Finally! Hack for Japanese Colosseum Bonus Disc for US games!

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by daltonlaffs, Sep 11, 2010.

1. cearp

cearp 瓜老外

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    yes i'm pretty sure it needs to be a japanese save.
    i think on projectpokemon(?) there was a patch to make the gc iso load the US save...
    or maybe it was just to patch it to send celebi to non-japanese gba games.

look at projectpokemon :)

2. Xalusc

Xalusc Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 7, 2013
    China
    Zhōngguó
    Well... This thread is about the patch to make it load US saves...

3. cearp

cearp 瓜老外

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    maybe it doesn't work with nintendont. if someone else confirmed earlier in this thread that it worked for them... tag them i guess.

4. Lumstar

Lumstar Princess

Mar 6, 2006
    United States
    Darling
    Check the BIOS region/language. You might be (for instance) trying to use a US-formatted memory card, while running the game in Japanese system mode.

For GC game saves to work correctly, the console and memory card, as well as the game, should be matching region.
    Colosseum has different saves depending on the version of the game.

5. Xalusc

Xalusc Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 7, 2013
    China
    Zhōngguó
    Update: Burning the game into a (multi-ISO) disc worked. However, transferring Celebi to american GBA games still does not work, even after changing the values in offset 0x2A1294A0.

Last edited by Xalusc, Jul 22, 2019
  6. FoxyCake

FoxyCake Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 19, 2019
    Canada
    Has anyone been able transfer the 48 Celebis to their Sapphire/Ruby? I was able to get the first one transferred to my US Colosseum save file, but I can't get the game to recognize my US Sapphire to transfer the other 48 Celebis. It recognizes that the game is on, but then switches to a red X over the GameBoy after a few seconds. Just for the record, my Sapphire save file has the elite 4 beat, has 1 slot open in the party and is saved in a Pokemon centre.

7. suloku

suloku GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 28, 2008
    The thing is the transfer transfer to gba uses a gba side app which is only meant to recognize jap saves. I tried editing the gamecart code, but there's further identification built in this gba app. It should be technically possible to modify it to recognize other region games but no one had done it afaik.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted