finally jailbroke my 4s; have some general questions.

Discussion in 'iPhone, iPod & iPad' started by placebooooo, Apr 1, 2014.

1. placebooooo
    OP

placebooooo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 9, 2013
    United States
    Philadelphia
    I have these questions that I am dying to know/ get help with. It would be great if you guys could help out:

1.) I just downloaded movie box, and retro arch. Both of these two apps are square in shape and stand out horribly. Could i get around this? (i have no themes installed)
    2.) Retroarch actually runs exceptionally well on my 4s, but it does have some graphic flaws in n64 games which were not present in the iphone 5 when emulating n64 on my mom's phone. Is there something I can do about this (plugins or something at all?)
    3.)how many tweaks can i install until my phone begins to become choppy. I currently have activator, nitrous, swipe selection, f.lux, chromedownload manager, graviboard, winterboard, zephyr, and other apps such as battery doctor pro, movie box,ifile, and icleaner pro.
    4.) How much ram is good to be left on my idevice? I currently have 190 mb free ram with the tweaks/apps mentioned above.
    5.) I plan to install, auxo, active dock, and intelliscreenx6, colorkeyboard, folderenhancerm and beytafont. Will the performance of my device be affected with what i already have installed?
    6.)Finally, I would like to ask about theming. I would love to theme my device. But i remember people saying that winterboard and themes cause trouble. I plan to install ayecon, and reshape my icons with iconoclasm. What would you advise me to do about theming?
    By the way, I have ios 6.1.3 in case anyone was wondering and in case it makes a difference.
    you do not know how appreciative I am to you guys. Thank you very much!

2. link491

link491 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 17, 2010
    Canada
    Canada
    since i don't know much about newer iphones (im on a 3gs) i can't help yo with the last 5 questions, but the first one is easy to get around, though it may require a bit of skill with ifile. what you want to do is find the directory where the apps are installed, email the icon images to yourself, edit them to be the way you want in photoshop, and then replace the originals using an ssh program (i'd recommend WinSCP)

hope this helped

placebooooo likes this.
  3. placebooooo
    OP

placebooooo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 9, 2013
    United States
    Philadelphia
    Woah, i posted this several months ago and got around most of this. but thanks for the reply though :)