Finally! Hack for Japanese Colosseum Bonus Disc for US games!

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by daltonlaffs, Sep 11, 2010.

1. suloku

suloku GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 28, 2008
    Darkyose likes this.
  2. Darkyose

Darkyose True Light

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Nowhere.
  3. Jay_

Jay_ Member

Newcomer
    Jan 28, 2016
    United States
  4. Matrix789

Matrix789 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 22, 2016
    Italy
    Hi guys, I am new to the Pokemon world, so I apologize if something is not completely clear to me.

I was reading this topic looking for a way to obtain a legal Celebi and I found the save file (in Spanish) with the one with Japanese name etc.
    I wanted to trade the Pokemon to one of my gba games, using Dolphin and VBA Link emulators. The only problem is that my pc is way too old and it's impossible to play Colosseum. I was then wondering if one of you guys was able to trade it for me and then send me the .sav file. It doesn't matter what kind of game and what kind of save file it is, I just need it as a bridge between Colosseum and my game.

Thank you so much for your help!

5. Darkyose

Darkyose True Light

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Nowhere.
    So... I did change the values... but it doesn't detect it...(the game save file)
    What can I do?

Last edited by Darkyose, Mar 22, 2016
  6. suloku

Apr 28, 2008
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ys2c23mkl...afiro (S)(Independent)-9_allnational.sav?dl=0

This savefile contains a Japanesse colosseum bonus disk celebi, obtained with the method described in this thread. I has a full legit pokedex too (except for mew, which can be transfered to gen 6, but it should be japanesse to be legit since it is an old sea map mew from spanish game). It also has pokemon channel jirachi.

The original trainers are the same, what might change is nature/IVs. Might work for you even if it is not the celebi you received.
    Provide more information, you didn't say what you did exactly (i.e. screenshot of what you edited in the iso in hex editor).

7. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    I started the bonus disc on dios mios emulator for wii. The ios start perfect but when i choose Pokémon Colosseum in the ingame menu nothing happens.

8. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    Please explain again. I have the same problem like the guy you were talking with. But idk what i have to do with my save file :(

9. Darkyose

Darkyose True Light

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Nowhere.
    Lol

Last edited by Darkyose, Mar 28, 2016
  10. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    I managed to get it work lol.

11. Darkyose

Darkyose True Light

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Nowhere.
    [QUOTE="suloku, post: 6196201, member: 123898"Provide more information, you didn't say what you did exactly (i.e. screenshot of what you edited in the iso in hex editor).[/QUOTE] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited by Darkyose, Mar 28, 2016
  12. suloku

Apr 28, 2008
    xactly (i.e. screenshot of what you
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][/QUOTE]

Seems everything is fine. Did you use a usa save with all 48 shadow pokemon purified?

13. Darkyose

Darkyose True Light

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Nowhere.
    Seems everything is fine. Did you use a usa save with all 48 shadow pokemon purified?[/QUOTE]
    Yeah! It even had the Ho-oh.

14. suloku

Apr 28, 2008
    Yeah! It even had the Ho-oh.[/QUOTE]
    Havr you made sure dolphin is using your mc?
    Dolphin uses a different mc file for each region.

15. Darkyose

Darkyose True Light

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Nowhere.
    Havr you made sure dolphin is using your mc?
    Dolphin uses a different mc file for each region.[/QUOTE]
    Umm... this is a Modded Wii...

16. WizardDani

WizardDani Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2008
    Um... Is there any way I can do this WITHOUT using Dolphin? My Wii reads the edited Japanese disk iso from my usb perfectly fine (using Nintendont), but it won't recognize my PAL save file in my GC memory card physically inserted in Slot A in my Wii (same screenshot as the last guy that posted in page 3). Dolphin, AFAIK, is useful for those of you who have devices that let you connect your physical games or memory cards to the computer and edit them... Well, I don't have such thing, just a USB with games and an SD with Homebrew.

EDIT: Yes, I've correctly edited the iso file and I do have completed the game. I've even captured Ho-Oh.

Last edited by WizardDani, May 15, 2016
  17. Fishaman P

Fishaman P Speedrunner

Jan 2, 2010
    United States
    Wisconsin
    Dolphin is useful for anyone with Wii homebrew. GCMM dumps and restores GC memory card saves to an SD Card, which the Dolphin computer reads.

WizardDani likes this.
  18. suloku

Apr 28, 2008
    I used real hardware just fine, but as alternative you may try to dump your save to gci and change the save region to jap (there's a program out there for that), then restore it and try to use a clean bonus disk iso. It should work I guess.

I recall testing the edited iso with nintendont and it worked fine though.

Also, if you are using an eur game, try setting the language to english, I recall having to do that at some point.

ps: make a backup of your save before editing!

WizardDani likes this.
  19. WizardDani

WizardDani Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2008
    Thanks guys.

This is very weird. I've just downloaded a completed Japanese save file and have redownloaded the original Japanese bonus disk. Having restored that Japanese save into my memory card, the disk STILL says there is no Colosseum save data in MC slot A.

What the heck?

20. Lumstar

Lumstar Princess

Mar 6, 2006
    United States
    Darling
    I'm not sure but Gamecube memory cards use a peculiar region lockout. If the memory card has been formatted for use on a Japanese console, you'll have to get around that. (the opposite direction applies too)

Most methods of playing imports don't actually run Japanese games in their native system region. Resulting in saves from Japanese games being stored on non-Japanese cards, as well as crippling mojibake within some games.

Last edited by Lumstar, May 15, 2016
    WizardDani likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted