finally got v4.0 homebrew but nothing appears in it HELP

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by tedster912, May 11, 2009.

1. tedster912
    OP

Member tedster912 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=154097&st=0

thats the guide i used. i got the backup channel or whatever that is. and the homebrew channel. but when i go to the homebrew channel nothing is there unless i have a file made for the homebrew channel. anyways i also have a problem when i try to use the program on the homebrew channel that installs cios or whatever is needed that i dont have....i get the error -1035 I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO... it was a virgin 4.0 so please help

2. kongsnutz

Member kongsnutz QuickTimeEvent

Australia
    Nothing wil appear in HBC i dunno what you think HBC is but only files made for HBC eg, apps/usbloader

wil show and work.

You need to use CIOSuninstaller and install the CIOSv7 again, then you can install the CIOSv10 from HBC

you can get CIOSuninstaller HERE

run that and follow the guide again to install the CIOSv7

3. oxMUDxo

Member oxMUDxo GBAtemp Fan

United States
    yup,

HomdBrew Channel is for running apps if you have no files/ Folders in the apps folder on the root of the SD card there will be no apps in HomeBrew channel....

Test it with Emulators there usely safe to run.... SD Card/ Apps/ SNES Emulator.. is how it should look.

Be care full with those apps some IOSs can harm or brick a Wii..

4. tedster912
    OP

Member tedster912 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    ok thanks guys. i was just braindead for a sec. im used to psp homebrew and this is a bit different lol now i understand. thanks