finally no longer just a reader

Dimesyo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I read that it is customary to introduce yourself when entering these forums so that I don't just jump in and hijack a thread out of left field. I have a newly modded Wii running 4.3U. It is an older Wii that I bought new within a couple months of launch. I used ModMii and selected Virgin Wii to soft mod it using Lego Indiana Jones. I have CFG USB Loader installed and it is working great but I also would like to play gamecube backups. I understand that it is only possible to play gamecube backups through backup discs and not USB loading (yet?). I have been doing a lot of reading to this goal, but I am not certain exactly how to achieve this with my current setup. I would like to use Neogamma (because I understand this is the best for GC backups and ModMii) but I do not know what Modmii exactly installed during the soft mod in terms of patched IOS's and stuff. If I need to install a patched IOS which one is most compatible with Modmii? And which slot would I install it to? And would this impede any functions of the USB loader? and I think I would need a patched Mios to run the gamecube backups and I don't know which one to use and how or where to install that. I'm sorry for my noob questions, I have been doing my best to understand, I just need a bit more help. Also since I only have a vague idea, a list of everything I would need and maybe how to do it would be really great, but I'm not tryiing to be greedy, any info would be immensely appreciated. Thanks!

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hey hey
happy.gif

Welcome to the Temp!
Remember one thing, if you break the rules, you will be forced to answer to The Angry Bear Cavalry
yay.gif

Enjoy your stay!
mthrnitesmiley.gif

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Welcome to the temp, Honestly, I'm running out of
grog.gif

QUOTE said:
... jump in and hijack a thread out of left field.

Oops, that's exactly what I did when I joined. Never did write an intro.
biggrin.gif

BTW: I don't use modmii for that exact reason, you don't know what your installing. I modded my wii manually, with Dop-Mii and cIOSx Installer.

To play gamecube backups, you'll need a cMIOS.
--> Download this and run it. I presume you do know how to run elfs or dols. http://filetrip.net/g25122823-cMIOS-Installer.html And what cIOS do you have to run CFG, Waninkoko's or Hermes' ?

Stevetry

Most perverted person in GBATEMP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
Hey hey
happy.gif

Welcome to the Temp!
Remember one thing, if you break the rules, you will be forced to answer to The Angry Bear Cavalry
yay.gif

Enjoy your stay!
mthrnitesmiley.gif

in soviet Russia the rules break youuuuuuuuuuu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr