USB loader thread they've released a tool called wbfs_file that converts pretty much anything to the new format I had 7 games on a flash drive i batch converted, worked like a charm

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night